• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

Let us know what they say.... I really expected to be interviewed in October... being that I am in the 200's.
Your number is current for October, so you should get the letter any day now. I suggest that you email the consulate on sydneyiv@state.gov to get your interview date. They normally reply within a day. All your docs have been transferred to the consulate so they will give you the date in a flash.

Thanks Superkruz. I just took your advise and emailed them.

Your number is current for October, so you should get the letter any day now. I suggest that you email the consulate on sydneyiv@state.gov to get your interview date. They normally reply within a day. All your docs have been transferred to the consulate so they will give you the date in a flash.

Following the advice of the KCC two weeks ago I just called again tonight. The response:
"We are still processing your documents please try calling again in about 4 WEEKS and we may have further information" :eek:

And here I was thinking we'd have an early interview date!

Hi labora2,

I just got a reply earlier this morning - it seems they haven't received my file from KCC yet. Here's what they said.

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

All DV interviews are scheduled by Kentucky Consular Centre (KCC) for Tuesday mornings only. Until we receive your file from KCC, we are unable to advise of when your visa interview will be.

SO- I guess I just have to wait still. Perhaps my interview WILL be in November and not October?! Whenever it is, I am feeling confident that I have all the educational and other docs needed. Although, I am just waiting for an interview date so I can schedule my medical.

Do you have any more news labora2?

Beech,

Why dont you email KCC. They can also give you the interview date. They may take a few days to reply but you have nothing to loose.

Beech,

Why dont you email KCC. They can also give you the interview date. They may take a few days to reply but you have nothing to loose.

I emailed them a few weeks back - and the reply was that my forms had been received and accepted for continuation. I also called about 1 week ago and I was told that they are still processing them. So, I think I have to be a little more patient and continue to stalk my mail box :)

Hey guys,

I've got my interview scheduled for next Wednesday 6th October but my Australian police check still hasn't arrived.
I contacted the AFP and they advised me that it's been completed and sent out on the 1st October but it's unlikely to make it to me on time.

I have an email from the AFP saying that it's on it's way but I wonder if I should show up to my interview missing one of my documents or try to contact the embassy to reschedule my interview. Any advice?

Contact the consulate where your interview is scheduled to take place and ask them what you should do under these circumstances. I reckon they will give you the best advice.

Hey guys,

I've got my interview scheduled for next Wednesday 6th October but my Australian police check still hasn't arrived.
I contacted the AFP and they advised me that it's been completed and sent out on the 1st October but it's unlikely to make it to me on time.

I have an email from the AFP saying that it's on it's way but I wonder if I should show up to my interview missing one of my documents or try to contact the embassy to reschedule my interview. Any advice?

Don't reschedule or postpone the interview. Go ahead and just let the consulate officer aware that you did not receive the police certificate before attending the interview. They will go ahead with the interview and will ask you to submit the police certificate before the visa will be issued.

Thanks for the advice guys. I tried to contact the embassy in London without much luck. Seems like you need to pay for a premium service on the phone to get through to them (i.e. £1.30 a minute).

I'm going to show up to the interview on Wednesday and explain the situation. Hopefully it won't stand in the way of getting my visa!

Hey does anyone know how long in takes to get your passport in the mail after the interview?
I'm thinking about booking a ticket to the US

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Party (Mike),

I think it only takes 3-5 business days for your passport to be returned! When is your interview or your still waiting for you 2NL? Seems we (even with low CN's) are still waiting to have an interview date.

Hey does anyone know how long in takes to get your passport in the mail after the interview?
I'm thinking about booking a ticket to the US

Thanks,
Mike

Dear freinds,

since recently, i was unable to see recent comments in any thread. just only title of the comment is seen but when i go to the txt, i cant find it. how come this? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee furnish me with advice or stg helpful so as to let me participate in the thread actively,

txs a lot!!

Hi Kidame,
Sometimes such kind of problems can be circumvented by using another web browser. If u were using internet explorer, u may switch it to Mozilla for example and try it. Good luck.

I am not sure exactly what your problem is but you can change the way threads are displayed by clicking on the "Display" drop-down at the top of the thread. It is to the right of the screen (see attached file). Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, Labora 2 and Supruz for ur valuable suggestions!!!!!

now i manged the problem just by changing the way i brows.....when i click the icon on the right side of the name of the commenters, i found all recent comments readable!!!

once a gain thxs a lot!

Labora 2: AYIZOH!!!! nothing will happen and next Dec for sure u will be current!!! but why don't call KCC directly ...most probably u did it already.....

all the best!