• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012 winner relationship status help

janetgal

Registered Users (C)
A friend of mine just won dv 2012. She is recently married, after filling the forms. I don't think there is a problem but she is freaking out about it so:

1. Can she stay married and fill her husbands info but ok to go to interview without him? In other words, would they demand him to come to the interview at all? What if he fails to attend the interview?

2. Her passport is Married but can she fill her forms as single?

She is afraid her husband may not able to attend due to some reasons (he is in the army) or so.

Any tips please.

You should never lie on an immigration form. She can change her status to married but the marriage will be questioned because many after winning aren't real.

So basically, she wants to go to the US without her husband? She does understand that he will not be able to follow her for many years if they do not proceed together...right?

This story would definitely create a confusion at the embassy but if she returns the forms ONLY for her while still referring to her husband and to the fact that she is still married it should not be a problem for her to go on without him. She can always say they are separated if this is an issue. Again, if in doubt, call or email KCC...they will answer your questions.

Question

I have a similar question.

When I applied for the DV back in October of 2010 I was Divorced. I was not selected in May results. Got married on July 2nd, and on July 16th found out that I was selected for further processing. So the question is Do I just fill out form DS-230 for myself and my wife and send it to KCC to update them on my relationship status? Since there is only 13 day difference between my marriage and the day I found out that I was selected, do you think this could cause me a problem?

Thanks in advance

Do I just fill out form DS-230 for myself and my wife and send it to KCC to update them on my relationship status?

Yes. Fill those forms for you and her and send them.

Since there is only 13 day difference between my marriage and the day I found out that I was selected, do you think this could cause me a problem?

No problem. You got married before your selection. You will have no problem. Just bring the doc showing that you got married on July 2.

I have a similar question.

When I applied for the DV back in October of 2010 I was Divorced. I was not selected in May results. Got married on July 2nd, and on July 16th found out that I was selected for further processing. So the question is Do I just fill out form DS-230 for myself and my wife and send it to KCC to update them on my relationship status? Since there is only 13 day difference between my marriage and the day I found out that I was selected, do you think this could cause me a problem?

Thanks in advance

There is no problem at all. You filed the original e-DV back in Octiober as single and now you are married. Not a problem at all. And as said, send a DS-230 for your wife.

Thanks for your info. Can you make it clear please:

1. Since her passport will mention MARRIED, in forms she should fill as MARRIED. Do we need to send back his information as well? (in Forms). If we do, is it ok if he don't come to the interview at all? Will her marriage be questioned?

2. Is it better to be divorced just for the sake of interview right now then? The marriage totally legal and right but if it will put her chance in jeapardy, she can get a divorce but it will take time and money and all that things.

So basically, she wants to go to the US without her husband? She does understand that he will not be able to follow her for many years if they do not proceed together...right?

This story would definitely create a confusion at the embassy but if she returns the forms ONLY for her while still referring to her husband and to the fact that she is still married it should not be a problem for her to go on without him. She can always say they are separated if this is an issue. Again, if in doubt, call or email KCC...they will answer your questions.

A friend of mine just won dv 2012. She is recently married, after filling the forms. I don't think there is a problem but she is freaking out about it so:

1. Can she stay married and fill her husbands info but ok to go to interview without him? In other words, would they demand him to come to the interview at all? What if he fails to attend the interview?

2. Her passport is Married but can she fill her forms as single?

She is afraid her husband may not able to attend due to some reasons (he is in the army) or so.

Any tips please.

There is no problem with this at all. I know several people who married after the online application but they proceeded as couples to the interview and they had their visa. This is what you or your friend has to do: She should download two set of the reguired dv lottery visa application forms, fill them seperatly and indicate that you are married. Make a photocopy of your marriage certificate and post them together to kcc. Do not send the original marriage certificate because kcc will not bring it back to you. If she does this, both of their names will appear on the 2nd notification that kcc will send/mail prior to the interview.
The consular officers always suspect all marriages contracted after your first online application. so to get the visa, you must be able to convince very well. so they should start organise all the pictures they have, both before marriage and after marriage and during the marriage together and present it as a proof and I hope it will be well with them.