2011 October N400 Tracker

Congratulations!!! You started this Oct thread and it looks like you would graduate first from this thread. I am glad it is going very well for you.
Thanks! It will depend on when they schedule my Oath ceremony, she said since I live in Mississippi (4 miles from the Tennessee border) they would try to schedule me in the next MS ceremony (which is in Jackson-3 hrs away from me!) but if the one in Memphis (20 minutes from me) is first, I should be called for that. In any case, I should be receiving the letter in the mail....I'll update here when I get it.

I see you got a YL and are scheduled for interview! Congrats! I never got a yellow letter.

I received the Yellow Letter today but I still have not done fingerprints. The letter says to bring ID, Passports, Tax Records, and Arrest records because I marked the I've been detained due to two traffic tickets. Can I get an Interview/Test without having fingerprints done? I am a little worried.

Should I be worried and contact USCIS

Folks my FP was done on 11/17 and application was inline for interview scheduling on 11/28. Should I be worried at this point or wait for few more weeks before contacting USCIS.

I received the Yellow Letter today but I still have not done fingerprints. The letter says to bring ID, Passports, Tax Records, and Arrest records because I marked the I've been detained due to two traffic tickets. Can I get an Interview/Test without having fingerprints done? I am a little worried.

It is unlikely that they would miss the FP. If they have so far, most likely they will ask you to go through again before apprving your application. Go ahead with your interview and follow the direction from them.That would be the best approach at this point,

Hello, folks!

I forgot to report to this section. I am basically waiting for an Interview Letter, after FP done.

A little worried since it's been a while since FP, though.

Glad to meet friends on a same boat!

I received the yellow letter yesterday.

It said to bring arrest records (never arrested, just declared a $107 speeding ticket). I don't have the original ticket (or check image used to pay it) anymore as it was years ago, but planning to try and obtain either a paid receipt or a letter stating that I don't have open tickets in the town I got it in.

"arrest records" was the only item listed on YL.

Although not surprised by it, I was disappointed that our FP letters came in later than most folks. My wife's actually came in a week BEFORE mine. Don't know if being a male had anything to do with it (considering my case number of a digit before hers). Planning to walk in before Christmas instead of after. Good luck to you all.

I did a walk in on 19th at Milwaukee. I went in at 9:30 am, and i was the only one over there. So i would say, just go there anytime during the weekday, they would do it. The guy who does it is very nice. Good person to talk too.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Timeline Update

Received email and case status update that I am now scheduled for interview, and should wait for the letter in the mail... so excited... better start reviewing the questionnaires.

Update on my N400

Folks my FP was done on 11/17 and application was inline for interview scheduling on 11/28. Should I be worried at this point or wait for few more weeks before contacting USCIS.

I got the yellow letter today. I mentioned that about one speeding ticket and they have asked me to get the court disposition and arrest rescord in the yellow letter. NO yellow letter for my wife yet.

I hope the Interview Letter will follow soon. Wanted to get this done sooner than later.

Thank you folks.

I got my Yellow letter today. But, I have a quesiton. They ask me to bring my driver's license. The thing is that the address on the driver's license has not been changed since I moved 4 years ago. I didn't do it because my driver's license expired in 2013. Does it matter? Or, should I go to change it? My address on the license is in the same city (New York City) as current one but different borough, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Yellow letter today. But, I have a quesiton. They ask me to bring my driver's license. The thing is that the address on the driver's license has not been changed since I moved 4 years ago. I didn't do it because my driver's license expired in 2013. Does it matter? Or, should I go to change it? My address on the license is in the same city (New York City) as current one but different borough, though.

Krajan1 - Why are inviting more questions and trouble? What does it take to change the address in a DL? Simply you have to apply or show up at DMV with an address proof. I recommend that you change your address and go to the interview with most current address. It is worth the effort. You also should understand that not changing the address on a DL withing 2 months ( varies from state to state ) is a felony. So why invite more trouble.

I just realized that I actually changed my address online, but the address on my driver license is still old one. Is it OK?

I am not sure why you are so reluctant to go to DMV and get it done. Its up to you boss. However you feel comfortable. If you have changed the address online they will send you a sticker with the new address. If that is not done it is better to change it.

FP Done

I did a walk in on 19th at Milwaukee. I went in at 9:30 am, and i was the only one over there. So i would say, just go there anytime during the weekday, they would do it. The guy who does it is very nice. Good person to talk too.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Congrats punjboy on your progress. My wife and I also got our FP done at the Milwaukee office. The office was easy to find with Goggle map and parking was abundant. Got in there and a gentleman who worked there told us that they had a full schedule but would work us in when they could. People were showing up on time that morning but they still came to us and took our FP appt letters, GC, and DL. Soon we were let into the office and began to fill out a form for there data entry process. the staff was very pleasant and acted like us we were the customers! yes in fact we were but you never know right?! anyway, they made an effort to explain to us why people who sat down after us would be called first (because they had appts) and we said we understood.

Then it was my wife's turn and someone else took care of me. They had 3 members working non stop. They got our fingerprints and took our pictures and then stamped our FP appt letters, gave us a booklet w CD to study for the interview. I made sure I expressed my gratitude on my way out when i filled out a survey. Very positive.

I wonder how notbonjovi is doing. Good luck to you all!

I got an email today telling me that because I did my biometrics last year I do not have to do it again. I totally forgot that I had not been more than 14 months. All I have to do is wait for the appointment letter. Hope to get it before I go on vacation.