• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 DV Winners from Zimbabwe

oh okay got it. WHat are the chances of winning the lottery though? eish i hope ndohwinawo amana. bcoz ummm Zim is tough.
I am not Zimbabwean, so don't understand the languages. Search "dv visa chances by country" and you can see the odds. Zimbabwe has 1.37% odds

I am not Zimbabwean, so don't understand the languages. Search "dv visa chances by country" and you can see the odds. Zimbabwe has 1.37% odds
1.37% is not so great isn't it? but just hopeful. i see most countries are hovering around the 0.8 - 1.5% chance.

Hi guys. Quick question: So I'm a DV2024 winner and I'd like to know how much in savings in my bank Statements are sufficient? And if perhaps proof of assets is good enough proof of financials. Thanks

Hi guys. Quick question: So I'm a DV2024 winner and I'd like to know how much in savings in my bank Statements are sufficient? And if perhaps proof of assets is good enough proof of financials. Thanks
I was never asked for these things but it all depends on how well the officer thinks your odds of not being a public charge are and how many people are with you. In African embassies, I think many care more about some "host" as opposed to your own savings. Search "Brit Simon avoid public charge denial" and you will get some info about this

Its safer to look for a sponsor. Go through this video, the argument there is that your resources may not be enough. But that depends on the CO you meet on that day. I know 2 people, who were not asked to produce an i134, although they already had them ready.

I was never asked for these things but it all depends on how well the officer thinks your odds of not being a public charge are and how many people are with you. In African embassies, I think many care more about some "host" as opposed to your own savings. Search "Brit Simon avoid public charge denial" and you will get some info about this
Thanks. I will look into that.

Hello Zimbos, just my own analysis and food for thought, in DV2023 there was a total of over 200 Zimbabwean selectees but only 42 cases received 2nls. What happened to the other 160+ cases. Can we say they never submitted their ds260s? Yet the highest case to be interviewed at Harare embassy according to the xarthisius data was around 61K and all african cases were current highest being 63K. Another assumption could be that the 160+ were all in diaspora as data only shows 2nls send at a specific embassy not by nationality. Then for DV2024, there were over 200 selectees again and so far only 13 cases have received 2nls, but look at South Africa, their dv scheduling is good, for dv2024 there were 199 selectees and so far 81 2nls have been sent. Even Zambia had 85 selectees for dv2024 and 41 2nls have been sent so far. My Question is, why is our embassy slow on scheduling or rather reluctant. Isn't it better to use the Joburg embassy when filling ds260 to minimise the risk?