2012 august n-400 tracker

Congrats.
You would be fine... I took the oath today and there were multiple people with some kind of ticket, as long as you have a paper to show, you should be fine.

So finally took oath, before the oath, I had to give my green card away.... it was emotional... I waited for that green card for 7 years, spent several hundred hours in this forum reading about other people getting their green cards and having issues etc. for that green card. And today someone took it and after the ceremony they gave a paper with Naturalization certificate.

It was quite a journey, but in the end it's all worth it!

Ok, my long , almost 14 year old journey to become US citizen is over. On jan 7th i passed interview ( it took only 5 minutes). In the last 5 years since becoming LPR, due to work assignments I have traveled a lot, total 32 trips and 367 days out of US. Officer asked me about reasons for travel and asked to show him previous passports. HE asked after that standard questions regarding N-400, like are you a terrorist, are you a communist, have you traveled to North Korea, etc.. Overall experience was great, Ive had a same day oath after that and received my Certificate of Naturalization. On Jan 9th I have applied to US passport and received it same day ( at the regional passport agency), I needed to show them proof of travel . Good luck to all of you who is still waiting. It will be over for you shortly, don't get to stressed. Thank you for valuable comments and info on this forum. Good luck ! God Bless all of us and America.

Great, congratulations and all the best, maybe some new opportunities might open up for you with your changed status now.

But the recession is killing most of them, at least in my field and govt is no longer actively hiring etc. Just wondering whether citizenship was worth the time, effort and money spent ?

Ok, my long , almost 14 year old journey to become US citizen is over. On jan 7th i passed interview ( it took only 5 minutes). In the last 5 years since becoming LPR, due to work assignments I have traveled a lot, total 32 trips and 367 days out of US. Officer asked me about reasons for travel and asked to show him previous passports. HE asked after that standard questions regarding N-400, like are you a terrorist, are you a communist, have you traveled to North Korea, etc.. Overall experience was great, Ive had a same day oath after that and received my Certificate of Naturalization. On Jan 9th I have applied to US passport and received it same day ( at the regional passport agency), I needed to show them proof of travel . Good luck to all of you who is still waiting. It will be over for you shortly, don't get to stressed. Thank you for valuable comments and info on this forum. Good luck ! God Bless all of us and America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all who receieved their interview and oath letters . I'm still waiting for my oath to be scheduled , it has been a month since they put my application in the oath scheduling que and 3 months since my interview .:( I can't express how annoying this wait is
:(

Sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately all I can suggest you is to visit your local INS office where you were interviewed and ask them to let you talk to an IO. Ask them what is causing the delay. My local office was so good, they helped me in pre-poning the interview which I thought would be 1 in million shot, but it worked. Everyone goes with request to postpone but no one for pre-poning, still I tried. Try the suggested, maybe it will work for you.

Congrats to all who receieved their interview and oath letters . I'm still waiting for my oath to be scheduled , it has been a month since they put my application in the oath scheduling que and 3 months since my interview .:( I can't express how annoying this wait is
:(

Finally USC but struggle continues

After attending interview, I became a USC on 01/15 . I had the oath ceremony on the same day.
I started my journey in 1998 but I do not think that it has ended. My daughters are still waiting for GCs and our elder is reaching 18th birth day this month. Our daughter after being a fine performer in her studies, she is doing endless fight to get the scholorships. I do not thinkg that I can afford College feeses.

I am unable to see the difference between employment based immigrants and those who are not.
I wish good luck to all.

Congrats and enjoy the good that had happened till now while working and waiting for the that did not yet.

Again, like I said I dont see any better hopes in employment prospects after my status change, in fact all jobs have vanished, not being advertised or a hidden veil of discrimination plaques them.

After attending interview, I became a USC on 01/15 . I had the oath ceremony on the same day.
I started my journey in 1998 but I do not think that it has ended. My daughters are still waiting for GCs and our elder is reaching 18th birth day this month. Our daughter after being a fine performer in her studies, she is doing endless fight to get the scholorships. I do not thinkg that I can afford College feeses.

I am unable to see the difference between employment based immigrants and those who are not.
I wish good luck to all.

Maybe you will get an opportunity to personally meet the poster KALYANIJ :)

Arghhhhhh. My phone just ate up all my reply. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I was saying that it was unlikely I'd meet the poster as there's a sea of people here. My original post was a lot wittier and funnier.
Anyhoo, been here two hours and have nothing to show for it other than having surrendered my green card. Am feeling kind of naked knowing that it's no longer mine. And now we're waiting In this seemingly gigantic place for the judge to arrive.
In the grand scheme of things, not much to complain and I'm grateful I got to this stage but I'd much preferred a same day plain vanilla oath.

Arghhhhhh.
In the grand scheme of things, not much to complain and I'm grateful I got to this stage but I'd much preferred a same day plain vanilla oath.

And we're done! Four hours later, tons of speakers later and after having to wait to be called to pick up the naturalization cert. A bit anticlimactic but it's done! :) Thank you to everyone on this thread. It's been a pleasure sharing the ride with you (specially Mogambo who has diligently followed up on everyone).

I am done too. Too bad we didn't bump into each other NoMoreStamps. Parking was such a mess at the Houston oath location. Reading some of the posters on this forum, I went in at 8:30 instead of the 7 AM reporting time as suggested in the Oath letter, and it worked out perfectly. The actual ceremony started at 9:15'ish. People had been waiting since 6:30 AM. The only drawback was parking. I didn't have a single spot open at 8:30, so I had to illegally park on a parking island. I didn't get ticketed. It was all done by 11:45. I feel naked too. Sent the naturalization certificate that I got back at the ceremony to the passport office. Now I have nothing in my hand. Appreciate all the support on this forum. This is a great site. Used it when I was on H1B, used it during the green card process, using it for Citizenship, and will probably use one last time for OCI. (Doesn't seem that forum is active though).

Thanks everybody!

Great, finally done. If you are a desi then start again with OCI, if not enjoy.

And we're done! Four hours later, tons of speakers later and after having to wait to be called to pick up the naturalization cert. A bit anticlimactic but it's done! :) Thank you to everyone on this thread. It's been a pleasure sharing the ride with you (specially Mogambo who has diligently followed up on everyone).

Great to be done with USC. If you are a desi then start again with OCI, another 2 months of anxiety :) And then you will be finally done, good luck for that.

I am done too. Too bad we didn't bump into each other NoMoreStamps. Parking was such a mess at the Houston oath location. Reading some of the posters on this forum, I went in at 8:30 instead of the 7 AM reporting time as suggested in the Oath letter, and it worked out perfectly. The actual ceremony started at 9:15'ish. People had been waiting since 6:30 AM. The only drawback was parking. I didn't have a single spot open at 8:30, so I had to illegally park on a parking island. I didn't get ticketed. It was all done by 11:45. I feel naked too. Sent the naturalization certificate that I got back at the ceremony to the passport office. Now I have nothing in my hand. Appreciate all the support on this forum. This is a great site. Used it when I was on H1B, used it during the green card process, using it for Citizenship, and will probably use one last time for OCI. (Doesn't seem that forum is active though).

Thanks everybody!

Looks like everyone in this thread got their US Citizenship, now let's share our future plans.

Government Job, Overseas Job or job in home country, Business Incorporation, Post-Office Jobs, what else?
:)

Looks like everyone in this thread got their US Citizenship, now let's share our future plans.

Government Job, Overseas Job or job in home country, Business Incorporation, Post-Office Jobs, what else?
:)

I'm joining Air Force reserve and continuing working on my bachelors in finance . As soon as certificate in my hand planing on petition a green card for my mom and dad . Unfortunately , my home country ( Uzbekistan ) doesn't recognize dual citizenship , so I'll have to renounce my Uzbek citizenship .