2011 October N400 Tracker

Green Card 2005
N400 - Dallas Lockbox.
N400 - Priority Date : Oct 28 2011
Finger Print : A day before Thanks giving. (end of November)
Interview & Oath: 1/23/2012.

Cool! The first October graduated!! Same day oath, nice! Congrats to you! That's an impressive overall processing time.

Oath

this is the message I just got...more waiting time ahead.
Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On February 1, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Fellow October filer here....It's been almost 2.5 months since I was placed in-line for interview scheduling and over a month since I got the yellow letter, and nothing since then. Waiting patiently :rolleyes:

Anybody else in the same boat?

Please look at my timeline. It will give you an idea. To me it looks like you are almost there. I waited from Nov 28th to Jan 30th.

Thanks mishrabk ........our timelines are close, I missed seeing it. I hope you are right and I hear something soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
jbak_ip I am in the same boat as you. I got message on 11/28 for being placed in line for interview. Since then I have only got Yellow Letter, and heard of nothing. I am in New York City.

Hang in there 'karajan1'....We will get through this soon enough!

jbak_ip I am in the same boat as you. I got message on 11/28 for being placed in line for interview. Since then I have only got Yellow Letter, and heard of nothing. I am in New York City.

Received Interview Letter. Happy to get the letter and hope to complete it on time. Hope there are no surprises.

Question to forum members: In the letter they asked to bring selective services registration. As I understand we are in non-immigrant visa until the age of 25 in USA. I hope that if we do not carry that letter it should not be a problem.

We had ours on 31st Jan and my husband's interview letter also asked for selective services registration. They did not ask about it in the interview. We carried the status proof (H1 petition in our case) to the interview just in case they ask for proof that we were non-immigrants before age 26.

Did you become immigrant before you turned 26? If yes, you need to get letter from selective services stating the reason for not registering.

Regards

Timeline:
10/11/11 N400 Shipped to Lewisville, TX office (UPS 2nd day)
10/13/11 Delivered at Lewisville, TX
10/18/11 checks cashed
10/21/11 Notice of Action Received
10/26/11 Finger Print letter mailed
10/28/11 FP Appointment letter received for Nov 21st
11/04/11 FP and biometrics taken(Walk-in)
11/07/11 Online Status changed to Testing and Interview
01/31/12 Interview
2/23/12 Oath Ceremony

Received Interview Letter. Happy to get the letter and hope to complete it on time. Hope there are no surprises.

Question to forum members: In the letter they asked to bring selective services registration. As I understand we are in non-immigrant visa until the age of 25 in USA. I hope that if we do not carry that letter it should not be a problem.

I had my interview today morning and I got "Congratulations, your application is recommended for approval." letter at the end :).

The lady was nice and friendly. Here is the flow of events:

She asked me to stand and swear that I will tell the truth.
Right after I sworn in, she went over application and reviewed pretty much entire application. Few questions along the way but nothing major or didn't ask for any documents/proof. Also no corrections were needed so nothing major on that part except review and check marks.

After review, she went over English test as shown below:
Reading: When is Columbus Day?
Writing: Columbus Day is in October.

and Civic test questions as shown below:
  1. What does the President’s Cabinet do?
  2. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
  3. Name one branch or part of the government
  4. We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
  5. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
  6. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

I answered all 6 right so she didn't go further.

I was in and out in about 10 minutes from interview room & in and out of USCIS building in about 60-75 minutes.

It was nice overall experience. Now countdown starts for oath ceremony :) I think, it would take about 4-6 weeks based on Atlanta time lines.

Good luck to all of you who are in line and waiting for next step.

I had my interview today morning and I got "Congratulations, your application is recommended for approval."l.

That's wonderful Osheth! Congrats to you! What a coincidence, if I recall correctly those were the same exact Reading/Writing/questions that I got!

That's wonderful Osheth! Congrats to you! What a coincidence, if I recall correctly those were the same exact Reading/Writing/questions that I got!

Thanks. At this stage, it was matter of time but still I feel relieved knowing the fact that interview is over. Wow, that is interesting.

Lets hope, our next step would be soon too :)

Thanks. At this stage, it was matter of time but still I feel relieved knowing the fact that interview is over. Wow, that is interesting.

Lets hope, our next step would be soon too :)

Yup...it's a relief just to know that is over with. I'm still waiting on my oath date, but that's OK, it will come sooner or later.

So you got the online thing saying you are in the que for oath? Is this normal. I am still waiting to hear something on OATH. Anyone with any comments on this that how long does it take ( i know its district dependent but still :D )? Thanks
Yup...it's a relief just to know that is over with. I'm still waiting on my oath date, but that's OK, it will come sooner or later.

So you got the online thing saying you are in the que for oath? Is this normal. I am still waiting to hear something on OATH. Anyone with any comments on this that how long does it take ( i know its district dependent but still :D )? Thanks

Yes, I received an email about the status change. It seems like after the actual Interview, they go to an "Internal Phase" or Final approval, where I guess they do some paper work and what not. After that, then you are actually in line for Oath Scheduling.

Received email and text stating the following, getting there!

On January 5, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling queue. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

No way of telling time frames since the variables are so many, but all in all, they try to "get done" with most straight forward cases in no more than six months (file date-oath date)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Good for you. Congrats and hope you get your Oath letter and date soon.

Thanks Buddy. based on past processing, I am going with 30 day estimate. Once I pass one stage, next would be approx 30 days out. Lets see how it goes this time :)