• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

13173346_1764056340496882_8110988918960282707_o.jpg

If that is genuine (and some people have been known to put up fake selected letters to get attention) then it is interesting that they changed the wording slightly to not give the selectee estimate.

If that is genuine (and some people have been known to put up fake selected letters to get attention) then it is interesting that they changed the wording slightly to not give the selectee estimate.

I hope it is real, but the font and "feel" doesn't appear to match the webpages I managed to access at midday on the dot. The page for entering your data looked completely reworked and different to previous years. Guess we shall find out as more people find out they're winners :)

edit: appears you have clarified it below and it does appear to be real!

Last edited:

A winner on my blog confirms the wording of the letter (and no global selectee number estimate).

Reactions: Eby
A winner on my blog confirms the wording of the letter (and no global selectee number estimate).
What could be the reason for not including the global selectee number estimate?

This will make people to panic more since they won't know where they stand among others, no?

What could be the reason for not including the global selectee number estimate?

This will make people to panic more since they won't know where they stand among others, no?

No it won't make more people panic. Most people don't even stop to think of what that number meant in relation to the available visas, so their new statement is actually clearer in a sense, particularly as the number given in previous years was inaccurate anyway.

anyone else in yet?

i'm still failing miserably to get logged in :(

The service is unavailable.
Server is too busy

No it won't make more people panic. Most people don't even stop to think of what that number meant in relation to the available visas, so their new statement is actually clearer in a sense, particularly as the number given in previous years was inaccurate anyway.

I see, interesting