• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

More than likely Nashville :) Although I have some friends in ABQ - so I'll absolutely be stopping by to see them on the way thru! Maybe we'll get a green chilli burger or something, heheh !

Hey Guys/Girls,
Just wondering whether anyone with an AUS address has recieved a notification letter yet? I have read in another post that a NZ citizen has recieved one at a US Adress, but that is about all I have heard for the Oceania region in general. Has anyone heard anything in addition to that?

Best of Luck.

Hi Trusty, we are from North Queensland and, like you, are patiently waiting...... Have heard nothing! Oh well, I guess "no news is good news" may apply here.

Hi Trusty and others :) We have an OC winner!!! My husband received his letter today!

We live in Sydney but he used my country of birth, New Zealand to enter (as he is Canadian by birth). I am so excited I've just given myself a headache, lol.
Strangely enough, it was postmarked from Sweden. I had actually just about given up hope but maybe they're just going to take a while to get here??
Also, it may be of interest that the letter itself was dated May 03 and the case number is 2011OC000011**

I will add a proper signature when i have calmed down and can figure it out - can't wait to meet others here!!!!!!

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations TamaraM!

Finally the letters are crossing the Ocean. Hopefully next week we will have more winners.

The postmark is correct. Most people living outside of North America have received the letter from Sweden. I think KCC gets a better price from Swedish mail, as they have to mail tens of thousands of letters abroad. Only people living in US appear to be receiving letter by US mail.

Hi i am from Oz and i have got my NL today case number 2011OC000001xx i have no clue what to do im so excited!

Hi Trusty and others :) We have an OC winner!!! My husband received his letter today!

We live in Sydney but he used my country of birth, New Zealand to enter (as he is Canadian by birth). I am so excited I've just given myself a headache, lol.
Strangely enough, it was postmarked from Sweden. I had actually just about given up hope but maybe they're just going to take a while to get here??
Also, it may be of interest that the letter itself was dated May 03 and the case number is 2011OC000011**

I will add a proper signature when i have calmed down and can figure it out - can't wait to meet others here!!!!!!

Good luck everyone!

Congrats you guys.... that is AWESOME news!

I am from OZ and I am hopeful also :)

Does anyone know the usual wait for an interview? i have just got my NL and my number is under 200, so how many months would i expect to wait for my interview?

And is there any aussies who have done the interview process and been asked for the proof of funds?

Im worried if my number is small i wont have enough time to get all my documents together in time :(

Congratulations Mandys!!
You have a low CN so be prepared for your interview to be as early as October. You have 4 months to get your documents in order. You should get your 2nd letter from KCC about 6 weeks before your interview date with instructions on starting your medical. Some people are asked for proof of funds and some aren't, I would get it just in case. maybe you can start asking family or friends who are US residents/citizens for an affidavit of support. Again use this time wisely..Good Luck.

Congratulations Beech & to all other fellow Australians who have received their first NL!! I am so so excited and happy for you!!

This is my first post, I have been reading the forum for some time now and thought I would finally register. I have entered the DV-2011 and so desperately want to be one of the lucky ones!! Still crossing my fingers.

Great to hear the letters have finally started making their way downunder.

Congrats again!

No way Beech1814! I have been reading your posts for a while now and could see how much you wanted this, lol! Fantastic news! Looking forward to following your journey...

Congrats Mandys also!

Good luck leahsmg :)

Congratulations guys, am genuinely happy for you all. Hopefully there will be great news for the rest of us as well :)

No way Beech1814! I have been reading your posts for a while now and could see how much you wanted this, lol! Fantastic news! Looking forward to following your journey...

Congrats Mandys also!

Good luck leahsmg :)

Thank you so much TamaraM..... I know there is still a process - to be honest - I am a little nervous... but this forum is wonderful and FULL of help....

Thanks very much kimandgaz - fingers crossed tightly for you...is this your first year or have you entered before?

Beech1814 - we are nervous too, as are most I'd guess! Add 2 children and a dog into the mix and I think there are some interesting times ahead, lol. I notice your number is rather low so I will be stalking your posts for details!

A question already: does anyone know how long after being issued with the visas at the interview we have to pack up and enter the U.S. by??

Many thanks for any help,
TamaraM

Thanks very much kimandgaz - fingers crossed tightly for you...is this your first year or have you entered before?

Beech1814 - we are nervous too, as are most I'd guess! Add 2 children and a dog into the mix and I think there are some interesting times ahead, lol. I notice your number is rather low so I will be stalking your posts for details!

A question already: does anyone know how long after being issued with the visas at the interview we have to pack up and enter the U.S. by??

Many thanks for any help,
TamaraM

phew, I think I'll leave the kids and dog mix up to you :) Is your number low or high?

Congrats everyone i'm so happy for you all!!!

Best of luck in every part of this journey, lets help each other through the process to make it less stressful!

My plans are to move to San Francisco-i cant wait!!!