221g Administrative processing tracker

I've been in Adminstrative Processing for 5 MONTHS!

I am a Jordanian citizen, I've applied for an F1 Visa to the states on 18/Dec/2006 and i am still on-hold, now its 21/May/2007.

I've been trying to contact the embassy, or the counselor department, but the only thing i get from them is "Your application is going under administrative processing in Washington DC, please contact us after 30 days if you didn't hear from us"!....

I've been to the States on the summer of 2004, on a J1 Visa, and it took me only 2 months to get my J1 Visa, but now i don't know for how long should i wait!

I really don't know what to do... is there ANYTHING or ANYONE i can call or send email to! .. please guys ... any help will be highly appreciated!

Refusal??

HI Triple citizen,

Do you know of any case ..where visa stamping is refused coz of any reason in canada?
Or in your openion everybody gets it sooner or later.

What do you think.

Thx

I personally don't know anyone who was refused a visa at the end of their 221(g) process in Canada. However, that does not mean that it has never occured or will not occur.

What is your case number?

Hi Guys,

My father's case is pending from Dec 2006. Do you guys see any pattern in the case no?

Ex: The case no looks like ( this is true at least in chennai, india )

YYYY DDD CCC T
Where YYYY is year like 2006
DDD is day in the year -- it can be any where from 002 to 365 ( Note : Jan 1st is holiday so day starts from 002)

CCC may be token no the person on that day ( Not sure about this, if you are the 50th person on that day then the number is 050)

T -- 1 to 30. I believe this is what determines the type of processing , they are doing. My father's has T=3. Are you guys able to guess any thing from your case number

can my pending case be transferred to delhi from london?

Hi all,

I am waiting in London for 4 mths. I went to London consulate on 22nd Jan for re-stamping (after 3 years) and they told me that they need to do some AAP. I have been waiting ever since.

My company is cool and I can work from my London office or from home. But now I cant stay in London any longer and am planning to go to Delhi and work form there.

I was wondering if it would be possible for my case to be transferred to Delhi embassy from London embassy. Once AAP is complete, can I go to Delhi embassy for stamping?

I dont want my case to reset and all the time that I have spent waiting goes waste. In that case I would rather come back to london after AAP is completed.

I haven't asked consulate about it. I wanted to know if anyone has done anything like this before asking them.

appreciate your inputs on this!

Thanks!

Both my wife and myself had applied for the DV2011 lottery. We were common-law in Canada when we applied in 2009. When we applied for the lottery, we included each other as spouse even though we were not legally married as there was no option for common-law in the lottery and we did not think we were single.

A few months back my wife won the lottery. So, while filling up forms we sent to Kentucky (we entered our marriage date as the date on which we had our common-law marriage - i.e. November 2008).

Also we got legally married in July 2010. We went to our interview in Montreal in October 2010 and we provided evidence of both the common-law and legal marriage.

The interview with the consulate officer was okay except a few small things that I found weird
- for e.g. he asked us to provide an address where we would be living in the USA and an address where we would have the PR card mailed out (we had entered N/A on the forms) - and asked us to email that info ASAP (I emailed them the info of a friend the very next day - but come on - how do they expect people to have a US address?...if for e.g. you know no one in the USA or have never been there - which I am sure is the case for the majority of Diversity Lottery applicants)
Also the second thing I found weird was the way he was referring to everything categorically according to US laws...for e.g. saying categorically that the US does not recognize a common-law marriage....I mean come on....given that he works in Canada.....where common-law is legally recognized....and given that he is bound to come across different types of marriages especially when it comes to Diversity lottery applicants (i.e. mostly originating from countries with legal systems that are vastly different from those of the USA) - i.e. some countries only have religious weddings, some countries have same sex marriages.....and obviously when these people get married they are not concerned whether the USA recognizes their marriage or not....

Other than that he asked the generic questions - i.e line of work, expected moving date, checked checked documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, bank statements…).......All went smoothly.

Finally the consulate officer said he could not approve the visa right away because he would need to do check the validity of our common-law marriage in Canada in the context of US laws - he said that he would forward it to Washington...because he is not sure if (under US laws) my wife would be considered married or single when she entered the lottery.....as at the time she was not legally married.

And that's why he was placing it under administrative processing and gave us the white sheet of paper with 221(g) checked off - and with the comment "administrative processing". Also he kept our passports and asked if we had registered for the DHL delivery - to which we replied "yes" and he said – good, and that they have till September 2011 to process DV2011 applications and that it should take around 2 weeks to get our passports back. But it's been more than a month now and still no sign of the passports or no updates on the usvisa-info.com website. Also we did not get a DHL waybill number.

Also, the very next day after the interview (although I was not asked to submit any documentation) I both emailed and faxed Montreal info that I found from official US Government websites regarding common-law marriage:
The first website is: Immigrant Visa for a Spouse (IR1 or CR1)

travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2991.html

“What is a "Spouse"?

A spouse is a legally wedded husband or wife.

* Merely living together does not qualify a marriage for immigration.
* Common-law spouses may qualify as spouses for immigration purposes depending on the laws of the country where the common-law marriage occurs.
* In cases of polygamy, only the first spouse may qualify as a spouse for immigration.
* Same-sex marriages are not recognized by immigration law for the purpose of immigrating to the U.S.”

The second website is: Glossary of Visa Terms

travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary/glossary_1363.html#commonlawmarriage

“Spouse:Legally married husband or wife. A co-habiting partner does not qualify as a spouse for immigration purposes. A common-law husband or wife may or may not qualify as a spouse for immigration purposes, depending on the laws of the country where the relationship occurs.”

So far I have emailed them asking about the status of the case given that I was told I would receive passports back in 2 weeks
. And I got the short reply below.

"Your case and documents you have sent in are still in review, we will advise you once a decision is made on your file. "

That wait is killing me. Did anyone here go through administrative processing before and knows how long it takes for it to be complete?
So far not very happy with the lack of communication from the Montreal consulate.

Hello Everyone.
APplied for h1b visa extension stamping in US consulate, India and got 221g. Came to know recently that visa has been rejected...

Thanks

additional administrative review

Hi,

Starting this topic again, maybe somebody will response.

In AP for about 2 months. Went for H1B stamping (petition already approved) in Moscow (I'm russian), previously worked for the company during OPT in F-1 status..

My problem is that I'm not falling into regular risk categories for AP... My name is unique, my profession is not in technology alert list, I'm not from the country that is subject for close terrorism check..

So my only explanation is that the officer didn't like my answers (I couldn't remember the name of the place where I was working during Work & Travel 4 years ago and also I mistakenly said I paid myself for my education, but then corrected that I was actually sponsored) and decided to do some checks on me..

Anybody has the idea what he might be checking and how long it can take? I just don't understand if he suspects me in fraud, why didn't he deny the visa right after the interview? I think he has the right to use his judgement without looking for proofs. I doubt they will go through the trouble of going to that small cafe and investigate about me working there... Otherwise, what else?