• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Mijoro, ihearty and to all my australians dv2014 mates, i wish you guys all the best for the upcoming last VB.
May KCC have mercy on us 2014 DV selectees...

Thanks all. Its been quite a ride. A roller coaster of hopes raised and dashed and frustration, confusion and a tantrum or 2 lol. :rolleyes:

I think the cut off will be around 1700.

Hopefully I'll get selected for DV16 and then I'll see you all here again :) I just hope whomever was responsible for this almighty f**kup gets their arse kicked. That's all.

Last edited:
Thanks all. Its been quite ride. A roller coaster of hopes raised and dashed and frustration, confusion and a tantrum or 2 lol. :rolleyes:

I think the cut off will be around 1700.

Hopefully I'll get selected for DV16 and then I'll see you all here again :) I just hope whomever was responsible for this almighty f**kup gets their arse kicked. That's all.
Cheers my friend

Attachments

• NY.jpg
    NY.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
Thank you everyone who has had to put up with the tears and tantrums this last 14or so months, what a ride it's been. I too will apply for 2016 and hope to be selected.

Thanks for the fish

Mish in Aus

Why the defeatist attitudes? Does someone know something I don't? I might lose my mind in a couple of days when the numbers come out but until then in my mind its full steam ahead.

Just thought I'd chime in with some info on the possibility of the DV lottery being abolished. I've been following US politics for some time, especially this new immigration bill that Obama is pushing forward. The fact is the bill stipulates that the DV lottery will be replaced by a new program for high skilled immigrants. For this to happen, Congress; both the Senate (Democrats) and the House of Representatives (Republicans), have to vote to pass the bill. As of now only the Senate has voted in favour; the House refuses to even bring it to the floor (to open it for discussion and a vote).

Thing is though, there will be elections for the House of Representatives on November 4th this year, for all 435 seats. This is where I'm worried, because if the Democrats win the majority of the seats, then they can vote in the new bill and there goes the DV lottery. If the Republicans win, then we can breathe a sigh of relief, since they don't agree with the immigration bill.

But according to the Wikpedia page for the DV lottery: "If passed, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 will abolish the program from fiscal year 2015." The US fiscal year for 2015 begins on October 1st. Assume the bill passes, I'm not sure if this means that DV2016 will be the last one, or whether it will just be scrapped regardless if it has started for 2016? Because if the Democrats win the House of Representatives, and they vote in the bill, then will the lottery automatically be cancelled, even though it has already begun in October? I'm thinking that it means it will be scrapped, regardless of whether it begun in October. So the date many of us have to look out for is November 4th this year, and hope that the Republicans win.

I had my first try for 2015, but wasn't selected. So I'm *really* hoping that it will hold out for 2016, and I get a place!

From my limited knowledge of the current state if US politics the Democrats will be losing seats in the House for sure in the November election. I wouldn't worry.

I've got a feeling the next bulletin's gonna be like 2000. Based on no fact at all. Just a gut instinct

Yep I sometimes think that it might as well and that would mean that I'd miss out by less than 10 spots. I tell ya, that would feel a whole lot worse than missing out by a lot. *sigh*

Well it was a nice ride but not cigar this year. Sorry to anyone disappointed with the cut off, if you were making plans surrounding it. The number was 1450 for those who haven't seen it yet.

The August bulletin (with September cut-offs) has just been published ...
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...letin/2014/visa-bulletin-for-august-2014.html

The Oceania cut-off for September is the name as it was for August -- only 1450. I called KCC for an explanation and the woman said they weren't sure what was happening with our region. She said the number may change and for me to call back in a fortnight for an update.

This really is the most ridiculous process. So, they're now going to string us out for at least another fortnight! It's almost enough to dissuade you from wanting to migrate there.

It might be worth some other Oceania selectees calling as well over the next day or two to see if you can get more information than I got from my woman. If you do, please post it here.

To all my fellow Oceania Folks, its been a wonderful crazy ride with you all. I have loved every minute of it. The tears, the tantrums, the hope. I wish you all the best. See you next DV !!

See ya DV14 OC peeps. Im outta here. Hopefully I'll see you in the OC 2016 thread :)

Congrats to everyone who went current- best of luck in your new life.

To everyone else- its been quite a year! Good luck to you all!

Steph.

Sooooo from the beginning we were given a number that was never ever ever ever going to be called. What a complete waste of time and emotion. Time for plan B I guess, good luck to everyone on their path, there is always another way.

Sooooo from the beginning we were given a number that was never ever ever ever going to be called. What a complete waste of time and emotion. Time for plan B I guess, good luck to everyone on their path, there is always another way.

But that's the thing ... for the last 10+ years, OC has always gone CURRENT, so the numbers we were given could possibly have been called. To be honest, I was still hoping for a CURRENT status this year as well, despite the balls-up that the rest of the year has been.

As you are posting in the Australian Winners forum, I'm assuming you are an Australian citizen? Have you considered the E3 work visa option as Plan-B?

Wow...
Well I am feeling quite sad, and I've known for months that I had almost no chance (with my CN) so I can't imagine how you guys with CNs around 15/1600 are feeling.
Commiserations all round!!! :(

I put off moving to the UK earlier this year to wait and see what happened with this. I guess I could look at it like a waste of time, but I got a good new job in NZ while I waiting so not all is lost. And the UK is still there for me now.

Is it wise to keep trying with this? I'm not sure. It takes time out of your life to go through the process and wait around, encouraged by the prize dangling just in front of your face. Close but far away.