2011 October N400 Tracker

Update

Congrats punjboy on your progress. My wife and I also got our FP done at the Milwaukee office. The office was easy to find with Goggle map and parking was abundant. Got in there and a gentleman who worked there told us that they had a full schedule but would work us in when they could. People were showing up on time that morning but they still came to us and took our FP appt letters, GC, and DL. Soon we were let into the office and began to fill out a form for there data entry process. the staff was very pleasant and acted like us we were the customers! yes in fact we were but you never know right?! anyway, they made an effort to explain to us why people who sat down after us would be called first (because they had appts) and we said we understood.

Then it was my wife's turn and someone else took care of me. They had 3 members working non stop. They got our fingerprints and took our pictures and then stamped our FP appt letters, gave us a booklet w CD to study for the interview. I made sure I expressed my gratitude on my way out when i filled out a survey. Very positive.

I wonder how notbonjovi is doing. Good luck to you all!

Hey Lestat,

Good to hear that it all worked out. People at the Milwaukee Office are quiet nice.

Well i have an update, i just received my YL today.

I just found out that i have to leave country for a couple month, due to a family emergency. Now i am not sure if i will have enough time to come back for an interview or should i reschedule it(when it arrives).

So after the yellow letter, how much time does it takes(at average) for your interview ?

Yellow Letter received today .....

"You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court disposition showing how each incident was resolved"...

This was a speeding citation for 275 dollars. I even listed it the application (and yes, I know for less than 500 dollars you do not need to provide anything ...oh well..)....

I guess we need to call the court house requesting a copy of the ticket and payment..

Yellow letter received for my wife today. So both of us are waiting for IL to come in. Hopefully soon with Santa Magic.

YL for Self

Hey Lestat,

Good to hear that it all worked out. People at the Milwaukee Office are quiet nice.

Well i have an update, i just received my YL today.

I just found out that i have to leave country for a couple month, due to a family emergency. Now i am not sure if i will have enough time to come back for an interview or should i reschedule it(when it arrives).

So after the yellow letter, how much time does it takes(at average) for your interview ?

Punjboy no idea how long does it take the Milwaukee office to go from FP to Interview... too bad the field offices do not take phone calls.

Please do it!

Krajan1 - Why are inviting more questions and trouble? What does it take to change the address in a DL? Simply you have to apply or show up at DMV with an address proof. I recommend that you change your address and go to the interview with most current address. It is worth the effort. You also should understand that not changing the address on a DL withing 2 months ( varies from state to state ) is a felony. So why invite more trouble.

mishrabk - you are right! I was thinking to go to change it tomorrow. Thank you!

Please don't hesitate and go do it ASAP, you don't want to show an immigration officer that you are not complying with "The Rule Of Law" ;)

Still no update on my IL. I have looked at this forum and most of the folks with similar timeline got the IL. I have to travel to India in March and I wanted to know the interview date so that I can plan. Not sure whats going on with my application. Sometimes very frustrating.

Yellow Letter received today .....

"You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court disposition showing how each incident was resolved"...

This was a speeding citation for 275 dollars. I even listed it the application (and yes, I know for less than 500 dollars you do not need to provide anything ...oh well..)....

I guess we need to call the court house requesting a copy of the ticket and payment..

I had the same thing for a $107 speeding ticket. I know this topic has been discussed to death on the boards here, but USCIS should really be more consistent. I went to the 2-horse town (town hall, municipal court, and police station all housed in a single 1500sqft house) where I got my ticket, and they said that digging up a receipt from their off-site archives will take weeks (definitely not in time for my interview). They did confirm I had nothing outstanding with them, but could not provide an official written statement to the same. I will just go in without anything, especially since "if less than $500 blahlah...". If IO makes deal about it, so be it and I will have them dig up proof.

Update

Field Office: Newark, NJ

10/12/11 N400 Shipped to Lewisville, TX office (UPS 2nd day)
10/14/11 Delivered at Lewisville, TX
10/19/11 Check cashed
10/21/11 Notice Of Action Received
10/21/11 On Line Case Status says fingerprinting letter mailed 10/20/11
10/24/11 Fingerprinting Appointment Letter received for 11/15/11
11/15/11 Fingerprinting done
11/17/11 Case Status changed to Testing and Interview (in line for scheduling)
12/29/11 Case Status updated to Testing and Interview (interview scheduled)

Time to study for the History and Civics test, I suppose!

Good luck for your interview Lestat,woodenshoe101,desimaninusa. I am still waiting. Baltimore seems to be a faster processing office but I am still waiting. Today being the last working day - I hope I can get the interview letter only next year.. Hoping sooner than later.

I had the same thing for a $107 speeding ticket. I know this topic has been discussed to death on the boards here, but USCIS should really be more consistent. I went to the 2-horse town (town hall, municipal court, and police station all housed in a single 1500sqft house) where I got my ticket, and they said that digging up a receipt from their off-site archives will take weeks (definitely not in time for my interview). They did confirm I had nothing outstanding with them, but could not provide an official written statement to the same. I will just go in without anything, especially since "if less than $500 blahlah...". If IO makes deal about it, so be it and I will have them dig up proof.

Weird. My wife had her ticket a year ago in some kinda rural area in Kansas. I did not even expect them to be very helpful.
I called Tuesday morning stating that we are applying for my wife's citizenship and that we need proof of her speeding ticket from 3/2010.
The lady said no problem and that I should get it before the week is over.
Tuesday afternoon I get an official letter (stamped, signed, and dated) from the court clerk stating the original speed ticket, date, officer name, court date and amount. It also lists the amendment and the actual amount paid.
Very impressed to be honest...

Yeah, it appears your mileage may vary depending on the town.

The lady was very friendly, for sure, but one reason I physically went there in the first place is because I could not get a hold of them by phone (which apparently was a sign). This is a podonk town that is known as the local speedtrap on I-170 (10 points for whoever guesses the name :)), instead of using the county court system, they have their municipal court do everything. The difficulty was (according to the lady) that this ticket was over 3 years ago and they don't have those records onsite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Field Office: Newark, NJ

10/12/11 N400 Shipped to Lewisville, TX office (UPS 2nd day)
10/14/11 Delivered at Lewisville, TX
10/19/11 Check cashed
10/21/11 Notice Of Action Received
10/21/11 On Line Case Status says fingerprinting letter mailed 10/20/11
10/24/11 Fingerprinting Appointment Letter received for 11/15/11
11/15/11 Fingerprinting done
11/17/11 Case Status changed to Testing and Interview (in line for scheduling)
12/29/11 Case Status updated to Testing and Interview (interview scheduled)
01/03/12 Interview Letter received - interview scheduled for 02/07/12

Update - Interview Scheduled

Glad to know things are moving along for you as well NotBonJovi. Good luck to you and others!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Application in the Oath Ceremony queue

Received email and text stating the following, getting there!

On January 5, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling queue. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

X3-T - Congratulations!!
You were the first filer in this thread and its good to see you being approved likewise. All the best.

Interview Scheduled - Need a clarification

We finally received our interview letter and it is scheduled for Jan 31st.

The interview letter for my husband says that he needs to get letter of registration in Selective Services. He came to US when he was 25 and half years old on non-immigrant visa. So, he never registered in selective services as he was NOT an IMMIGRANT before age 26. Did anyone have similar situation or have any suggestion for me. Will this cause any issues during interview?

Timeline:
10/11/11 N400 Shipped to Lewisville, TX office (UPS 2nd day)
10/13/11 Delivered at Lewisville, TX
10/18/11 checks cashed
10/21/11 Notice of Action Received
10/26/11 Finger Print letter mailed
10/28/11 FP Appointment letter received for Nov 21st
11/04/11 FP and biometrics taken(Walk-in)
11/07/11 Online Status changed to Testing and Interview
12/20/11 YL received
1/5/11 IL received
x/x/11 Interview
x/x/11 Oath Ceremony