• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 winner here... 2nd nl

Gc2014

Registered Users (C)
Hi there
2014AS00002xxx

Could you please advice me on the 2nd NL because our police report will take 2 to 3 months.

*When it will be my interview?

*Can I start doing the documents?

*what will be the time period from the 2nd NL and interview??

*i am32 years old a MBA student (of course got A Level too) got 6 years work experience as a director of a company and 2 years IT engineering but diploma, my wife also a graduate with hons.

Anyone can share your experience just for peace of my mind.

Congratulations and welcome.

*When it will be my interview?
Either October or November.

*Can I start doing the documents?
Yes you probably should apply for the police report now.

*what will be the time period from the 2nd NL and interview??
You will check the visa bulletin in just under 2 weeks from now. It may show that your number is within the range for October interviews (although high 2000's will probably be November). If your number is current (within range) you could expect an email within a few days after the visa bulletin telling you to check the ESC status checker (where you got you selected letter). There is no harm in checking that before you get the email. So, you should have something like 4 to 6 weeks notice of the interview. You will need to schedule the medicals within that time.

Your education will be all you need in terms of qualifying for the DV.

Take some time to read plenty of threads here as there is much good information available here!

Simon

britsimon, whether we will be able to say something more about high case numbers in EU region after the first visa bulletin?? Are you still thinking that case number EU40XXX have a chance?

britsimon, whether we will be able to say something more about high case numbers in EU region after the first visa bulletin?? Are you still thinking that case number EU40XXX have a chance?

I don't think we will see the one VB released in a few days time and suddenly all will be clear so we can make accurate predictions. So my guess is that the guessing will continue. After 2 or 3 more VBs we will have a better idea of how things are going.

I have never really "got" why some people think this year MUST be faster because there are more selectees this year. There may be a higher rate of dropouts/rejections this year and that could make things go faster. There is a chance that someone has decided to adhere "more closely" to the rules and let less borderline cases slip through. There may be factors that mean less people thn normal apply this year. There may be big disqualifications for a country. Who knows? Answer - no one knows, yet.

It is going to be a nailbiting time and EU40k. I respect Raevsky's opinions and analysis but I hope he is wrong this year. I don't KNOW anything for sure but my gut says early EU40's could be ok. I hope so.

I think EU is going to be little faster (I expect to see 9K at first VB) because:

- We see CNs around 55K in EU region which were usually 30-31K but there is %20 increase overall.

Which means there are mooree holes since all %20 are not from EU (unless holes are over 30K) the progress will be faster this year. That is my take but I might be wrong.

I don't think we will see the one VB released in a few days time and suddenly all will be clear so we can make accurate predictions. So my guess is that the guessing will continue. After 2 or 3 more VBs we will have a better idea of how things are going.

I have never really "got" why some people think this year MUST be faster because there are more selectees this year. There may be a higher rate of dropouts/rejections this year and that could make things go faster. There is a chance that someone has decided to adhere "more closely" to the rules and let less borderline cases slip through. There may be factors that mean less people thn normal apply this year. There may be big disqualifications for a country. Who knows? Answer - no one knows, yet.

It is going to be a nailbiting time and EU40k. I respect Raevsky's opinions and analysis but I hope he is wrong this year. I don't KNOW anything for sure but my gut says early EU40's could be ok. I hope so.

Last edited by a moderator: