2011 October N400 Tracker

Online Status Update - 02/07/2012.

We placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled.

Thank you all well wishers, I would call it a pleasant surprise !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview today in Indianapolis. Everything went okay, the interview lasted about 30 minutes. One thing I forgot to mention was that I went on vacation in December to Mexico. Is that something I should be worried about?

Update

My wife and I had our interviews this morning at the Milwaukee office. We are approved and now we wait for the "oath" letter. This is what happened this morning:

1. Arrived at 8:30 for our 9:30 (separate) appointments. Waited until 9:35 before I was called in.
2. We timed people who were ahead of us. they spent from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. all seemed to have done well.
3. I went in first - the officer cordially asked me to follow her into her office, swore me in, and sat me down. She asked for my DL, GC, and passport (but never looked at them). She never asked for anything else.
4. She started with civic tests, got 6 correct and then moved on to reading. Read "who elects congress"
5. She then gave me a piece of paper and a pen to dictate the answer from her "the people elect congress"
6. She then proceeded to go through my N400; asked me if i lived in the US when i was between age of 18 and 26, to which i said yes but i added that i was on student visas. asked me a bunch of other yes/no questions.
7. She noted that i wanted to have a name change and printed out an info sheet and let me verify everything was correct
8. She then gave me a piece of a document that says "Congratulations... you have been recommended for approval." she also said that I'd would hear from them again on next step this month or in March.
9. Whole thing was less than 10 minutes for me. For my wife, it took her 20 minutes. Mine was reading and talking quite fast.
10. These officers were great and you can tell they were trying to make you feel as comfortable as you could be given the circumstances. The security guards... well, let just say that they let you know they thought that they were smarter than you. They said come on, empty your pockets, turn off your cell phones, this is not rocket science... you have been here before (they asked to see everyone's letter before we could get pass the front door). I also saw that one guard making smart remarks to a couple of middle aged Spanish speaking ladies (one could speak fluent English) because the ladies didn't know where the slot (to drop off the interview letter) was. i was going to get up myself and walk them to the slot but then they figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

My wife and I had our interviews at Newark today. Both interviews were scheduled for 9.20am and we reached at 8.45. We had to wait in a line outside the building - and it was cold today - because of lack of space for security check inside. We submitted our letters at the window at about 9am.

I was called in at 10.10am and my interview was very fast. The officer had obviously been through my file and the whole process including the tests was over in 7 minutes. I got my "white envelope" at 12.05 and I could have taken oath immediately. But I decided to wait for my wife to finish her interview.

After a long wait, she was eventually called at 1.10pm and her interview was even shorter - 6 minutes. However, when she did not get her "white envelope" till 3pm when I decided to go for my oath.

My wife's oath ceremony is at 5pm and in a few minutes (I am typing this at 4.55pm ET) , she will join me as a US citizen six and a half years after arriving in the US.

Thanks for all the advice I got on this forum and I wish all members good luck with their applications.

10/12/11 N400 Shipped to Lewisville, TX office (UPS 2nd day)
10/14/11 Delivered at Lewisville, TX
10/19/11 Check cashed
10/21/11 Notice Of Action Received
10/21/11 On Line Case Status says fingerprinting letter mailed 10/20/11
10/24/11 Fingerprinting Appointment Letter received for 11/15/11
11/15/11 Fingerprinting done
11/17/11 Case Status changed to Testing and Interview (in line for scheduling)
12/29/11 Case Status updated to Testing and Interview (interview scheduled)
01/03/12 Interview Letter received - interview scheduled for 02/07/12
02/07/12 Interview and Oath - US Citizen!

Oath Scheduled

Just finished my Interview at the Los Angeles Federal Building last Fri Feb 3 at 12 noon. Passed the interview and today, I got a status update that said:
On February 7, 2012, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

That was really quick considering that Los Angeles is usually slow in processing. I will update when I get the oath ceremony schedule in the mail.

Thank you all!!!

Great to see some advancement! So happy for all of you!

On my side...I'm still waiting on my oath letter, it seems like they are going to schedule me somewhere in Mississippi. It is funny though, even though I live 5 minutes from Memphis (where I had my interview), and I even work in Memphis, I have to do the oath in my home state, that obviously is slower on the process. I goggled it and there was an Oath ceremony in Memphis last Friday!! Go figure....Anyway, I don't mind waiting, but I was kind of bummed to learn that I could have been there...

srr1975, Lestat, octoberian, desimaninusa - Congratulations!!

Thanks. I got a phone call yesterday from USCIS asking me if I could attend the oath ceremony on Thursday 16 of this month. Of course I said yes. The reason was that if I take a later oath, I would have to re-take my fingerprints and wait longer due to the 14 month time period on my last fingerprint appt.

Thanks. I got a phone call yesterday from USCIS asking me if I could attend the oath ceremony on Thursday 16 of this month. Of course I said yes. The reason was that if I take a later oath, I would have to re-take my fingerprints and wait longer due to the 14 month time period on my last fingerprint appt.

Fantastic:) Congratulations!!! Just curious, what phone number was that from?

Fantastic:) Congratulations!!! Just curious, what phone number was that from?

It was a 317-000-0000. I was like, who's number is this because the first time they called I was not able to answer the phone. I took a late lunch break and the call came in.

Great to see some advancement! So happy for all of you!

On my side...I'm still waiting on my oath letter, it seems like they are going to schedule me somewhere in Mississippi. It is funny though, even though I live 5 minutes from Memphis (where I had my interview), and I even work in Memphis, I have to do the oath in my home state, that obviously is slower on the process. I goggled it and there was an Oath ceremony in Memphis last Friday!! Go figure....Anyway, I don't mind waiting, but I was kind of bummed to learn that I could have been there...

Also glad to see everyone moving along. I am also still waiting for my oath letter, even though the IO i had said she would put it in for expedited scheduling. They do oaths in St Louis on the last friday of the month, and the only last friday of the month I will be in town is February. I'll be out in March, April, and May, so the earliest i could do it after February is June. :( (still hoping for Feb).

Yes, one when they put us in the que and one when it was scheduled and couple days after got the letter.

How are you guys doing?

So, my wife's 3 year anniversary was 1/26 and the interview was 1/24.
She was approved but was told official approval will be completed on 1/26.
On 1/24 afternoon we got the status update that RFE letter was sent. Requesting an initial evidence seemed to be a temporary status that is used to place applicants who were approved before their 3 or 5 year anniversary in.
On 1/27 another update was posted that they received the Evidence (which we never sent since we never received a letter) and they are reviewing it.
Of course, the status is saying they are reviewing since 1/27 but we never received anything since then.
Problem for me is that we were assuered we will do the oath soon. So we booked our travel flights already.
I just want this to be done early so we can get a chance to get all paperwork for the passport done and submitted in time.