2011 February N-400 tracker

Should have been back to update when I received my interview letter but better late than never. Interviewed 7/19/11 at 1:20. Very quick process. Unfortunately I missed the cut off for same day Oath ceremony by 10 minutes. Argh. I did not have to wait for a letter in the mail. They told me to come back 7/22/11 at 1pm. Slow process, but I am a US citizen now. Stopped by Social Security Administration office. Now onward to apply for a passport. Good luck to all that is still waiting!

Updated timeline below.

Citizenship process completed

Hi all,

Finally, I and my wife became US Citizens on July 19 at the Fairfax D.O.

The interview (on July 13) was very straight forward and simple. Just reading the 100 question booklet (given at the time of fingerprinting) a few times was good enough.

Registered to vote and applied for the passport. Need to go to Social Security Administration to get the records updated.

I wanted to thank everyone for their support and encouragement all through this process.

I wish everyone the very best.

Thanks again!

[00] 02/22/2011 : Sent N-400. FedEx, Lewisville, TX.
[02] 02/24/2011 : N-400 delivered.
[06] 02/28/2011 : Checks cashed.
[10] 03/04/2011 : Received I-797C (NOA).
[14] 03/08/2011 : Email from USCIS, FP notice mailed.
[20] 03/14/2011: Received FP notice
[21] 03/15/2011: Completed FP (Early walk-in)
[51] 04/15/2011: Received Yellow Letter
[104] 06/07/2011: Received email regarding change of status to Testing and Interview
[108] 06/11/2011: Received Interview Letter
[140] 07/13/2011: Interview Date
[146] 07/19/2011: Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Status update: Received email on 7/21/11 that was placed in line for interview scheduling... (did fingerprint on 7/19)

Seems like I am one of the few Feb applicants that hasn't gotten my citizenship yet!

Anyways, IL received... interview is on 9/1

Seem that way. But, wait just a bit more. It will be over soon. Good luck with the rest of the journey. :)

@MVPVAPI: Congratulations! I will join you for the OCI journey as well. It is something I have procrastinated with, for a long time. But, it will be nice to have a fellow-traveler whom I happen to know. My CGI is Houston (arguably the worst of them all) . Which one is yours?

@aussie_okie: For us recent Americans of Indian origin, the journey does not seem to ever end. OCI is the Overseas Citizenship of India. Although it sounds like dual citizenship, it is not. It is at best described as a lifelong visa. And the process, until very recently, was so bad, that just reading the accounts of the process used to make my blood pressure go up. I will spare you the gory details.

@MVPVAPI: Congratulations! I will join you for the OCI journey as well. It is something I have procrastinated with, for a long time. But, it will be nice to have a fellow-traveler whom I happen to know. My CGI is Houston (arguably the worst of them all) . Which one is yours?

My CGI is Houston also. When are you applying?

@MVPVAPI: Well, I should apply right away. I will likely take the assemble the documents, prepare the application packet, etc., through the weekend, and mail it out Monday. But, frankly, I am not sure about any of this till I begin.

When do you plan to apply?

My online case status said on 8-10, I have been scheduled for the oath and a notice has been mailed out but I still haven't received it yet. It's 8-20 already. Anyone has got this experience? My local office is OKC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from a big day. Spent the night in OKC. Had to check-in at 9:30am. The actual ceremony was at 12:00pm. It lasted about 30 minutes and was great. Finally a US citizen, 11 years in the making.
Also, the local public access tv station was there filming and asked me if I was would mind being wired and interviewed later. So it will appear next Friday on oeta at 7:00pm.
There were 97 new citizens from 38 countries, I was the only Aussie :)
Adjusted my SS while I was there as well.
Good luck to all who are still waiting, it is well worth the wait.

Just got back from a big day. Spent the night in OKC. Had to check-in at 9:30am. The actual ceremony was at 12:00pm. It lasted about 30 minutes and was great. Finally a US citizen, 11 years in the making.
Also, the local public access tv station was there filming and asked me if I was would mind being wired and interviewed later. So it will appear next Friday on oeta at 7:00pm.
There were 97 new citizens from 38 countries, I was the only Aussie :)
Adjusted my SS while I was there as well.
Good luck to all who are still waiting, it is well worth the wait.

Yay! Congratulations, fellow Yank (and instant TV star)!

One hundred and eighty five days was a long wait, but it must feel great now. :)

Oath on Sept 13th

I must be one of the few Feb filers who is still waiting. Still more than 2 weeks to go. DC is soooo slow...