2013 May N 400 Tracker

Received interview letter.

June 10, 2013: In line for int. scheduling
June 11, 2013: Int. scheduled
June 17, 2013: Int. letter received
July 16, 2013: Int. date

non_linear,
Your timeline seems pretty close. Our IL was mailed on 6/14.
Guess Interview date to be around July last week.

winthan,

You will get your "In line for interview scheduling" email morning of June 24 ! Only 5 days away... :)

Luck does not have anything to do here !

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, damn you are so sick dude! how did you know? Your are right, i just receive the email regarding about it! thanks man!

non_linear, winthan,

My spouse received Interview letter today. It's scheduled one month from today on 24 Jul.
BTW, both of us had been LPR for over a decade (since Mar 2003). Employment based.

@non_linear, my field office is located New York City, NY. When i called them up for IL, they said interview may take place in Queen which is closed to my place.

Hi everyone! I just got my interview letter today in the mail and my interview is in less than a month!!! I am so nervous!!! I need to study the booklet for the interview. My husband won't be with me on my interview cause he will be in class (he is in the military) and he will only be home on the weekends for the entire month of August :( - I hope that won't be a problem. Crossing my fingers!!! Good luck to us!

My spouse received YL (Yellow Letter) today.
The only doc mentioned is to bring the DL for the interview next week (Wed 7/24).

Don't worry. It is very simple. I am preparing my spouse too.

When I had interview 4 years back, I had saved some important information from this site to remember for interview. Here you go :

There are just few exact numbers we need to remember:
When was the Declaration of Independence adopted? July4,1776
When was the Constitution written? 1787
How many amendments does the Constitution have? 27
How many voting members are in the House of Representatives? 435
How many members are in the Senate? 100

There few names of people we need to remember:
Thomas Jefferson (Who wrote the Constitution?)
Benjamin Franklin (US Diplomat)
James Madison (one of the authors of the Federalist papers)
George Washington (The first president)
Susan B. Anthony (fought for women's rights)
M.L.King (fought for civil rights)
Woodrow Wilson (the president during the WWI)
Franklin Roosevelt (the president during WWII)
Lincoln (freed the slaves, preserved the Union during the Civil war)

Interview and oath letter received.

FO: San Jose, CA
Mailing/Fling
May 06, 2013: Mailed to Phoenix, AZ lockbox
May 09, 2013: Received/Priority Date
Receipt/Check
May 14, 2013: Check cashed
May 17, 2013: NOA/Receipt Notice received (Never got receipt email, sent G-1145)
Biometrics
May 24, 2013: Bio Notice received (Scheduled for: June 11, 2013)
May 24, 2013 (walk-in): Bio done
Interview
Oath
July 16, 2013: Oath letter received
July 18, 2013: Oath date

Interview and oath letter received.

FO: San Jose, CA
Mailing/Fling
May 06, 2013: Mailed to Phoenix, AZ lockbox
May 09, 2013: Received/Priority Date
Receipt/Check
May 14, 2013: Check cashed
May 17, 2013: NOA/Receipt Notice received (Never got receipt email, sent G-1145)
Biometrics
May 24, 2013: Bio Notice received (Scheduled for: June 11, 2013)
May 24, 2013 (walk-in): Bio done
Interview
Oath
July 16, 2013: Oath letter received
July 18, 2013: Oath date

Non-lin, congrats for your citizenship!! This must be the quickest timeline I've seen!

Non-lin, congrats for your citizenship!! This must be the quickest timeline I've seen!

I agree with fushy.

Non-lin was very quick. Just over 2 months.
I thought I was fast, 4 years back when I took oath in 3 months.

Actually, I would attribute it to mainly two things -

1.) The San Jose FO is one of the three fastest field offfices - and all WA and OH Field offices being the other ones (USCIS
ombudsman report 2013 reporting actual cycle times)
2.) Knowing this, I only applied a little more than two months away from my 5 year anniversary. If I had applied 3 months before
the case would have stalled only because they cannot schedule interviews more than a month away and not because they are taking
time processing the case.

Non_Linear,
Thanks for your insight.. Just curious on your point 2: Doesn't the interview scheduler take somebody in the pending queue when ther e are available interview slots? How can somebody who applied 2 months earlier get faster interview date than who applied 3 months earlier??

Where do they use the priority date? I thought priority date is key while scheduling the interview..

-kmrl

Well, the priority date here isn't of much value.

For someone who is applying before the 3/5 year anniversary:

If the background checks are completed, then can only schedule an interview no more than 30 days before from the date you become eligible for naturalization (3/5yr anniversary). That is the reason you will see "in-line for interviewing" exactly a month (+ or - 2 days accounting for weekends) from the anniversary date, if you have done your biometrics and FBI/IBIS checks are completed.

In a nutshell, some one who has applied 3 months ago but is 45 days from the anniversary date will not be scheduled, but the one who is say past her anniversary date and applied 2 months ago, will get scheduled earlier. They may schedule as soon she is placed "in-line" like mine or later, based on the load of the field office (which varies).

Once the case is handed off by NBC to the FO, your timelines are all dependent on the FO