2011 October N400 Tracker

I know. But I'm pretty sure and confident that everyone will "graduate" sooner than later. This proves that every case is different and every Field office/work load is different. But all in all the "six-month" rule applies for most cases.

I'm still waiting for my oath letter/date!

Good luck!

I agree. Good Luck for your oath letter (and of course for oath as well)!

I am back. So tomorrow is my wife's interview and I got everything ready but is there a general list to double check everything?

Thanks everyone.

I am back. So tomorrow is my wife's interview and I got everything ready but is there a general list to double check everything?

Thanks everyone.

Here is the link. Please note that, based on category you/your spouse fall under, you may need just a few documents. Good Luck.

N-400 approved

I just went to my interview and was approved :)

Interview took not even 15 minutes. Had a very friendly lady IO.

Come in, oath, writing test, civics test, go through application, sign and done.

She did brush the speeding ticket I disclosed, but was unable to obtain a paid receipt for (see earlier this thread), but it was just surprise that in 9 years in the US i only had one traffic ticket.

I brought all my documents, but not a single one was taken out or asked for (except GC and DL, which she made copies of).

Asked if they were busy - she said they do about 11 interviews/officer/day, 30 minute time slots, even though the IL states it may take 2 h.

Now on to the oath!

I just went to my interview and was approved

woodenshoe101 - Congratulations and Celebrations! Hope you get your Oath scheduled soon.
Btw, I used to live in St. Louis before I moved to NY/NJ area. Good to see STL has a fast timeline.

woodenshoe101 - Congratulations and Celebrations! Hope you get your Oath scheduled soon.
Btw, I used to live in St. Louis before I moved to NY/NJ area. Good to see STL has a fast timeline.

There a few advantages to living in the midwest vs an area like NJ/NY :p.

I hope everyone else's timelines will catch up soon. It is quite a relief to be done with this journey.

Interview update

Received text alert and email just now! Says, "Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days from January 18, 2012."
All Izz Well :)

Oh, that was a breeze. Appointment at 7:45 and we were there 15 min earlier of course.
Room was sort of empty ( I remember when I did mine, it was crazy down there )
She was called and they didn't let me go with her and she came back after 5 min.
Officer checked all the docs real quick and asked her the questions, she studied the videos and stuff available on USCIS.gov website and that was the questions for reading and writing.
She got the letter of congratulation and she was recommended for approval and all that stuff.

Thanks everyone here for your awesome wishes and good luck to people having interview soon.

kM6EAS

Thanks. I hope everyone finish their stuff and move forward with life. Oath should be in Feb( base on my assumption ) maybe around the last week.
This is what usually happens in San Diego, end of each month.
She can't wait to get passport.
Nimche - Congratulations!! Hope she gets the Oath letter soon. All the best.

Thanks. I hope everyone finish their stuff and move forward with life. Oath should be in Feb( base on my assumption ) maybe around the last week.
This is what usually happens in San Diego, end of each month.
She can't wait to get passport.

Congratulations buddy...so glad for both for you..

Ours is on Tuesday....

7:30 am....

Finally! Mine is still stuck.

Contratulations Nimche and others. Completing these stuff will be a big releif. Mine is tuck too. looks like Baltimore DO is too slow. Called the 800 number and they said - they will not discuss this case until I cross 5 months processing time. Not really sure whats going on with Baltimore DO

IL Received

Received IL. Interview is at 7:40am on Feb. 23rd.

Due to an unexpected setback, I no longer see a smooth journey towards my citizenship. Hence, I am subdued and my enthusiasm curbed.
Its good to see fellow filers being approved and all my best to others whose interview dates are coming up. Good luck my friends.

Received IL. Interview is at 7:40am on Feb. 23rd.

Due to an unexpected setback, I no longer see a smooth journey towards my citizenship. Hence, I am subdued and my enthusiasm curbed.
Its good to see fellow filers being approved and all my best to others whose interview dates are coming up. Good luck my friends.

I am sorry to hear that. What happened? I am pretty sure that this forum would be a great help. My best wishes for your interview!

I am sorry to hear that. What happened? I am pretty sure that this forum would be a great help. My best wishes for your interview!

osheth - My ex-wife is refusing to sign the child support evidence affidavit. She agreed to it initially. So I had my lawyer draft the document based on what X3-T from our thread had provided.
I don't have proof of all the payments made as sometimes I paid via cash, or paid her bills in lieu of what I owed. Also, I no longer have access to my old bank account which I had closed. I am in a spot now.

Anyone in New York City

Interview schedule seems not move in New York City. Just wonder if anyone is the same boat as I am.

I am DONE :)

Green Card 2005
N400 - Dallas Lockbox.
N400 - Priority Date : Oct 28 2011
Finger Print : A day before Thanks giving. (end of November)
Interview & Oath: 1/23/2012.

My wifes Details.
N400 - Dallas Lockbox.
N400 - Priority Date : Oct 28 2011
Finger Print : A day before Thanks giving. (end of November)
Interview : 1/23/2012.
Oath : She had a name change so she has to wait 90 days for the name change and then she will get the oath date. So 4 more months to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife's interview today

Interview was set at 7:30 AM.
We were up by 5:30 AM to get ready and prepare the kids.
We arrived at the USCIS office at 7:05 AM and they opened the door at 7:15 AM.
It was us and another lady. Then another woman and a gentleman arrived.
At 7:25 they called on my wife and of course did not allow any of us with her (unlike the green card interview).
After 5 minutes, they called the man, and the 2 ladies shortly. A 3rd woman arrived and went inside.
A nice lady (seemed russian) arrived and waited for 5 minuets before she was called.
10 minutes later, the russian lady was out and happy. She was approved. (last in ...first out)..
Few minutes after that, one the ladies came out. She was happy as well.
Then another lady came out and was told to wait for a letter within 60 days.
Then the man came out and left immediately. Could not figure out if he was approved or not..
So everyone was out except my wife and the lady who was there first.
At 7:55, my wife was out. She was approved pending her 3 years anniversary date ( 1/26).
He gave her a paper saying that she will be approved on 1/26/2012 since that is the date she got her GC.
She said he was nice and made her raise her hand to swear to tell the truth.
Then he checked her GC and DL.
He said he wanted to be done with the tests first.
She answered all 6 questions correctly and then was able to read one sentence and write "The capital of the United States is Washington D.C".
He then went through the application with her. Checked everything and asked her if she has any papers or documents for him.
He had he kids birth certificates from her GC application as well as my Naturalization Certificate.
He only checked the infant's birth certificate.
He looked at the document for the speeding ticket.
She said he did not look at anything else other than asking if she had a recent mortgage statement (which thank GOD, I printed for her just a day or ago).
The rest of the time he was chatting and asking about the kids and school ....and her dad's visit in the summer....
He then said he had the approval ready but cannot do anything until 1/26 to meet the 3 years anniversary.
HE gave her a letter saying a decision cannot be made now but he wrote next to it that approval will be made on 1/26/2012.
That is it...

Good luck to everyone...