2012 December N-400 Tracking

Received our Passports today

Timeline Summary.

n400 PD: 12/26/2012
Oath:2/27/2013
PP Applied: 3/8/2013 (Routine Service)
PP Received: 3/25/2013 (16 days with Routine service!)

Email

We received the text message and email on Friday that an interview has been scheduled. However, we have not received the notice yet.

The issue is my wife is leaving the country for two weeks on May 1. What is the procedure to change an interview date?

how do you apply for emails

We received the text message and email on Friday that an interview has been scheduled. However, we have not received the notice yet.

The issue is my wife is leaving the country for two weeks on May 1. What is the procedure to change an interview date?

You will probably get an interview date of 24 or 25 of April. Baltimore has same day oath ceremonies at 2:00 PM. If everything goes well, you can visit a passport office (there is one in DC) the next day and get the passport in one day. You will need to pay the expedited processing fee.

Good luck!

We actually got an interview date of May 1 at 8:40am. My wife is leaving the country that night, so there is no time for her to get a US Passport before she leaves the US. So, we are going to the interview when it is scheduled and I told her that she needs to explain to them that she is leaving the country that night and if she passes the interview to schedule her oath after she comes back.

To add more issues to the problem. I am hearing impaired. When I go to the movies I request caption devices, and have trouble hearing in large areas, even with my hearing aids. I don't know ASL. As a result I would prefer that my wife takes her oath in the US District Court and request that a court reporter be present so that they can provide me with written text of what is being said live, it is called CART. Does anyone know if a court reporter is usually present in naturalization ceremonies that are done in courts?

Here is my timeline. This for the Houston DO

Rule: 5 Year

12/07/12: N-400 mailed to TX Lockbox
12/08/12: N-400 delivered
12/10/12: NOA received (Snail Mail)
12/15/12: FP Notice Received
12/27/12: FP done
12/31/12: In line for Interview
02/04/13: Interview scheduled
02/08/13: YL received (State Issued DL)
03/22/13: Interview Done- 'Passed'
04/01/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen"
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Had my interview yesterday in Boston. It lasted about 15-20 minutes and it was very easy and straightforward. The guy congratulated me, and said I would receive a letter for the oath ceremony in the mail within the next four weeks. I hope it actually takes less than that.

Good luck to everyone !!!

Update:

11/28/12: N-400 mailed to AZ Lockbox
11/30/12: N-400 delivered
12/03/12: NOA received (Electronic)
12/08/12: NOA received (Snail Mail)
12/08/12: FP Notice Received
12/19/12: FP done
1/28/13: Placed in line for interview scheduling.
1/31/13: Interview scheduled
2/1/13: YL Recvd.
2/6/13: IL Recvd. - Interview scheduled for March 11th.
3/11/13: Interview Done- 'Passed'
3/13/13: Oath scheduling que
3/23/13: Oath Letter received - scheduled for April 4th
4/4/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen"

FROM Atlanta, GA
11/30/12: N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX EXPRESS MAIL
12/03/12: N-400 delivered (day 1)
12/06/12: NOA received (Electronic)
12/07/12: NOA received (Snail Mail)
12/07/12: FP Notice Received
12/18/12: FP done
12/20/12: Placed in line for interview scheduling
04/04/13: Interview scheduled
04/08/13: IL Recvd.
XX/XX/13: Interview Done- 'Passed'
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling

Note: it took more than 90 days to get IL sent out.

My wife has her citizenship interview tomorrow morning in Baltimore. Here is what we are going to bring (she applied under the 3 year rule):
1. Her GC and passport.
2. Her state issued drivers license with address change card
3. Our marriage certificate
4. My US issued passport
5. Tax transcripts from 2009, 2010, and 2011. Copy of our 2012 return.

Is there anything else that she needs to bring? Also, I know that Baltimore usually does same day oaths, but I told her that she needs to request to have her oath on another day since she leaving the US on a two-week vacation tomorrow night.

Wife had her interview this morning in Baltimore. She was in there for about 15 minutes. She said the officer had her entire immigration file which had what we sent in for the I-485 and I-751. My wife said the officer wanted to see her GC didn't ask to see any other documentation. The officer asked the Yes/No questions on the N-400 and then did the test. After she was done the officer gave her a piece of paper that said she passed and her N-400 is being recommended for approval. She was told that she would get her oath ceremony notice in the mail.

Anyone have any clue how long we need to wait before we get the notice in the mail?

Received the automated email and text message last night that the status of the case has been moved to the oath scheduling que.

Received the email and the text message today that an oath date has been scheduled for my wife.

Is the oath letter mailed from the local office (in this case Baltimore) or is it mailed from NBC in MO?

FROM Atlanta, GA
11/30/12: N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX EXPRESS MAIL
12/03/12: N-400 delivered (day 1)
12/06/12: NOA received (Electronic)
12/07/12: NOA received (Snail Mail)
12/07/12: FP Notice Received
12/18/12: FP done
12/20/12: Placed in line for interview scheduling
04/04/13: Interview scheduled
04/08/13: IL Recvd.
05/09/13: Interview Done- 'Passed'
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling

Note: it took more than 90 days to get IL sent out.

Wife had her Oath Ceremony on Friday in Baltimore. I wasn't able to go due to a conflict with work. The ceremony was scheduled for 9am. She said that they were about 60 people there that were taking the oath. As usual it started later then stated. When they checked her in they noticed she marked yes to travel outside the US since the interview, so they just asked what countries and how many days and had her initial what the officer wrote on her form. During check-in they handed her a packet with information, and they took both GC that she had (I told her to bring both her expired 2 year and 10 year card). After everyone checked-in an officer talked about culture. They took the oath, said the pledge of allegiance and saw a video from Obama welcoming them. After that they handed out the certificates and everyone was free to go. My wife called me at 10:30, so the entire process took a little over an hour.

Now we are trying to figure out how she is going to apply for her passport, since all of the Post Offices that offer Saturday Passport Service in the area require appointments and they are all booked for about a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure which part of Maryland you live in but there are some other locations (for example Columbia Library) which do not require appointments and are open in the evening too (East Columbia Branch library is open Mon-Thur 3:00 to 7:00 and Saturday 10:00 to 4:00). Most of these will not accept cash or credit card.

Wife had her Oath Ceremony on Friday in Baltimore. I wasn't able to go due to a conflict with work. The ceremony was scheduled for 9am. She said that they were about 60 people there that were taking the oath. As usual it started later then stated. When they checked her in they noticed she marked yes to travel outside the US since the interview, so they just asked what countries and how many days and had her initial what the officer wrote on her form. During check-in they handed her a packet with information, and they took both GC that she had (I told her to bring both her expired 2 year and 10 year card). After everyone checked-in an officer talked about culture. They took the oath, said the pledge of allegiance and saw a video from Obama welcoming them. After that they handed out the certificates and everyone was free to go. My wife called me at 10:30, so the entire process took a little over an hour.

Now we are trying to figure out how she is going to apply for her passport, since all of the Post Offices that offer Saturday Passport Service in the area require appointments and they are all booked for about a month.

I am not sure which part of Maryland you live in but there are some other locations (for example Columbia Library) which do not require appointments and are open in the evening too (East Columbia Branch library is open Mon-Thur 3:00 to 7:00 and Saturday 10:00 to 4:00). Most of these will not accept cash or credit card.

We are right outside of DC. Columbia is about a half-hour drive, so my wife will go there this Saturday.

Thanks for the assistance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone experiencing delays with St. Louis DO? I had my interview Jan 14th. Status changed to Oath que April 03 and no Oath Ceremony letter yet.