2011 January N-400 tracker

Where to request an inquiry ?

So its coming up on 1 month after FP, and no change in status, no forwarding to the Local Office.. (Los Angeles). Is it better to call or to request an email inquiry on status ?

12/28/2010 - Mailed N 400 to Arizona
1/3/2011 - Application Arrived
1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/8/2011 - NOA (797-c) recieved
1/18/2011 - signed up on website for SMS and EMail Update
1/19/2011 - SMS that FP appt was mailed
1/22/2011 - FP Appt Letter Recieved
1/27/2011 - FP Walk in - Successful
2/2/2011 - FP Appt.. (Originally scheduled)
2/26/2011 - Waiting and Waiting and Waiting..

Seems like it should have been transfered to the office already.. Where is the best place to originate an inquiry ? Calling, by Email or Infopass ??

I don't think your case is outside the current processing times so it might not get the desired response. That said, the Phoenix, AZ USCIS processing is much slower than the Texas USCIS office. During February the slow down has increased and now FP notice is taking over a month after NOA.

It's been more than one month since I got NOA, but have not got any FP letters yet. Online Status gives me "Case not found" message when entering NOA receipt number.

Anyone on the same boat?

Got my Yellow latter today, dated 2/25/11. I have to bring I.D
my case online is still in initial review (for FP)

If its been more than a month I think you should initiate a request.. I'm not sure if its better to call, make an infopass or use the Email link from Online.. When it says case not found, you need to enter the NBC number with the astrek, I was having the problem of not found til i typed it in exactly as it appears.. Hope this helps and Good Luck..

1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
2/28/2011 - YL - Asking to bring Drivers Lisc to the Interview.. No Interview date and no Transfer to Local Office...

It's been more than one month since I got NOA, but have not got any FP letters yet. Online Status gives me "Case not found" message when entering NOA receipt number.

Anyone on the same boat?

I got the same letter.. Annoying, they should put DL/ID on the list of documents to send to begin with..

Thank you for your advice.

I called them: they weren't able to find case by NBC number either, but denied my request to look-up my case by A-number, since case is within 5 months from NOA.

Well, I guess I have no choice but wait for FP letter.

If its been more than a month I think you should initiate a request.. I'm not sure if its better to call, make an infopass or use the Email link from Online.. When it says case not found, you need to enter the NBC number with the astrek, I was having the problem of not found til i typed it in exactly as it appears.. Hope this helps and Good Luck..

I got the YL letter on 02/28/11. The usual - bring your DL to the interview. I wonder how long it takes to get the interview letter. 1-2 months based on some of the signatures I have seen in the past. I hope it is sooner.

So its coming up on 1 month after FP, and no change in status, no forwarding to the Local Office.. (Los Angeles). Is it better to call or to request an email inquiry on status ?

1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
2/26/2011 - Waiting and Waiting and Waiting..

Seems like it should have been transfered to the office already.. Where is the best place to originate an inquiry ? Calling, by Email or Infopass ??

It took me about a month to transfer my case to local office.

Just received my interview letter. Interview is scheduled for April 1st in Philly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi us_immi,
Is Dover, DE you field office? That is my field office and was wondering if it is in Philly that you do interviews and oaths.

Arizona processing has totally slowed down. I am in the same boat. Their FP notice delays have gone beyond 1 month now. Once upon a time, Texas was the slowest office. Now it is AZ.

Anyone on the same boat?

Hi us_immi,
Is Dover, DE you field office? That is my field office and was wondering if it is in Philly that you do interviews and oaths.

Yes, Dover is my field office. I did my FP there. Interview is scheduled at Philly. As far as the oath ceremony is concerned, I have heard my other colleagues having completed it in Philly, Wilmington and even at University of Delaware, Newark.

So I don't know where the oath ceremony will be.

Update again- This is way faster than we expected!!

Our Info:

Field Office Atlanta, GA

01/14/2011 - N 400 mailed Dallas, TX
01/19/2011 - Received/Priority Date
01/24/2011 - Acceptance Text/Email
01/26/2011 - FP notice date
01/29/2011 - FP letter received
02/14/2011 - FP done
02/15/2011 - Spouse FP done
02/25/2011 - got email/text that cases transferred to Local office- Atlanta
03/04/2011 - Interview Letter received (dated 02/28/2011) received today,
03/30/2011 - Interview date

hi sfboyguy78,

It is coincident that you and me have almost same timeline and have same field office in San Francisco. I wonder what time, your interview? Mine is 9:45AM We might see there....!!! Mine and yours GC also approved same day. !!! Let me know....!! by personal message.

FP done but maybe rejected?

FP done on March 4... but worried!
I did look sometimes on my fingers and sometimes on the computer - and most of the times it said REJECTED !
The lady officer tried one more time - still there was REJECTED note on the screen - and she told me that I am done...:confused:
I do not remember seeing this 'rejected' note on the screen before (when I did my green card FPs...)
Will my FPs be rejected and should I then come again?
Please share your experience...

Don't worry about the "Rejected". I got it a couple of times. I guess the machine did not feel that your FP was taken properly.

They scan each finger a couple of times. Maybe the machine tries to match up the 1st and 2nd FP scan of the same finger and rejects if they are different.

For peace of mind, you can try doing what JohnnyCash suggests in the sticky titled "Documents-needed-for-Naturalization". I don't know if this has changed since 2005.

[2] FBI Fingerprint (FD258) Identification against NCIC database - This has a validity of 18 months. Any applicant can call FBI NCIC (Clarksburg, WV) to find out if his/her fingerprint result has been sent back to USCIS. Work through various voice prompts to talk to a live representative. The results of this check are normally returned within 24 hours for person with no criminal records or outstanding warrants. No hit is termed "NO IDENT" in FBI jargon. An FOIA request (with FD258/fingerprints) would reveal if a record exists or not.

Thank you us_immi! I will try not to worry and just wait at least one week and see, hoping that if I will receive a note about transfer to a local office - everything is ok...still... I am sure this time couple of fingers showed a green note (passed or similar) when scanned 1st time, and others showed red 'rejected' note in both cases, when scanned 1st and 2nd time (and she did not scan same finger more than twice). I think when they scanned my fingers for green card - they kept scanning up to 4-5 times same finger until 'passed' note...