203 a2b INA adult of LPR

Joseph158

Hello..
I am single male 27 years old , my grandmother ( a US citizen ) filled an application for my family in 2003, last year my entire family members got the green card except me because i was overage, eventhough my younger brother who was 25 years old was able to get the green card due to ( child status protection act) i don't understand why it wasn't beneficial for me. As soon as my dad got the green card he applied an I 130 application for me on December 2016, it said that the preference classification " 203 INA a2b adult child of LPR" .. I've been through the net lately and found that it means I'm F2b. I'd like to ask how much time I have to wait to get the green card, my lawyer said it would take about 2 years only, but as a F2b it would take at least 6 years.. I'm really confused looking for a clear answer ..
Thank you

Last edited:
Do I have any hope of qualifying as a derivative through my grandmother's F3? Cuz my lawyer was pretty sure as he said it won't take exceed a 2 years period ..
Thank you
CSPA says that the length of the time the petition was pending (i.e. length of time from filing of I-130 to when I-130 was approved) is subtracted from the child's age. So for example if the I-130 took 5 years to approve, then children do not age out until 26, which means a 25-year old would be able to immigrate as a derivative and a 27-year old wouldn't. You have not provided information to determine how long the I-130 was pending. Plus, to take advantage of CSPA, the person must "seek to acquire" within one year of the visa being available, so it may be too late now anyway.

CSPA says that the length of the time the petition was pending (i.e. length of time from filing of I-130 to when I-130 was approved) is subtracted from the child's age. So for example if the I-130 took 5 years to approve, then children do not age out until 26, which means a 25-year old would be able to immigrate as a derivative and a 27-year old wouldn't. You have not provided information to determine how long the I-130 was pending. Plus, to take advantage of CSPA, the person must "seek to acquire" within one year of the visa being available, so it may be too late now anyway.

Thank you .. I'm very grateful for your help.. you made everything clear ..
Could you please explain this for me..

my lawyer said since I aged out, we filed another petition for me as a non- married son of LPR, but we notify them about the situation and they would submit my father's priority date to my case. so I don;t have to wait as new petitioner rather than an old one.

Could this make any sense ???

Thank you .. I'm very grateful for your help.. you made everything clear ..
Could you please explain this for me..

my lawyer said since I aged out, we filed another petition for me as a non- married son of LPR, but we notify them about the situation and they would submit my father's priority date to my case. so I don;t have to wait as new petitioner rather than an old one.

Could this make any sense ???
The priority date of the petition your grandfather made for your father is irrelevant. The priority date for the new petition for you will be the date that your father filed it.

@newacct
My mother was petitioned by my grandmother and my brother in 2016 ,and the petition was approved, The petition was pending for 4years now my brother a 22 old .Now on june 2020 they send email to asked my mother extrait dachive ,id would like to know ho much time can take again .We from Haiti .Preference classification 203 a2b ina adult child lpr, Priority Date July ,29 2016 .Please help me

Last edited:
hello guys >>
i have aproved Id and case naumber >>> What should I do now ?
i need chek >>>> my dad he get this for my brother in 2019 /09/26
my brother a 22 .. and 28 .. and 32
Is there something I need to do? ........... What should I do now ?