2011 October N400 Tracker

Fingerprints Done

Fingerprints/Biometrics done as scheduled - 12/09/2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
New update:
Interview letter received.
Interview date : 01/24/2012

You MUST BRING the following with you to the interview:
  • This letter
  • Your alien registration card (green card)
  • Any evidence of Selective Service Registration
  • Your passport and/or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the United States
  • Those items noted below which are applicable to you

If Applying for NATURALIZATION AS SPOUSE of a United States Citizen:
  • Your marriage certificate
  • Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse
  • Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship

If applying for NATURALIZATION as a member of the United States Armed forces:
  • Your discharge certificate or form DD 214.

If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview.

Finally Things Are Moving Along Again...

Although not surprised by it, I was disappointed that our FP letters came in later than most folks. My wife's actually came in a week BEFORE mine. Don't know if being a male had anything to do with it (considering my case number of a digit before hers). Planning to walk in before Christmas instead of after. Good luck to you all.

Testing and Interview

Online status changed to 'In line for interview scheduling' - 12/13/2011

Glad to see that thing are moving again after a long wait in between.

After calling USCIS and making an inquiry about my case being put in line for an interview without the fingerprints being taken, I was told to wait 15 days. I did not hear back from them so I called yesterday, I was told that my inquiry was assigned but it has not been processed yet. I asked if there was a reason why I was placed in line for interview without the background check, and I was told that does not mean anything. All it meant was that I was in line for scheduling for the fingerprints and not the interview. It is frustrating not getting a straight answer from USCIS. Should I schedule an Infopass appointment?

Interview tomorrow!

Good to see that mostly everyone have updates! I have my interview tomorrow at 10.35...wish me luck!
And good luck to all October applicants!

My N400 Status

Here is our status folks for me and my wife. Looks like all 11/28 inline for interview got scheduled. I am waiting for mine to come in. Hopefully soon,

10/24/2011 - Sent it via UPS 2nd Day
10/26/2011 - Received at Lewisville Texas
10/26/2011 - USCIS Received Date
10/31/2011 - Check Cashed - ACH Transfer
10/31/2011 - Received Email and Text - Application Accepted.
11/1/2011 - Received email and text - Also online update that fingureprint appt notice mailed.
11/4/2011 - Received the I-797 NOA - Priority Date 10/26/2011 Notice Date 10/26/2011
11/4/2011 - Received FP Notice(I-797) - Notice Date 11/1/2011.
11/17/2011 - FP Complete as scheduled
11/28/2011 - In line for Interview Scheduling

Last edited by a moderator:
Passed!

Well, I'm "technically" a US citizen! The interview went really smooth, no surprises, everything as expected. It lasted maybe 15-20 minutes (if that). She went through the application, confirmed some answers, gave me the reading, writing and history/civics test, and bam! we were done. She said, congratulations! "I'm recommending your application for approval, you should get a letter in the mail with the date of the ceremony."

I wasn't asked to show anything else, no tax transcripts, nothing. She just asked if I had paid all my taxes.

I can breathe now.

Congratulation this is very nice. On your note, I think Oath is the one makes you a US Citizen(technically) and interview is still to see your eligibility. But who cares :D its definitely a pleasant feeling and more exciting when you are done with your oath and get the certificate. I am very happy for you. Enjoy the moment.

Well, I'm "technically" a US citizen! The interview went really smooth, no surprises, everything as expected. It lasted maybe 15-20 minutes (if that). She went through the application, confirmed some answers, gave me the reading, writing and history/civics test, and bam! we were done. She said, congratulations! "I'm recommending your application for approval, you should get a letter in the mail with the date of the ceremony."

I wasn't asked to show anything else, no tax transcripts, nothing. She just asked if I had paid all my taxes.

I can breathe now.

Congratulation this is very nice. On your note, I think Oath is the one makes you a US Citizen(technically) and interview is still to see your eligibility. But who cares :D its definitely a pleasant feeling and more exciting when you are done with your oath and get the certificate. I am very happy for you. Enjoy the moment.

Thanks! I'm still amazed at how fast did my process go, 74 days from the day I mailed application to the interview day to be exact.

That's why I said "Technically" and not "Officially", what makes citizenship official is indeed the Oath Ceremony.:)

Thanks! I'm still amazed at how fast did my process go, 74 days from the day I mailed application to the interview day to be exact.

Congratulations!!! You started this Oct thread and it looks like you would graduate first from this thread. I am glad it is going very well for you.