2012 august n-400 tracker

No Oath letter .. I looked on trackitt , it takes 1 to 3 months for naturaluzation Oath to be scheduled . Visa Jiurney member with same DO as mine had Oath 45 days after the interview , another one 4 months after interview .. So , I dont know when my Oath is going to be scheduled :(

Mogambo1, I probably won't be here for the next couple of days since finals are almost here... But I want to wish you and your spouse an easy interview on Wednesday !!!

Bring your state issued driver licence or photo id to the interview

Regarding my N-400 application, today I have received a letter from USCIS asking me to bring the state issued driver license or photo id to the interviw. On the top of the tetter, it says that THIS IS NOT INTERVEW LETTER.

Did any one receive letter like this from USCIS or do you anticipate any sequence to follow from now on? I do not have any LUD changes for my application.

sarwarmd, this is do called " yellow letter" . Some ppl receive it some don't . You'll still get your interview letter once they schedule you with date and time of the interview . This letter is really not s big deal . I guess it's just a reminder to have proper ID on the interview .

sarwarmd, this is do called " yellow letter" . Some ppl receive it some don't . You'll still get your interview letter once they schedule you with date and time of the interview . This letter is really not s big deal . I guess it's just a reminder to have proper ID on the interview .

Laluna,
Thank you. That clarifies my mystery!
It seems that it might take another one month for me to receive interview letter and another after that for the interview. I am saying this based on MavinDallas signature periods. Probably I can expect interview in January-2013 end.

I called court today to find out about naturalization dates .. The next ceremony is on December 7th.. I hope to be on the list .. But I haven't had any updates yet .. It's only been a month since my interview but I'm getting so inpatient ...

Laluna,
Thank you. That clarifies my mystery!
It seems that it might take another one month for me to receive interview letter and another after that for the interview. I am saying this based on MavinDallas signature periods. Probably I can expect interview in January-2013 end.
My wife got the same letter once she completed the FP. a month later, received the IL. that's normal 100%

Sorry guys, was busy filling passport applications for me and my spouse, after I was done with the oath late in the evening, like just few minutes to 5pm on 11/14/2012.

Primary: Me
Had appointment date/time scheduled for: 11/14/2012, Time: 9.55am.

Spouse: Secondary
Had appointment date/time scheduled for: 11/14/2012, Time: 10.45am.

Both reached USCIS office (20min drive from my residence) at 9.30am. Had planned to reach at 9.25am (30min ahead) of my 9.55am interview appointment but was delayed due to my kid forgetting his music instrument at home so made a visit to his school for dropping the instrument there.

Anyways, we went through metal detector and our stuff went through x-ray machine. Mt. Laurel, NJ is a small service center, with 20-25 few people already seen waiting, when we stepped in. We deposited our ILs at the appointment window, each one of us was handed a blue sheet, stating what to expect during interview. Waited for 10min when at 9.40am my spouse (with 10.55am appointment) was called for an interview. I was intrigued as I was scheduled at 9.55am while she was scheduled for 10.45am, but she was called ahead of me. Anyways waited for another 5-10 min, when I was called in at 9.50am (5min before actual scheduled time).

My Interview:
Officer was young male, probably in early 30s. Asked me to raise my right hand and swear for truth etc. Asked me to take a seat, proceeded like this:

Officer: "Do you know what does US Citizenship mean?"
I said: "I have to be loyal US constitution" .
Officer added "And you have to give up your loyalty towards other country".

The rest of the interview went like this while looking at my N-400 application.

Officer: "Can I have your current PP, DL and GC?"
I replied: "Yes" and I placed all 3 on his desk.

Then he just glanced at my GC and DL and started reading my N-400 file.

Officer: "Your name is XXX XXX?" [Part 1 A]
I replied: "Yes"

Officer: "Have you ever used any other name?" [Part 1 C]
I replied: "No"

Officer: "Do you want to change your name?" [Part 1 D]

Officer: "Your SSN is 123-45-6789" [Part 2 A]

Officer: "And your DOB is 12/34/5678" [Part 2 B]

Officer: "You currently live at 123 XXXXX Blvd, XXXXX Township, NJ 1234?" [Part 4 A]

Officer: "Where are you employed" [Part 6 B]
I replied: "I am an XXX XXX Professor in XXX XXX University". He clarified by reading the name of institution that I had typed on my N-400 application.
I then said: "I am also a consultant in XXX XXX, scientific publishing company".
Officer: "Since when"
I replied: "Since 2009"
I added: "I am also self-employed and have a scientific company named as xxx xxx LLC"
Officer repeated: "xxx xxx LLC?"
I replied: "Yes Sir"
Officer: "So when did you start this company?"
I replied: "2008 in Virginia" and showed him certificate of organization from VA state, even though he did not ask for it, but when I kept it on his desk, he just looked at it form a distance.
Officer: "So do you have an office?"
I replied: "Not right now, I am using home as my office, moreover it is a drop-ship company so I don't require an extensive office, at least as of now"
Officer: "Okay" and added this information to my N-400 form under employment.

Officer: "Why did you travel so many time outside US? [Part 7 C]
I explained: Family health situation in my native country etc.

Officer: "When did you make your last trip outside US?"
I replied: "August" and he started checking my passport for stamps.
Officer: "I don't see your last trip stamp here?"
Officer: "Okay so you returned on 12/34/5678"

Officer: "How many times you had been married" [Part 8 A]
I replied: "Just once, this is my first and current marriage"

Officer: "Is your spouse a PR"
[Part 8 B]

Officer: "Is she applying for PR?"
[Part 8 E:3]
I said: "Yes".
At that moment I had realized that I had wrongly answered his previous question and corrected my self with an apology.
I said: "I am sorry! I thought you were asking is she a USC"
I said: "Yes, she is a PR and had also applied for N-400 and she is also being interviewed today by another officer in this Service Center"

Officer: "You have one child listed here and he is a USC?" [Part 9 A, B]
I replied: "Yes Sir"

Officer: "Have you ever claimed to be a USC" [Part 10 A:1]

Officer: "Have you ever registered for vote?" [Part 10 A:2]

Officer: "Have you ever voted in federal election?" [Part 10 A:3]

Officer: "Have you ever failed to file taxes?"
[Part 10 A:4]

Officer: "Have ever been a member of an organization, party or society?" [Part 10 B:8a]

Officer: "Were you ever associated with communist party?" [Part 10 B:9a]

Officer: "Were you ever associated with terrorist organization?" [Part 10 B:9c]

Officer: "Have you ever committed a crime or an offence?"
[Part 10 D:15]

Officer: "You mentioned you were cited for 2 traffic violations, were there any other, than these 2 speeding tickets?" [Part 10 D:16]
I replied: "No, they are the only ones and both were below $500"

Officer: "Have you ever provided false information to seek immigration benefits?"
[Part 10 D:23]

Officer: "Have you ever lied to US Govt official to gain entry in US?"
[Part 10 D:24]

Officer: "Were you ever deported or removed from US?" [Part 10 E:26]

Officer: "Have you ever served US armed forces?" [Part 10 F:29]

Officer: "Have you ever applied for exemption from military service?" [Part 10 F:30]

Officer: "Do you support constitution of US?" [Part 10 H:34]

Officer: "Do you understand full oath of allegiance to US?" [Part 10 H:35]

Officer: "Are you willing to take oath of allegiance to the US?" [Part 10 H:36]

Officer: "Are you willing to bear arms on behalf of US if needed?" [Part 10 H:37]
I replied: "Yes, if needed"

Officer: "Now I am going to give you test"
I said: "Okay" and he handed over a paper to me with the following written on one side: "There are one hundred senators in United States".

Officer: "Can you read this?"
I replied:
"There are one hundred senators in United States"

Officer: "Now write this sentence (the one I was asked to read above) on other side of this paper" in empty space
I wrote it.

Officer: "Now I am going to ask you some history and civic questions"

Officer: "Who was first president of US" (1)
I replied: "George Washington"

Officer: "Who signs the bills to become laws?" (2)
I replied: "The President"

Officer: "How many senators are there...?" (3)
I replied: "One hundred"

Officer: "Who is the governor of NJ?" (4)
I replied: "Chis Christie"

Officer: "What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?" (5)
I replied: "Be loyal to the United States"

Officer: "What is an amendment?" (6)

I replied: "A change (to the Constitution)

Officer: "You answered all 6 correctly"

Officer gave me pre-printed N-652 form "Naturalization Interview Results" with following remarks and statements checked on it.

A# AXXX XXX XXX
On 11-14-2012, you were interviewed by USCIS Officer XXX XXX

CHECKED: You passed the tests of English and US history and government
A: CHECKED: Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified where to report for the Oath Ceremony.

Officer also gave me another sheet with Oath Ceremony to be held on same day at 3.15pm and asked me to return around 3.00pm.

I left and waited for my spouse who returned at about same moment as I did.

Her interview had lasted 30min since her officer read/ asked each and every question in her N-400 and also asked her to provide copy of DL, SSN, GC etc, which I had already scanned and printed on color printer (for both of us) and had made 2 ring folders, one for me and one for her. But I did not make a copy of her one traffic ticket so her officer had to go to photocopy room to make a photocopy of that traffic ticket and when she returned after more than 15min she told my wife that "Sorry I totally forgot that I was interviewing you and had kept you waiting. I was chatting (err.. gossiping) with another officer". So I think this is why taking photocopies of every document you are carrying with you to the interview is essential.

I had made 2 ring folders for me and my wife. The difference between the 2 rings folders was that:

I took 2inch folder overflowing with evidence (Mortgage Docs, Banks Statements for last 2 years, Verizon FioS Bills for last 6 months that were on my name, Credit card transaction history since 2010, GC Scan, I-140 Scans, SSN Scan, Marriage Certificate, DOB Certificate, DL Scan, Business Registration Scans, Business Sales Tax Scans, Medical Treatment and Diagnosis Papers for family member) so went armed with all evidence.

While she took 1 inch folder with few sheet protectors containing just the color scan/ printouts of SSN, DL, GC and her appointment/ IL, traffic tickets. She just traveled twice for 1 month each during last 5 years, while I had traveled 10 times in last 2 years. Out of all my trips only 2 were more than 5 months long.

Anyways I will write about oath ceremony later
if required or if someone is interested in. I received Nat Cert at 5pm on 11/14/2012.

Today we went to "Regional PP office" and "Post-Office" to apply for our passports. One for expedited processing and another one for regular processing. Expedited one can be picked on 11/19/2012, while we will have to wait for 4-6 weeks for the regular processing one. Lets see...

Will add more information to this post later. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Mogombo has interview on 14th Nov.
I'm sure he will post his successful interview experience late in the evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conragts

Sorry guys, was busy filling passport application after I was done late in the evening after oath etc. It was just few minutes to 5pm on 11/14/2012.

Primary: Me
Had appointment date/time scheduled for: 11/14/2012, Time: 9.55am.

Spouse: Secondary
Had appointment date/time scheduled for: 11/14/2012, Time: 10.45am.

Both reached USCIS office at 9.30am, 20min away from my residence. Had planned to reach 30min (at 9.25am) before 9.55am interview appointment but was delayed since kid forgot his music instrument at home so had to first visit his school to leave it there. Mt. Laural, NJ is s small service center, with 20-25 few people already waiting.

Anyways, went through metal detector and our stuff went through x-ray machine. We deposited our appointment letters at appointment window, each was handed over a blue sheet, mentioning what to expect during interview. Waited for about 10min, while watching Obama's Press Conf on TV, when spouse who had 10.55am appointment was called for interview. It must be not more than 9.40am. I was surprised as I was scheduled for 9.55am while she was scheduled for 10.45am. Anyways waited for another 5-10 min when I was called in at around 9.50am (5min before actual scheduled time).

My Interview:
Officer was young male probably in early 30s.Asked me to raise hand

Hi Mogambo1, first of all let me be the first one to conragtulate you on becoming USC. This also govesm me hope that with extended travel like you I shouldn't have any trouble. I am not sure if it is just me but I cannot read your thread after "Asked me to raise hand".
Can you please post the thread again?

Thanks and sorry had to post such a long post so, forums.immigrationportal.com logged me OFF and had to repost.

Thanks and sorry had to post such a long post so, forums.immigrationportal.com logged me OFF and had to repost.

Mogambo1, thanks for posting a detailed experience. This will certainly help others. It is good to know that you didn't have much trouble on extended travel. In fact I asked my attorney on extended travel and he told me that unless you have taken employment while abroad or have stays more then 6 months, there shouldn't be any issue as you have not broken the rules as long as you have ties to US and have more than 30 months in US.

Congratulations!! What great news :)
And great timing prior to Thanksgiving as well.

I'm still "in line" for the interview and it's been almost a month with no movement. :mad:

Sorry guys, was busy filling passport applications for me and my spouse, after I was done with the oath late in the evening, like just few minutes to 5pm on 11/14/2012.