2011 Aug. N-400 Tracker

Joining this group

Hi there,

I sent my N-400 application on 8/17 and want to share my experience with you guys. I'm applying after three years of being a PR married to a US citizen. My state is Maryland so I sent the application to the Dallas, TX office.

8/17/11 N400 via Certified - Priority Mail
8/22/11 Delivered to the Dallas office
x/x/11 Check cashed
x/x/11 FP letter mailed
x/x/11 FP Appointment
x/x/11 YL received
x/x/11 IL received
x/x/11 Interview
x/x/11 Oath Ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
The only place where you can check the status with A# is to call USCIS, get a live person, ask them to transfer you to 2nd level IO, give them your A# and ask for the case status.
At this point they will only be able to give you your NBC#.
If I were you I wouldn't be calling yet, if you have subscribed for email/text notifications, you will get an email with your NBC# most likely tomorrow or day after tomorrow.
I took the date NOA was generated from the paper NOA itself.

Thank you. No email yet. Will start to worry if nothing by end of day tomorrow

Thank you. No email yet. Will start to worry if nothing by end of day tomorrow

c'mon, this is USCIS you can't expect any efficiency, expediency or fairness dealing with them.

fyi - i got my email notification closer to 6pm, so relax.

c'mon, this is USCIS you can't expect any efficiency, expediency or fairness dealing with them.

fyi - i got my email notification closer to 6pm, so relax.

I totally agree with you. Anyways, I got an email notification today at 3:43AM from USCIS with Receipt#. Someone is working very hard... Check cashed also.

I totally agree with you. Anyways, I got an email notification today at 3:43AM from USCIS with Receipt#. Someone is working very hard... Check cashed also.

May be their Windows rebooted and sent you the notice. :)

I actually wouldn't mind if some good soul hit on a FP send button for myself

May be their Windows rebooted and sent you the notice. :)

I actually wouldn't mind if some good soul hit on a FP send button for myself

Quite possible. From observing other timelines, looks you should be receiving your FP notice in about a week or so... Good luck ;)

Quite possible. From observing other timelines, looks you should be receiving your FP notice in about a week or so... Good luck ;)

With Federal plaza being the way it is plus my 'luck', I'm staying realistically pessimistic.

Technically if either NOA or FP doesn't arrive within 30 days it's possible to open a service request.

USCIS cashed my check today!

I didn't file the G-1145 because I didn't realize it existed. So I don't have a way to track my application I guess. What I know is that they chased my check today! it seems, I'm in the system now. :)

8/17/11 N400 via Certified - Priority Mail
8/22/11 Delivered to the Dallas office
8/25/11 Check cashed
x/x/11 FP letter mailed
x/x/11 FP Appointment
x/x/11 YL received
x/x/11 IL received
x/x/11 Interview
x/x/11 Oath Ceremony

I got one speeding ticket which I didn't mention in the N400. Is it going effect in any way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still haven't received my FP appointment ... wondering why it's taking so long. Previously I've gotten the FP appointment within 10 days of filing any paperwork. I know I'm still within the 30 day window so I'll wait until next week before I try to figure out what's going on!

Got the email today that my file is now scheduled for an interview, and I should get a letter within 14 days with the date.

I also did not include the G-1145 form. Once you get the notice in the mail that your information has been received, you will get the receipt number that you can use to track your status on line.

My finger print done today

Hi,
Just want to check, when you are eligible for Applying for Citizenship. I got my GC in Jul 2007. I see you got yours in Nov 2007, so can I also apply for Citizenship at this time or should I wait?
Thanks.