2012 august n-400 tracker

I had sent my application from NJ, but mailed to Dallas Benefit Center
I mailed my my application in July 2012. Got my finger printing done middle of August. Still in line for interview. I have been checking USCIS web site and the processing time is 5 months on the web site. Is it pretty normal not to get an interview letter yet. Has anyone else applied from Dallas tx? Please reply. Thanks

I had sent my application from NJ, but mailed to Dallas Benefit Center

Hi Mogambo,
Congrats! my is stuck at oath ceremony, I did the interview on Nov 1 and status changed to "Oath Ceramony" on Nov 4th, still waiting for a letter. Is there a place where I can find when will be next Oath Ceremony in my area?
Thanks,

Thanks. I would either call or visit my local office where the interview was conducted to check the schedule for their oath ceremonies, as they are the ones arranging them. My office is so good that even for name change cases they told us that people undergoing naturalization in this office with request for name change dont have to go though separate judicial oaths or oath through court as the local court "trusts them with the information communicated by this office to them" (I dont know what that means but the IO conducting Oath announced this before our oath ceremony) that they can now hold oath ceremonies both for regular cases and cases with name change together and within few hours. I know several who had requested name change on their N-400 in the morning of 11/14/2012 were also allowed oath same after noon of 11/14/2012. That is marvelous. So I think it all depends on the busyness of the office conducting your interview when they would conduct your oath. Maybe they are keeping busy because of Sandy related unexpected closings.

Hi Mogambo,
Congrats! my is stuck at oath ceremony, I did the interview on Nov 1 and status changed to "Oath Ceramony" on Nov 4th, still waiting for a letter. Is there a place where I can find when will be next Oath Ceremony in my area?
Thanks,

And we have movement! Finally! I checked the uscis web site and I was scheduled for an interview yesterday. I hope to receive the letter this week so I can find out when my interview will be.

I will update again when I get the letter.

N400

August 03 2012 ---N400 mailed to Lewisville,TX
August 05 2012 --- USCIS recieved the package
August 06 2012 ---Notice of Action
August 13 2012 ---paper NOA received in the mail

Hi,
I applied in mid July this year. I have already gone for my finger printing in August but haven't received my interview letter yet.I am kind of worried since on the website the processing time is 5 months.
I just wanted to check if you have received your interview letter .

I would really appreciate a response back.

Thanks

Hi,
I applied in mid July this year. I have already gone for my finger printing in August but haven't received my interview letter yet.I am kind of worried since on the website the processing time is 5 months.
I just wanted to check if you have received your interview letter .

I would really appreciate a response back.

Thanks
You should schedule an info pass and ask about your case status. Please check my signature. You seem to be in the Dallas area as well.

Looks like I am the only one stuck with "my kind signature" details... so far this is working in my favor because I am currently in INDIA and returning back on Dec 15th and I also have a name change request... regardless, out of extreme curiosity, I wonder why it is taking so long.

Last week of October I received call from USCIS Officer in response to an email that I sent in the 3rd week of August that they received the all the details necessary to put me in the interview schedule. Not sure why it has not happened yet but trust that it all happens for good.

Your case seems to be delayed, but good that it is working in your favor, since you are in India now. I hope you will get IL by 12/15/2012. Good Luck.

Looks like I am the only one stuck with "my kind signature" details... so far this is working in my favor because I am currently in INDIA and returning back on Dec 15th and I also have a name change request... regardless, out of extreme curiosity, I wonder why it is taking so long.

Last week of October I received call from USCIS Officer in response to an email that I sent in the 3rd week of August that they received the all the details necessary to put me in the interview schedule. Not sure why it has not happened yet but trust that it all happens for good.

I'm stuck too. It almost has been two months since I passed my interview but no sign of the oath yet . I contacted the senator's office and they confirmed that my application has been granted a final approval and is in procces of being scheduled for the oath ceremony . Man, it is a long wait for the oath in my DO. :(

How long after being "scheduled for interview" does one receive the interview letter? I was scheduled for interview on Monday the 26th and I would have thought I would have received the letter by now. Is it normal that it takes this long?

Usually interviews are scheduled 1 month or more from the date on IL so I think you should not worry about receiving IL since it will anyways arrive before that. Good luck, I wish you will receive it within 1 week.
How long after being "scheduled for interview" does one receive the interview letter? I was scheduled for interview on Monday the 26th and I would have thought I would have received the letter by now. Is it normal that it takes this long?

Mogambo,
Wise words indeed! I received the interview letter (finallly!) this weekend. It's scheduled for January 3, 2013!
Now, that's only 2 days after I come back from my New Year's Eve trip so I really hope I don't get stranded and am able to come back in time (not that I expect that will happen but Murphy's law and what not).

Usually interviews are scheduled 1 month or more from the date on IL so I think you should not worry about receiving IL since it will anyways arrive before that. Good luck, I wish you will receive it within 1 week.

Hi All,
Did my interview on 11/29/2012. Everthing went very smoothly. Lady was very nice and polite. Told me that I might get scheduled for Jan 2013 oath taking.

Be careful now a days I have observed a new trend, while transiting through UK or Germany there are lot of USCIS agents questioning everything about your trip (so your questioning starts much before you land in US, not just at the US Port of Entry (POE) that used to be earlier) even if you are making a legitimate return to US. I wonder why? In fact sometimes I feel POE interrogatory questions are simpler than transit interrogation questions.

Second, there is still more patience required if you are interested in applying for OCI. I am undergoing that process now.

Mogambo,
Wise words indeed! I received the interview letter (finallly!) this weekend. It's scheduled for January 3, 2013!
Now, that's only 2 days after I come back from my New Year's Eve trip so I really hope I don't get stranded and am able to come back in time (not that I expect that will happen but Murphy's law and what not).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mogambo,
Thanks for the tip! Luckily, because I wasn't sure when my interview was going to be scheduled, we booked a domestic trip only. If I get stranded it'd be probably because of mother nature and not because of USCIS agents. so here's hoping mother nature cooperates!

But I will keep that in mind for the future.

As for the OCI thing. A quick google search rendered Overseas Citizenship for India. I'm not Indian so I'm guessing I don't qualify :p so no amount of patience would assist me in that quest. :cool:

But now my interview is less than a month away so I'm eagerly anticipating that one.

Cheers.

Be careful now a days I have observed a new trend, while transiting through UK or Germany there are lot of USCIS agents questioning everything about your trip (so your questioning starts much before you land in US, not just at the US Port of Entry (POE) that used to be earlier) even if you are making a legitimate return to US. I wonder why? In fact sometimes I feel POE interrogatory questions are simpler than transit interrogation questions.

Second, there is still more patience required if you are interested in applying for OCI. I am now undergoing that process now.

Sorry, confused your case with another person's who went for an India trip and was expecting the return in December too and was preying that his interview should not be scheduled while he was abroad.

Mogambo,
Thanks for the tip! Luckily, because I wasn't sure when my interview was going to be scheduled, we booked a domestic trip only. If I get stranded it'd be probably because of mother nature and not because of USCIS agents. so here's hoping mother nature cooperates!

But I will keep that in mind for the future.

As for the OCI thing. A quick google search rendered Overseas Citizenship for India. I'm not Indian so I'm guessing I don't qualify :p so no amount of patience would assist me in that quest. :cool:

But now my interview is less than a month away so I'm eagerly anticipating that one.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: