2011 January N-400 tracker

Congratulations!!!!
may i ask which DO you are with??

i am still waiting for my oath letter due to name change but happen to know that there is a judicial ceremony scheduled for this friday in Baltimore. i wonder if it is possible to get letter 2 days before oath????

my DO is Orlando FL, I think they only do oath ceremonies on friday.
Good luck and I hope you'll get it soon!!!

I had my interview today - and same day Oath - and I am now a Proud US citizen!

ARRIVED TWO MIN LATER (traffic..) waited another 15 min then was called by a nice young lady
first was asked questions about my info - I had another international trip recently and gave the dates (6-day trip)
then reading/writing test (something about White House)
then civic/history test - passed :)
very simple questions (was not asked who is the representative from my state region etc)
then just check everything like membership of what organizations?
then - am I ready to come to Oath ceremony today at 2pm?
yes I was ready and I came And it was working and I got my Natz certificate today!!!!!

Baltimore DO
you can bring a camera even though the sign at the entrance said - no camera - but it is ok if you go to Oath and just do not use the camera before you are allowed to do so.
you can invite friends/family and they can take pictures...(I did not have any friends/family with me)

I had my interview today - and same day Oath - and I am now a Proud US citizen!

ARRIVED TWO MIN LATER (traffic..) waited another 15 min then was called by a nice young lady
first was asked questions about my info - I had another international trip recently and gave the dates (6-day trip)
then reading/writing test (something about White House)
then civic/history test - passed :)
very simple questions (was not asked who is the representative from my state region etc)
then just check everything like membership of what organizations?
then - am I ready to come to Oath ceremony today at 2pm?
yes I was ready and I came And it was working and I got my Natz certificate today!!!!!

Baltimore DO
you can bring a camera even though the sign at the entrance said - no camera - but it is ok if you go to Oath and just do not use the camera before you are allowed to do so.
you can invite friends/family and they can take pictures...(I did not have any friends/family with me)

Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to update with my father's own. Local office is Detroit. Good to see things are faster than when I did mine 2yrs ago. He has been a GC holder for 8 years. Apparently at Detroit interviews now, you walk out knowing when your oath ceremony date is, and its usually under 7-8 days (max).

01/21/11 N-400 Mailed
01/28/11 Notice of Action
mid Feb FP Notice
03/05/11 FP in Grand Rapids, MI
04/18/11 Interview Letter Received
05/23/11 Interview Date in Detroit
__/__/11 Oath Date in Grand Rapids, MI

Thank you! But my husband is not planning on changing his name (at least I hope so :p )
And we'll just wait for his interview to find out about having oath :)

Thanks again!

eternal_labor, thanks and good luck to you too! :)

Detroit doesnt do same day oaths (they never have), I wish they did. In the past, they used to have folks wait for oath letter to come in mail after interview. Now, based on the latest updates on the detroit thread, they give oath letters at interview (some are reporting just a few days between interview date and oath date, like under a wk max!). While local office is Detroit, actual oath ceremony is based on your zipcode, can be Detroit or Grand Rapids. Detroit oath ceremonies are Monday and Thursday, not sure what days GR's own are. In the past GR was Tuesday and Wednesday.

Congrats on the journey. Had to go thru GC process-nat for myself, parents, siblings, and now even my hubby (GC phase, another 2 yrs before he can start nat phase)

For my wife:

District: San Jose

01/21 : Docs received
02/11: Fingerprint
04/19: Interview
04/28 : Oath

Everyone coming in to San Jose office for Citi interview was told that they were giving next week oath since there were many vacancies for the oath ceremony. We got the oath letter in 20 mins after the interview.

Detroit doesnt do same day oaths (they never have), I wish they did. In the past, they used to have folks wait for oath letter to come in mail after interview. Now, based on the latest updates on the detroit thread, they give oath letters at interview (some are reporting just a few days between interview date and oath date, like under a wk max!). While local office is Detroit, actual oath ceremony is based on your zipcode, can be Detroit or Grand Rapids. Detroit oath ceremonies are Monday and Thursday, not sure what days GR's own are. In the past GR was Tuesday and Wednesday.

Congrats on the journey. Had to go thru GC process-nat for myself, parents, siblings, and now even my hubby (GC phase, another 2 yrs before he can start nat phase)

OMG! You've been sent from heaven to me!!! :D So nice to see somebody from Detroit area!!!
First of all, congratulations to your father!!! My husband has his interview on May 19, so it's only few days before your father's! I hope they both will have luck and everything will go smooth! ;)

It is so nice to know that there is no long wait for oath ceremony. You helped me with lots of my concerns and questions ;)

I have a question for you - is it possible to contact you somehow, because I have couple questions about my process of getting a green card & stuff. I can't send private messages on this website for some reason though :confused:

Good news! I got my oath letter today :)

jan. 10, 2011 n-400 mailed to phoenix, az
jan. 11, 2011 n-400 received
jan. 14, 2011 noa mailed from lee's summit, mo
jan. 18, 2011 noa received
feb. 07, 2011 fp notice mailed
feb. 11, 2011 fp notice received
mar. 03, 2011 fp done
mar. 07, 2011 yellow sheet asking to bring driver's license to interview
mar. 07, 2011 case transferred to local office
mar. 07, 2011 statuts changed to "testing and interview"
april 11, 2011 interview done - A decision cannot yet be made.
april 21, 2011 oath letter
april 28, 2011 oath day

Hello everyone

Does anyone know how long does it usually take to process the N-400 application after you pass the interview and given a letter saying No decision can be made at this time? When I applied for citizenship as single in jan 2011 (CA State), I was single, then I got married in Feb out of country and went in for citizenship interview back in country on 04/11/11. As far as my concern is, is the delay bcoz of my status change from single to married? I hear you have to wait 120 days before getting your oath letter, is that true? I have no other problems in my background, clean record. Can anyone tell what is the process? Has anybody received such a letter as well?

Congratz, I am glad you got your oath letter so soon, I had my interview on 04/11/11 as well, got a letter saying decision cannot be made. I still havn't heard from the agency though, Hopefully they send me oath letter soon too. Good luck with everythin in future.

Good news! I got my oath letter today :)

jan. 10, 2011 n-400 mailed to phoenix, az
jan. 11, 2011 n-400 received
jan. 14, 2011 noa mailed from lee's summit, mo
jan. 18, 2011 noa received
feb. 07, 2011 fp notice mailed
feb. 11, 2011 fp notice received
mar. 03, 2011 fp done
mar. 07, 2011 yellow sheet asking to bring driver's license to interview
mar. 07, 2011 case transferred to local office
mar. 07, 2011 statuts changed to "testing and interview"
april 11, 2011 interview done - A decision cannot yet be made.
april 21, 2011 oath letter
april 28, 2011 oath day

Thank you Siza143 and good luck to you too! I hope you get your OL soon! Did the IO tell you (or did you ask) the reason why you got the "decision cannot yet be made"?

Not really, he said he needs more background information, which I am guessing they should already have beforehand. Oh well, I think its my status changed from single to married, its an arrange marriage and I explained when and where n what happened? I hope they send it soon, I am worried thought not a big reason. Thank you for wishes.

Thank you Siza143 and good luck to you too! I hope you get your OL soon! Did the IO tell you (or did you ask) the reason why you got the "decision cannot yet be made"?

Got my oath today at 10:00 am. and Apply for passpors right after.
Good luck to all and thank you for all your advises!!!!

See you soon in the "Life After Citizenship" forum!!!

Anyone from Indianapolis office:

I'm still waiting for the OL. Interview done on 4/4/2011

NOA: 1/28/11
FP: 2/15/11
ID: 4/04/2011

Here's my update guys:

Received the oath letter yesterday. Oath date is May 11, 2011 at the Indianapolis Court House. Great News!!!

I had asked the Immigration officer after my interview and she had mentioned that it will be around 2 months at Indianapolis for the oath. Looks like she was conservative. Oath date is 5 1/2 weeks after the interview. Not bad.

Will try and apply the US passport immediately as the family plans to take a summer trip by end of may. Need to go to India consulate for the visa.
-------------------------------------
N400 - Local Office INDIANAPOLIS, IN
01/26/2011 - N400 Mailed-Pheonix, AZ
01/28/2011 - Received Date
01/28/2011 - Priority Date
02/22/2011 - FP completed
03/08/2011 - Received Interview Letter
04/04/2011 - Interview Date
04/26/2011 - Received Oath Letter
05/11/2011 - Oath Date

Here's my update guys:

Received the oath letter yesterday. Oath date is May 11, 2011 at the Indianapolis Court House. Great News!!!

I had asked the Immigration officer after my interview and she had mentioned that it will be around 2 months at Indianapolis for the oath. Looks like she was conservative. Oath date is 5 1/2 weeks after the interview. Not bad.

Will try and apply the US passport immediately as the family plans to take a summer trip by end of may. Need to go to India consulate for the visa.
-------------------------------------
N400 - Local Office INDIANAPOLIS, IN
01/26/2011 - N400 Mailed-Pheonix, AZ
01/28/2011 - Received Date
01/28/2011 - Priority Date
02/22/2011 - FP completed
03/08/2011 - Received Interview Letter
04/04/2011 - Interview Date
04/26/2011 - Received Oath Letter
05/11/2011 - Oath Date

Why are you taking your oath at the court house ? did you request a name change on your application? or that's just how Indianapolis does its oath process?

Thanks

Indianapolis does it this way. Its at the court house. I didn't know otherwise. Why, where do other cities hold theirs.