• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011Dv winner who is planing to get married before traveling to USA (20xxDv winner share experience

okml

Registered Users (C)
I'm planing to get married before travel to US. what can I began to do before... and once I'll be there I save money and time.
all advise and experience are welcome

Thanks for creating this forum , I hope experience ppl will come out here and assist us. I don't know wat to doo too.

Good one guy.

thanks man for the thread, i'm sure alot of guys need dis info too, pls those with such experience should help out. Cheers

hi all
the questions are:
- Must I inform us consular before get married (I mean the change of marital statut) ?
- At the POE is there a form I'll apply and on which I'll mark my marital staut?
thank in advance

GC based on FB-2A category should be your approach. (Marry----> get to US----->file a i-130 with an i-864 and get approval---->when priority date get current face for DS 230 CP intvw. or may be sometime file i-485 AoS)

For this for info/advise you are best served in the Family Based GC forum.
http://forums.immigration.com/forum...ed-Green-Cards-Through-Marriage-or-a-Relative

FB-2A is a whole new and separate ball game, best approached with a good FB GC imm. lawyer support.

Best!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all
the questions are:
- Must I inform us consular before get married (I mean the change of marital statut) ?
- At the POE is there a form I'll apply and on which I'll mark my marital staut?
thank in advance

simple answer for both... NO.

Yes.
I just have collected my visa and envelope last week(DV2011).My marital status is "Single".I am planning to go US coming May 2011.
So now can I marry with my girlfriend? And when i reach US I need to submit I.130 and I.864?To who?
My understanding is that they will cancel my Visa if I marry with someone before I go to US.

That is the question everyone in this thread wants a response by a ex-dv winner who did it like that

just found out this but don't know how true it is. check this link
http://www.immihelp.com/immigrant-visa/employment-immigration-marriage.html

if really it is true then its good news

I don't think the 'post i-155 marriage but before PoE' info is correct.

Check this too
http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=5884093861&m=7561002202

Best thing is to ask the KCC and or the embassy about this.
Check around with some other imm. lawyer sites too.

My understanding is that once i 155 is stamped and or i-485 approved, no more processing possible.
The way I understand, simply their 'system' and rules do not allow for this.

I doubt the INA has any loop holes either for this (if it did, we would have heard many such cases or lawyer tips before)

But pl dbl chk.

Best!

PS: I am not sure whether the 'post i-155 facility' may be specific to EB-GC ?

Last edited by a moderator: