2011 May N-400 Tracker

jbf

Registered Users (C)
I figured I would start the May thread...

Last edited by a moderator:
Another update: Today I received electronic notice that my fingerprints appointment notice has been mailed. Any other May filers out there?

YL received 05/23 - I am asked to bring "ORIGINAL IRS FORM 1722" or "COPIES OF INCOME TAX FORMS" for the past three years to the interview (do not mail).

Which is the correct form to get the above?

"Form 4506" @ irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf - w/o "T"
or
"Form 4506-T" @ irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf - w/ "T"
or
"Form 4506T-EZ" @ irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506tez.pdf - w/ "T-EZ"

I already ordered "Tax Return Transcripts" @ irs.gov/irfof-tra/start.do for the past three years. Are these sufficient?

03/23/2011 - Priority Date (Applied for Naturalization on the basis of marriage to a US Citizen - 3 years eligibility)
05/05/2011 - FP Done (as per scheduled appointment at SL ASC - Houston DO)
05/09/2011 - Online status changed ("On May 9, 2011, your N400, ... was placed in line for interview scheduling...")
05/23/2011 - Yellow Letter Received (bring 1. DL, 2. GC, 3. Proof of Residence, 4. IRS Form 1722 to the interview)
06/23?/2011 - Interview Letter (almost a month from receipt of YL) - Not received yet
07/23?/2011 - Interview Date (almost a month from receipt of IL) - Do not know yet
??/??/2011 - Oath Letter (sometime between ID and OD) - Not received yet
08/18?/2011 - Oath Date (almost a month after ID) - Do not know yet

Purrrfffecttt … That’s 5 months from March to August. I believe this is how they (USCIS) maintain National and Houston Average Processing Times for N400.

I would think copies of tax transcripts are sufficient - assuming of course that you did not already send those with your N-400 (which would mean they are asking for something further). I ordered the last four years of tax transcripts, which I believe is the maximum.

Hi,
I mailed(FedEx) n400, GC, passport and check to Dallas May 16. They received on May 18th. The check is not yet encashed. What might be going on?

Thanks
Chan

Was the May 16th notification from Fedex or the USCIS? It's been less than two weeks so I wouldn't be too concerned yet. If you look at some of the other recent trackers, there are at least a couple of examples of people for whom the check cashing took a while (e.g., MGTgrl in the March forum).

Hi,
I mailed my N-400 on May 16th and they rejected the application. I sent check for 675 instead of 680. Now I am going to resubmit. Do I have to print the application again, or should I send the application that is rejected. On N-400 I see some scribbling and numbers.

Thanks
Chan