• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

22 000?

Hummm! this is unlike DOS. Am sure more news will unfold by Monday or Tuesday. I mean, how could this be? why they didn't check the result before posting? Computer is a piece of junk without an operator. or was the operator a 5 yrs old kid? Anyways, no system is perfect. Plz, do it right this time!!!!!

u got a point, i mean the drawing takes place like early april, & they couldn't see this?

credibility

Surely, citizens and non-citizens will question the credibility of the dv lottery and GOP might even inject politics due to this fatal error. Even grade 2 kid review his work before presenting it to his teacher. I think the Assistant Sec. should have said, we(DOS) srewed up, please forgive us rather, he blamed it on the computer as if the computer operated itself.

It is incredible. I do statistics and you need a very SIMPLE, like undergrad level!!!!, script to draw random numbers!!!

You have to understand that the DV program is underfunded and people in various levels of power have been trying to eliminate it altogether. The DV is outdated and makes little sense in the 21th century. It will go the way of the dinosaurs with an immigration reform now becoming a hot topic again.
There will be DV2012 and DV2013 but I would not be so sure for 2014. KCC have really basic equipment and the technology they use is outdated, while their personnel is under-qualified. Not to mention that you can count the people who work on the program on your hand. No one will sit down and go through tens of thousands of selectees' names and numbers and check if they look fine. I am sure they have checked a few but it just didn't occur to them that there was a date biased introduced.