2011 January N-400 tracker

What field office do you belong to...

I am in Washington State , Seattle Field Office

Here is my timeline:
N-400 Submitted 02/07/2011 (Phoenix Lock-box)
Check cashed 02/10/2011
NOA received 02/12/2011
Priority date 02/09/2011
Biometrics Notice Received 03/11/2011
Biometrics done (Walk-in) Same day 03/11/2011

I called The FBI office and they said that the fingerprint status for USCIS was sent back the same day ... so the FBI background results are back to the Immigration office. some background check get stuck at the FBI office for a long time ..

Here is the number if you guys wanna call the FBI office: 304-625-5590

So I am still waiting for my interview letter ...

What do you tell the FBI when you call?

brb2,
Thanks for the update, I hope we will get to the end of this road sooner. Maybe we should start our St. Paul thread.

Kahuni98 - My signature shows the update. My wife did a walk in for FP and now she is waiting for IL. My in-laws are applying this month end. So there should be sufficient data. Once my wife gets interview letter I will post on the St. Paul thread. Phoenix processing is much slower than Dallas. So be prepared for an extra month. The other problem in St. Paul is that only Judges can give oath and during some months there are no ceremonies and the waiting time from Interview to oath can stretch to 2 months or more. The greedy Judges do not allow USCIS officers to do the oath because they do not get paid the extra money for officiating for citizenship ceremonies.

Applying from Chicago
01/18/2011 N400 sent to TX.
01/21/2011 N400 RD, PD.
01/23/2011 USCIS emailed notice.
01/27/2011 NOA.
02/05/2011 Received mail notice for FP
02/15/2011 FP done as scheduled.
03/14/2011 Received YL.
03/24/2011: IL for 5/12/2011

What do you tell the FBI when you call?

When a representative answers the call, tell her/him you want to check the status of your fingerprints with USCIS, Have your Alien Number ready, they will need it ... That's it. They will tell exactly when report was sent back to USCIS, if any.

Good Luck

My FP was done on Feb 10. Still nothing from the USCIS. Called the FBI on March 10. They said they sent the FP result in my home address on March 4. I couldn't get it. Why would they send it in my home address? Called the USCIS. All they said, their online status shows (just as mine) just about the FP notice. Nothing else on their file. However, it's March 26. nothing in my home address. 1 and half months since my FP, nothing from the USCIS either. I can't understand what to do. Can anybody help me plz?

My FP was done on Feb 10. Still nothing from the USCIS. Called the FBI on March 10. They said they sent the FP result in my home address on March 4. I couldn't get it. Why would they send it in my home address? Called the USCIS. All they said, their online status shows (just as mine) just about the FP notice. Nothing else on their file. However, it's March 26. nothing in my home address. 1 and half months since my FP, nothing from the USCIS either. I can't understand what to do. Can anybody help me plz?

Call the USCIS national number, when the USCIS repreentative answers the phone call and asks u a bunch of questions ...

Take a look at your NOA that you received from USCIS.... notice the receipt number on the left top corner and another one on the bottom left corner with a $ sign instead of a * . replace the $ with the * .
tell the representative that you have 2 different receipt numbers on ur receipt notice and they both give u different results, you don't know which one is the right one. they will check it out then escalate your call to the higher UCIS officer that has access to more info on your case ..

so, there is ur chance of explaining ur story ..
Or, get an info-pass and go meet with an officer at your local USCIS field office.

Good Luck Bud

Call the USCIS national number, when the USCIS repreentative answers the phone call and asks u a bunch of questions ...

Take a look at your NOA that you received from USCIS.... notice the receipt number on the left top corner and another one on the bottom left corner with a $ sign instead of a * . replace the $ with the * .
tell the representative that you have 2 different receipt numbers on ur receipt notice and they both give u different results, you don't know which one is the right one. they will check it out then escalate your call to the higher UCIS officer that has access to more info on your case ..

so, there is ur chance of explaining ur story ..
Or, get an info-pass and go meet with an officer at your local USCIS field office.

Good Luck Bud

Thank you Marklivinglarge. I'll try that on monday. If still can't work it out, i'm gonna make an infopass. Thank you again.

Thank you Marklivinglarge. I'll try that on monday. If still can't work it out, i'm gonna make an infopass. Thank you again.

It should work ... it did for me.

if the first USCIS representative didn't help much ... hang up and try again to get someone else ....
Good luck

Hey!

I’ve been reading all your posts and finally decided to join. My husband is the one who is going to get a citizenship, but I’m kind of curious and looking for the information on this whole process of getting citizenship.

marklivinglarge, I have a question for you! The information you gave about 2 different receipt numbers was very surprising for me. I checked my husband’s NOA and indeed – there are 2 different numbers! So I checked them both and guess what? Of course they are showing totally different information. The “main” number (the one on top of the letter) shows that the case is still on the Initial Review, even though my husband had his fingerprints taken on March 11 and already received a YL. The 2nd number (the one on the bottom of the letter) shows that current case status is Testing and Interview. So which one is showing the truth? Do you know why they give 2 different receipt numbers and why the information is not the same? I’m just curious! And I’m wondering when my husband we’ll get IL. We are a little bit anxious, but we’ll wait for 2 more weeks and then will call and ask.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

I was curious.. found the two different numbers, but unfortunately, both numbers tell me when the fingerprinting letter was mailed out and that my status is still in "initial review"..

12/28/2010 - Mailed N 400 to Arizona
1/3/2011 - Application Arrived
1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/8/2011 - NOA (797-c) recieved
1/18/2011 - signed up on website for SMS and EMail Update
1/19/2011 - SMS that FP appt was mailed
1/22/2011 - FP Appt Letter Recieved
1/27/2011 - FP Walk in - Successful
2/2/2011 - FP Appt.. (Originally scheduled)
3/28/2011 - Waiting and Waiting and Waiting..
Hey!

I’ve been reading all your posts and finally decided to join. My husband is the one who is going to get a citizenship, but I’m kind of curious and looking for the information on this whole process of getting citizenship.

marklivinglarge, I have a question for you! The information you gave about 2 different receipt numbers was very surprising for me. I checked my husband’s NOA and indeed – there are 2 different numbers! So I checked them both and guess what? Of course they are showing totally different information. The “main” number (the one on top of the letter) shows that the case is still on the Initial Review, even though my husband had his fingerprints taken on March 11 and already received a YL. The 2nd number (the one on the bottom of the letter) shows that current case status is Testing and Interview. So which one is showing the truth? Do you know why they give 2 different receipt numbers and why the information is not the same? I’m just curious! And I’m wondering when my husband we’ll get IL. We are a little bit anxious, but we’ll wait for 2 more weeks and then will call and ask.

Hey!

The receipt number that you see on the top left corner of your NOA is the one you should go by. USCIS uses the one of the bottom left corner for payments only .. that's the receipt number stamped on your check on money order sent to USCIS ....

Notice how there is a ($) sign instead of an (*) ...??

I was curious.. found the two different numbers, but unfortunately, both numbers tell me when the fingerprinting letter was mailed out and that my status is still in "initial review"..

12/28/2010 - Mailed N 400 to Arizona
1/3/2011 - Application Arrived
1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/8/2011 - NOA (797-c) recieved
1/18/2011 - signed up on website for SMS and EMail Update
1/19/2011 - SMS that FP appt was mailed
1/22/2011 - FP Appt Letter Recieved
1/27/2011 - FP Walk in - Successful
2/2/2011 - FP Appt.. (Originally scheduled)
3/28/2011 - Waiting and Waiting and Waiting..

Even if both numbers say the same thing, you can still use that excuse to have you phone call to the USCIS national number escalated to a higher officer that has access to more information about your case .. the/she will be able to tell exactly where it is ....

marklivinglarge, thanks! Yes, I noticed $ sign instead of * sign on the bottom number, because you mentioned it in your original post. Well, it looks like there is nothing to be excited about since the true information is displayed under upper receipt number :( We'll have to wait. Hope it doesn't take too long. I'm starting nursing school this coming fall and it would be nice to get my GC by that time so I can get at least some financial aid. But of course, in order to get my GC, my hubby needs to get his citizenship.

I have one more question and maybe somebody will be able to answer it. I know that in order to get citizenship you have to wait 5 years after getting a GC (if it was obtained through employment). So for my husband 5 year "anniversary" is going to be on April 13. We sent N-400 90 days before April 13 since it was allowed to do it this way. My question is - does it mean that my husband's case will not move forward because there is still time before April 13? And when is the best time to call and ask USCIS what's going on in case we don't get IL in near future?

Thank you!

Hello Everyone!
Here is my timeline (Live in Atlanta)

01/20/2011 N-400 sent
01/21/2011 N-400 received
01 /26/2011 ck cashed
01/31/2011 - NOA received
01/27/2011 FP letter mailed
2/16/2011 FP done

As of today I have not received the YL. I notice that most people received the letter within a month after the fingerprints are done. Should be worried or am I overreacting?

Thanks for your help!

marklivinglarge, thanks! Yes, I noticed $ sign instead of * sign on the bottom number, because you mentioned it in your original post. Well, it looks like there is nothing to be excited about since the true information is displayed under upper receipt number :( We'll have to wait. Hope it doesn't take too long. I'm starting nursing school this coming fall and it would be nice to get my GC by that time so I can get at least some financial aid. But of course, in order to get my GC, my hubby needs to get his citizenship.

I have one more question and maybe somebody will be able to answer it. I know that in order to get citizenship you have to wait 5 years after getting a GC (if it was obtained through employment). So for my husband 5 year "anniversary" is going to be on April 13. We sent N-400 90 days before April 13 since it was allowed to do it this way. My question is - does it mean that my husband's case will not move forward because there is still time before April 13? And when is the best time to call and ask USCIS what's going on in case we don't get IL in near future?

Thank you!

Typically, after you receive your NOA, you need to just monitor your case online until it's outside USCIS processing time, but because the agency now is trying to not get into the backlog problem of 2009, they want you to check by calling the national number every 30 days, to make sure there is no problem holding your application up.

filling 90 days prior to April 13th, does NOT put your case on hold at all, the whole process take a minimum of 3 months anyway.....

Immigration law permits candidates to file 90 days before to their 5 year anniversary or 3 year if the application submitted was based on marriage to a US citizen ...and USCIS officers have to follow and obey the law just like everyone else ... Otherwise, there is a Federal court for any violation ...

Good Luck

Hello Everyone!

01/20/2011 N-400 sent
01 /26/2011 ck cashed
2/16/2011 FP done

As of today I have not received the YL. I notice that most people received the letter within a month after the fingerprints are done. Should be worried or am I overreacting?

Thanks for your help!

Please keep in mind that Atlanta Immigration office serves a lot of people, therefore, it might take a little more time than what you see posted online, and it also depends on many people filed the same month your application was submitted that are ahead of you.... if you compare your case with people's in NY or Chicago, you will notice that it takes around 2 months or more for them to receive any kind of correspondence from USCIS... so hang in there, you will get something in the mail soon.

Hello Everyone!

01/20/2011 N-400 sent
01 /26/2011 ck cashed
2/16/2011 FP done

Thanks for your help!

Dana1979, I've read that some people do not get their YL at all. I'm not sure 100% though.

Typically, after you receive your NOA, you need to just monitor your case online until it's outside USCIS processing time, but because the agency now is trying to not get into the backlog problem of 2009, they want you to check by calling the national number every 30 days, to make sure there is no problem holding your application up.

filling 90 days prior to April 13th, does NOT put your case on hold at all, the whole process take a minimum of 3 months anyway.....

Immigration law permits candidates to file 90 days before to their 5 year anniversary or 3 year if the application submitted was based on marriage to a US citizen ...and USCIS officers have to follow and obey the law just like everyone else ... Otherwise, there is a Federal court for any violation ...

Good Luck

marklivinglarge, thank you for your answer! It's good to know that we can check on our case every 30 days! I guess we'll wait until April 11 (it's going to be 1 month after FP) and then we'll call to check. But hopefully there will be no need to call and my husband we'll get his IL.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

Recived date- Jan 4, 2011.
Priroty date- Jan 6, 2011.
Finger print notice received- Jan 18, 2011.
Appontment date- Jan 31, 2011.
Finger Print done(walk in)- Jan 20, 2011.
Yello Letter- Feb 28, 2011
IL..........?

No IL yet, But I called the national number yesterday. and in order for them to escalate my call, I had to present a problem or a question that representatives can't fix or answer, so I told the representative that there is 2 different receipt numbers on my notice that when I check online they both say different things .. then he transferred my call to another higher USCIS officer ... when the USCIS officer answered the phone from Los Angeles, I told her about my case, she looked it up and told me that I am in THE QUEUE TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW and I should be hearing from them anytime soon ...

so that a somewhat good new ..

Good luck to all

marklivinglarge, it seems like you are in the same boat as my wife's case in Seattle DO. We both applied in Nov, but my wife's first FP was deemed "unclassifiable" and hence stuck since then. She did her second FP in Seattle on 3/11 (took 20 minutes to get readable FP this time and confirmed from FBI this time FP is Ok). She was also told that her case is in a queue to be scheduled for interview. Back in Dec/Jan for my case it only took 3-5 days after FP to be transfered to seattle DO, don't know if there is any recent slowdown in Seattle DO or not.

marklivinglarge, it seems like you are in the same boat as my wife's case in Seattle DO. We both applied in Nov, but my wife's first FP was deemed "unclassifiable" and hence stuck since then. She did her second FP in Seattle on 3/11 (took 20 minutes to get readable FP this time and confirmed from FBI this time FP is OK). She was also told that her case is in a queue to be scheduled for interview. Back in Dec/Jan for my case it only took 3-5 days after FP to be transferred to Seattle DO, don't know if there is any recent slowdown in Seattle DO or not.

There have been a lot of March filers in Seattle ...that might take some time . but mostly a month of so to get some kind of response from ...But you guys should check on ur cases 30 after they last contact of activity ...
But April 11th you guys should hear something back ... if not give it another 1 or 2 more weeks tops ...HOPEFULLY ... :eek:)