2011 October N400 Tracker

That is it...
Good luck to everyone...

This is very nice Pal. Congrats to your family. It used to take longer between applying date and interview so you would exceed the 90 days period but in your case, things are moving fast.
What matters is that you are done.

Now waiting for Oath letter starts. I hope my wife gets it for Feb.

Interview schedule seems not move in New York City. Just wonder if anyone is the same boat as I am.

I am in the same boat as you... wait seems endless. the initial process was a breeze and then comes the choke since you are in a region with significant backlogs...

I'm wondering why my status has not changed to "Waiting for Interview" after FP done.

At least you guy note you're in line already.

It's not that bad

I'm wondering why my status has not changed to "Waiting for Interview" after FP done.

At least you guy note you're in line already.

Please take a look at my signature and NotBonJovi's. It could take several weeks to change in many cases. Majority of the cases will change within a few days, but not all of them.

Please take a look at my signature and NotBonJovi's. It could take several weeks to change in many cases. Majority of the cases will change within a few days, but not all of them.

Yes, noted. I'm just wishing I can be one of the Majority. But somehow it looks like it's not the case. I found most NYC guys got status changed very soon. Then the real wait started.

Confusing status

So after we did the interview and we were told we are approved but must wait until 1/26 (2 days from today) to send us the approval letter, we get a text message suggesting status change..

Request for Evidence

On January 24, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

This is so weird...
We had all documents ...
I want to think this was a mistake or something...

osheth - My ex-wife is refusing to sign the child support evidence affidavit. She agreed to it initially. So I had my lawyer draft the document based on what X3-T from our thread had provided.
I don't have proof of all the payments made as sometimes I paid via cash, or paid her bills in lieu of what I owed. Also, I no longer have access to my old bank account which I had closed. I am in a spot now.

I would say go to your old bank and ask for your statements. Most likely they would ask you to pay some nominal statement fees but they should be able to pull those reports for you. Also prepare a statement with date and payments for the dates you paid cash or paid her bills.

I would think, it would give you unwanted hardships but shouldn't stop you from getting through.

osheth - My ex-wife is refusing to sign the child support evidence affidavit. She agreed to it initially. So I had my lawyer draft the document based on what X3-T from our thread had provided.
I don't have proof of all the payments made as sometimes I paid via cash, or paid her bills in lieu of what I owed. Also, I no longer have access to my old bank account which I had closed. I am in a spot now.

NotBon,
So sorry to hear that. What a selfish person she is on not allowing you to get your US Citizenship just for a personal feeling of power. Karma will take care of her later...

In the meantime, try to gather all information you can and make a personal statement explaining the cash payments and the bill payment situation. Don't let this get you down, and keep hope!

So after we did the interview and we were told we are approved but must wait until 1/26 (2 days from today) to send us the approval letter, we get a text message suggesting status change..

Request for Evidence

On January 24, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

This is so weird...
We had all documents ...
I want to think this was a mistake or something...

I remember reading somewhere in this forum that they change online status to RFE while waiting for your 5 year anniversary date. Once you reach that date, they would change the status again. In nutshell, no need to worry :)

HTH,

NotBon,
In the meantime, try to gather all information you can and make a personal statement explaining the cash payments and the bill payment situation. Don't let this get you down, and keep hope!

X3-T - Thanks my friend. I have also posted a separate thread explaining my predicament. I'll gather whatever evidence I can and go to the interview with a prayer in my lips. Que Sera Sera...

osheth - Thanks. Yes, I'll go to my old bank and try to get the previous statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news? but I don't know how you will find out? after our interview we didn't get any updates online so even if they have processed the case how could you know?

I am hoping so as it is in limbo until the date they can approve it.
I am just waiting till tomorrow...

We are hoping that we would get another status update when they approve it (since it would actually be changed from RFE to something else...
Also, we hope to get the letter today if there is one ...

Update :
without receiving any letter, they updated the status today...

Request for Evidence Response Review
On January 27, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our KANSAS CITY, MO location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

So it seems this is just a status in between the interview and the date of the anniversary (3 years).

Contratulations Nimche and others. Completing these stuff will be a big releif. Mine is tuck too. looks like Baltimore DO is too slow. Called the 800 number and they said - they will not discuss this case until I cross 5 months processing time. Not really sure whats going on with Baltimore DO

I called USCIS today and they mentioned Baltimore office scheduled the interview until July 28th, meaning people who applied for naturalisation on July 28th. So October 26th, my priority date is a long way to go. There are many applicant in this area and hence the delay.

You will get it buddy. Waiting always harder when other people applied same time are done with portion of the process but that day will come and you will be done too. We won't go anywhere without you.;)
Hope to see your case moving forward soon.
I called USCIS today and they mentioned Baltimore office scheduled the interview until July 28th, meaning people who applied for naturalisation on July 28th. So October 26th, my priority date is a long way to go. There are many applicant in this area and hence the delay.

You will get it buddy. Waiting always harder when other people applied same time are done with portion of the process but that day will come and you will be done too. We won't go anywhere without you.;)
Hope to see your case moving forward soon.

Thanks buddy. I am in no hurry but the issue I just have to be cautious about my travel plan to India. I need to go there for 4 weeks in April-May. I just hope that this interview schedule just do not interefere with that.

Green Card 2005
N400 - Dallas Lockbox.
N400 - Priority Date : Oct 28 2011
Finger Print : A day before Thanks giving. (end of November)
Interview & Oath: 1/23/2012.

Congratulations Venkat!!!

What is your district office?

Did they offer same day oath to all or just select few? if select few, what was qualifying criteria?

Please share your interview/oath experience if you are comfortable. Thanks.

N-400 Decision can not be made ....

Hello everyone,

I just had my N400 interview today on jan 30th in DO SF based on 3 year marriage gc. My 3 year GC anniversary is on feb 5th. It was a short interview, the IO just went thru all the question in the application and the took the civic test. basically passed the interview throughout, but the IO told me that decision can not be made at this time because i have not completed the 3 years as of today.

My question is that will they approved my application on feb 5th or it will be waiting in the queue again and how long will i have to wait to recieve the oath letter. or will ask for another interview? I have trip planned on feb 20th..Think i will be done by then ?

Pls help....

Thanks