2010 November N-400 tracker

I was just about to get off to bed, then i got a new email: "Testing and Interview , Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview...." Yeah ~~

I was just about to get off to bed, then i got a new email: "Testing and Interview , Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview...." Yeah ~~

Moving along! An interview letter isn't far behind...

11/27/2010 - application mailed
11/29/2010 - application received
12/10/2010 - NOA received (updated online 12/1/2010)
12/27/2010 - FP letter received (updated online 12/20/2010)
12/29/2010 - tried to do a walk-in FP but the lady said that they stopped doing that in the entire country a few years back :confused:
1/3/2011 - scheduled FP

I got the best present of next year today: Interview letter in the mail. But my process went fast, so it apeared 1 week before my GC 3 years anniversary , i hope this doesn't cause any delay on the oath.

I got the best present of next year today: Interview letter in the mail. But my process went fast, so it apeared 1 week before my GC 3 years anniversary , i hope this doesn't cause any delay on the oath.

Congratulations seems like you and me are in the same time line. Would you care to let us know your DO please. Thanks!

Congratulations seems like you and me are in the same time line. Would you care to let us know your DO please. Thanks!

Hey biruk60,my district office is Louisville KY . And yes, i saw that we are in the same timeline, you probably will receive the interview date today too? Good luck and happy new year to all

Got my interview date just now. ID on 02/02/2011 at 8:00 AM. It is an happy ending for 2010. Good luck y'all

My husband hasn't received a YL yet; is that not something that everyone receives, or is it based on what might be missing from the papers sent in with the application?

Any advice on resources to read for the Naturalization interview? When I went to the local support center for my FP, I got a book with a CD that has a 100 questions. The book says the actual questions asked during interview will be any 10 of those 100. Is this true? I am certainly open to learn more about the history and constitution of this great nation but would also like to eliminate any surprises during the interview. Also, the English test seems rudimentary. Is any one on the Forum here actually 'preparing' for the English test?

Thanks and would appreciate if you could share your experiences/thoughts/insights.

__________________________________________________ _______
11/20/2010 - N-400 sent to Phoenix lockbox via UPS
11/24/2010 - N-400 delivered
11/29/2010 - Check cashed
12/02/2010 - I-797C, Notice of Action received
12/06/2010 - Notified of RFE via SMS & Email
12/09/2010 - FP Notice received
12/23/2010 - FP scheduled & done at 12 noon
12/27/2010 - Email notifying case transfer to local office

My husband hasn't received a YL yet; is that not something that everyone receives, or is it based on what might be missing from the papers sent in with the application?

For my understanding is :yellow letter is specific to one's case, and the white letter is general to everyone. I got the N-659 Naturalization Interview Document Check List WHITE letter . Correct me if i am wrong.

I got my YL today asking to bring Driver's license to the interview.
It was dated 12/30/2010..sent out on Monday.
Well, at least I now know someone actually reviewed my application and nothing was wrong with it so far.

Congrats on getting the YL. With the YL did anyones online status change? I'm still awaiting the YL and IL.

Thanks

0.11/15 n400 sent
2.11/17 got n400
8.11/23 got n400 receipt
14.11/29 fp notice sent
18.12/03 fp received
38.12/23 fp taken
45.12/30 case transfer
52.01/06 interview letter
80.02/03 interview
101. 02/24 oath

Last edited by a moderator:
Realized I could have walked-in for fingerprints only after having had my actual appointment. Bummer.
I wonder if it really speeds up the case handling? Some members did have their case progress to "Testing and Interview" before their scheduled FP date (a week after the FP walk-in in SPB2011's case, who is in the same DO as me), but for me it has already been 2 weeks since my scheduled FP and still no status change. Perhaps it's the matter of the previous stages such as name check not having been completed yet?
I did check with the FBI - my fingerprints were sent back on the date of the appointment and have not been rejected, so no slowdown there.

Last edited by a moderator: