2011 February N-400 tracker

Looking at the USCIS site, the new digital certificates that they are now rolling out have digital photos and signatures.
Looks like that is why I didn't need to sign my photos.
When asked the USCIS said:
Question: If ASCs will capture digital photos of N-400 applicants, why must applicants still provide hard-copy photos?
Answer: The hard-copy photos will be required as a back-up in case of unforeseen issues, allowing them to continue their naturalization process without delay.

So maybe this is why I wasn't asked to sign photos, they are using the new digital type and the digital photos that were taken at the fingerprint appointment will be used.

Makes sense. Thanks for the information, aussie_okie!

Congratulations, aussie_okie! Happy to see you done with the interview.

At my interview, I was given a choice. The IO asked me if I wanted to use the photo that they had taken during the biometric interview, or if I would rather have the prints I brought along with me. He let me look at the photo on his computer monitor so that I could compare it with the prints on the desk. I chose the prints. Consequently, my Naturalization Certificate is old style, I guess. It has a printed photo affixed on it, but with an embossed seal that spills over to the certificate.

It's hard to tell if the USCIS even has nationwide standards, and how/if they enforce them.

Thanks for the information, javacafe!

Just got an email/text:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC************

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On June 15, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

--------------------------

Not sure how long it will be but at least I'm in the que and online it now says Oath Ceremony.

No progress since April... The USCIS online status still shows initial review! Is it time to call USCIS to follow up on the case? Thanks for your feedback.

You should try to compare with others from your Local District because it seems a little bit too slow. If others are getting Biometrics appointment with same or later filing dates call them, your file might be picking dust somewhere. Good luck.

No progress since April... The USCIS online status still shows initial review! Is it time to call USCIS to follow up on the case? Thanks for your feedback.

Updating my information after receiving my US Passport!

Wonderful...

Awaiting return of my Naturalization Certificate.

My Naturalization Certificate came in a separate envelope 2 days later.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL... I just received am email and text that they have mailed me a notice for fingerprint today!!!!!!!!!! Last time (4 months ago) they said it's on file.... five months after filing, now they are sending a notice to fingerprint!!!!!! is this ridiculous or I am just nagging?

Feel free to offer any advice/suggestions. Thanks.