221(G) Administartive Processing.....Please help me

surajsuraj

Registered Users (C)
221(G) Administartive Processing.....Great guru Please help me

Hi,

I have attended interview at chennai consulate 4 months(Feb/2006) back. At that time the consular taken all the documents saying that they are putting my application under Administartive Processing and will get back you soon. He hand over blue sheet with case number. But so far no reply.
My client is threating me that he will cancel my offer letter.

So kindly suggest me how to track status of my visa.Is there any way to know the status of H1B visa

Regards,
Suraj :(

Last edited by a moderator:
221g - DoS cleared - Whats Next?

Hi Suraj

Any luck from consulate yet?

I also got 221g (Administrative Clearance) 3 weeks back and was told that someone from m consulate will contact me after few verifications.

I had called up DoS (Dept. of State) as few memebers in this forum suggested and was told that my application was cleared by DoS. I guess next step for me is to contact Chennai consulate and see if there is any progress.

Cheers,
Amjad.

surajsuraj said:
Hi,

I have attended interview at chennai consulate 4 months(Feb/2006) back. At that time the consular taken all the documents saying that they are putting my application under Administartive Processing and will get back you soon. He hand over blue sheet with case number. But so far no reply.
My client is threating me that he will cancel my offer letter.

So kindly suggest me how to track status of my visa.Is there any way to know the status of H1B visa

Regards,
Suraj :(

Hi Amjad

I not yet get any reply from consulate. During my interview with consulate-chennai, i was handover with blue sheet. is it same for your?
Could you please provide me the contact/telephone numbers of DOS so that i will find out whether my case was get cleared or not?

Regards,
Suraj

Hi

Hi
I am from Hyderabad . I have attended for H1B interview in Chennai consulate on 24th Mar1005 . The VO has taken all my certificates and H1B papers and told me that they want to verify my docs and has given me 221 (g) blue form and marked on " This application needs additional admin processing " . Its been more than 20months I have not received any infor reg my visa . I had been to US twice on B1 . I am still waitin for the reply from chennai consulate . Is there any way to find out the status ., I ahve sent mails to consulate and they are replying that its still under process .. Inc ase if u have any info please mail me to hibujji at gmail.com .

Thanks

H1B revalidation got 221(g) Yellow form Additional Adminstrative processing

Hi,
Went to US Consulate for H1B revalidation but they issued me yellow form having 221(g) marked on it.
1. Want to know if they call me again will I be interviewed again or I just need to pay fees and drop passport.
2. VO mentioned it takes 4 weeks what is your all opinion how much time does it take to recieve a call from Embassy.
Regards,
Crusader

Some questions on 221(g)

Hi ,

When one goes for H1b stamping and If some one get stuck in any type of administrative eprocessing or sequrity clearence ,or the process in which one needs to wait for long period to get H1b stamped.

1) Do the visa officer also take the passport??
2) Can a person travel to some other country like Canada when he is waiting for his H1b stamping case to get solved at the consulate in India??
3) or He needs to wait in the country were he is stuck and can't travel to any other country

Many Thanks

Hi,

Visa officer never take the passport. He requires only petation related documents. You can travel any country that is not an issue. For example, after i got 221(g) fro H1B visa, my company send me for B1 stamping. There i got successful stamp for 10 years.

Regards,
suraj

What will happenif someone got 221g in Canada n don't want togo homecountry for stamp

Thanks surajsuraj!!

Hi Everybody

I am having one more question please answer
If some one goes to Canada for H1b stamping and got 221(g) and visa officer said him/her to go to home country for stamping(India or any other) and if he/she don't want to go and decided to pursue career in Canada itself bcos he also have a work permit or PR of Canada In this case what will happen to his H1b petition
1) will the petition will get canceled automatically
2) will the case considered as abandoned
3) Or Once applied he must have to go to his home country to get it stamped bcos of any legal issue if exists.

Thanks a lot!!

Hi Sharma,

You can have N number of H1B petations. I know some of my friends whose first petation was rejected and get H1B visa for 2nd petation.

when you have PR status in canada, you can continue with your work. H1B is not related at all to this.
The petition won't get canceled upto 2 years. But when consulate asked you to go back to your native place, you suppose to do if you requires H1B stamping. This is must and should.

In 221(g), what are the points that were checked by consulor in the blue sheet?

Regards,
sudheer

Question

I am planning to go to Canada for a 8th yr H1 visa stamping and have my I-140 approved in Sept 2004 and am stuck in Retrogression.

I have an appointment in the Vancouver consulate on Dec 14 2006 and am concerned whether these folks will approve and if not do I get stuck in Canada or I will have to go home to India.

KP

surajsuraj said:
Hi Sharma,

You can have N number of H1B petations. I know some of my friends whose first petation was rejected and get H1B visa for 2nd petation.

when you have PR status in canada, you can continue with your work. H1B is not related at all to this.
The petition won't get canceled upto 2 years. But when consulate asked you to go back to your native place, you suppose to do if you requires H1B stamping. This is must and should.

In 221(g), what are the points that were checked by consulor in the blue sheet?---------I am analysing all the possible problems ,I am having may appointment for stamping at canada in Jan.

Regards,
sudheer

221(g) .. Got a mail from Consulate after 2 years

Friends
Got the mail from chennai consulate asking me to submit the offer letter,Passport by courier . I will get my visa in another 10 days .

Consualte issued my 221(g) in Mar2005 . Its been almost 2 years now . Lets pray BABA , He will help us ..

Thanks
Bujji

hibujji at Gmail.com