2011 January N-400 tracker

Whoo-hoo, my husband's case was transferred to the local office!!!! :D I'm checking online status every day and they changed it today!!! :D I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but yesterday was a 5-year anniversary since my hubby got his green card. So I guess now we have to wait for the letter in the mail :D

marklivinglarge, did you get your IL yet?

marvadur, good luck with your case!

Congratulations ............

YES I got the Yellow and the Interview Letters ...

Wow, I'm glad everything is moving along!!!! Congratulations to those who passed their interview!
Mine is coming this tuesday and I am getting kinda' nervious... I know I shouldnt worry too much but I can't help it.
A friend of mine did his interview a week ago and everything went well, but my concern is that the officer asked him for the 2010 tax for evidence of relationship with his wife, and my wife and I filed separately this year because it was a difference of $500 on the return... (I filed "married filing separately", and my wife filed for an extention).

Wow, I'm glad everything is moving along!!!! Congratulations to those who passed their interview!
Mine is coming this tuesday and I am getting kinda' nervious... I know I shouldnt worry too much but I can't help it.
A friend of mine did his interview a week ago and everything went well, but my concern is that the officer asked him for the 2010 tax for evidence of relationship with his wife, and my wife and I filed separately this year because it was a difference of $500 on the return... (I filed "married filing separately", and my wife filed for an extention).

The law permits you to file separately if you like ... you don't have to file jointly with your wife ...Just take evidence that you actually filed... and you should be in the clear ..

Good Luck

Anyone knows how much time Indianapolis, IN is taking for the oath.

Interview done on 4/4/2011...waiting for Oath Letter.

Thanks Much. Looks like the last approval was for a August 2010 in Jan.

Does anyone know what recommended for approval means and what happens in the background to get approval. Does USCIS run any other checks, FBI ect...Some cities like Atlanta do the Oath on the same day as interview so its confusing why some cities have to wait. Is it only because of capacity.

I have an update regarding the applications for my wife and I. Our status changed to Testing and Interview on 4/7/2011. We received our interview letters on 4/11/2011 with our interviews scheduled for May 12. Our times are 20 minutes apart, which is good.
I was wondering if anyone has had a Fairfax DO interview in the afternoon and could have their oath taken the same day. Our interviews are around 1 PM.

Thanks Much. Looks like the last approval was for a August 2010 in Jan.

Does anyone know what recommended for approval means and what happens in the background to get approval. Does USCIS run any other checks, FBI ect...Some cities like Atlanta do the Oath on the same day as interview so its confusing why some cities have to wait. Is it only because of capacity.

Recommended for approval, means that the first officer has completed the interview and everything is well in place, you passed and all is fine, but he/she needs to run the whole file by the supervisor for final signature. someone has to sign for it. and that is the USCIS supervisor. Once that happens you are scheduled for the oath ceremony ...

Not everyone get the oath letter the same day... depends on the availability of staff, supervisor presence to sign on the approvals ...time ... etc

Good luck to you, immistuff! No need to get nervous. :)

Afterward, please don't forget to post your experience.

Just getting impatient. Does any one know how much time Indianapolis takes from interview to Oath. The only data out there is for last year. Need to book tickets for summer trip and not able to.

NOA - 1/31/11
FP - 2/23/11
Interview on 4/4/11
Local office Indianapolis, IN

Just a quick update on my husband's case - today we received his IL and interview is scheduled for May 19!!! Yay!!! I'm so happy :) Hope he'll have his citizenship the same day, but nothing was indicated in the letter about that.

Good luck to everyone!

Just a quick update on my husband's case - today we received his IL and interview is scheduled for May 19!!! Yay!!! I'm so happy :) Hope he'll have his citizenship the same day, but nothing was indicated in the letter about that.

Good luck to everyone!

I think it depends on the D.O. Some D.O.s setup Oath on the same day, depending on the time of the interview. I think it also depends on whether you are applying for name change.

Good luck !

Good luck to everyone!

Please note that Not all offices have the same day oath ceremony. If you are changing your name, then you might have to have a little wait time as the judge has to grant u the name change and sign off on it. Judges are only present I believe once per month. And again it depends on the office. Not officers ....

But if your interview happens to be on the same day the judge is available, then you should have your oath the same day, regardless of whether you change your name or not.

Hope that helps ..

Good Luck

Please note that Not all offices have the same day oath ceremony. If you are changing your name, then you might have to have a little wait time as the judge has to grant u the name change and sign off on it. Judges are only present I believe once per month. And again it depends on the office. Not officers ....

But if your interview happens to be on the same day the judge is available, then you should have your oath the same day, regardless of whether you change your name or not.

Hope that helps ..

Good Luck

Thank you! But my husband is not planning on changing his name (at least I hope so :p )
And we'll just wait for his interview to find out about having oath :)

Thanks again!

eternal_labor, thanks and good luck to you too! :)

Well Ladies And Gentleman,
I did my Interview today with no issues, everything went smooth and almost a pleasant experience (you can't do anything about the nervs of the moment...hihihi)
I was schedule for 11:30, got there around 11:00, got called at 11:30, was done 11:50 and got the oath letter for this friday at around 12:30. Here is my experience...
The officer called my name, we walked to his office, he made me swear and the interview started. He started by asking me for my GC, passport, proof of my wife's citizenship, and last 3 years of tax. I gave him all that and he looked at the tax and asked me if we filed joint, I told him yes exept for this year and he asked me for my wife's tax but i didn't have them (he didn't care much, just say "you should have brought them..."). He returned the taxes to me and wrote in the aplication that he saw the taxes and they are ok. Then he saw my wifes birth cert. and returned it to me. he made a copy of my GC and drivers license and didnt even look at my passport.
after the document check we started to chitchat about my job and about my country of origin, he told me about his son who is in my same proffesion and his brother who lives in my country etc... I think we talk about "life" for 15 minutes and did the formal interview for 5 minutes...
then he review with me the aplication on a "yes or no" style, he didn't ask whats my name or where do i live, he just pointed at my name and asked "is this your name, is this your address" etc... when we got to the trips he again asked me if those were the trips i made and i told him yes and that i have another trip, he asked me how many day, i said 7 and he said, its ok... and didn't even wrote it down. when we got to the yes or no questions in the aplication he asked me one of the questions (have you ever been convicted...) and checked 5 of them and so on... at the end he made me sign my pictures, then made me read "who can vote" and made me write "citizen can vote" and then he asked me 6 questions
1)how many ammendments
2)who where brougt here and sold..
3)name of VP
4)why colonist fought england
5)cant remember
6)cant remember

ater that, that was it! I didnt get the letter "congrat. you pass english and civic test". just waited outside and got the oath letter.
I will be happy to answer any questions anyone might have for me about my experience, GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!!