Any NJ May 2010 filers:

Here are my and wife's details

05/06/10 - N400 recd (texas) DO - NJ
06/03/10 - FP notice (appt of 06/25/10)
06/25/10 - FP done
07/15/10 - YL recd (mine)
07/22/10 - YL for wife
No IL, ID to date (08/10/10)

I see that, but Mr. yupi.. had FP about a month ago. Im jealous!!

I have to go to Westchester ave in The Bronx at 2pm.

Good luck w the prints.
Even tho I did the prints earlier we are most likely get the interview around the same time.
Don't worry God willing we will be USC before the end of the year. We just have to be a little patient. Everything seems to be going smooth for everyone here and that's good.

All,

I just finished my interview on July 27th and waiting for Oath letter. Any idea on how long it takes to get the Oath letter? My online status still says that it's in the "testing" phase.....

At the interview, the officier did say that I was recommended for approval...

Thanks in advance...

I am also waiting for OL. i was told that OL is issued based on Oath ceremony schedule. Some get early some have to wait.
also, i have noticed some Offices even have same day Oath deal. that is really nice to have

status updated: interview approved and recommended for citizenship! Now waiting for the oath letter to arrive in my mail 30-90 days.

I will let you all know my experience later on in the day

update on my status:

Interview today and approved for citizenship. I was given an oath letter and oath-taking is for next month.

Its great to know that some of you guys are almost done with your immigration jurney, for the rest of us that are still waiting for interview, we have to be positive and patient, this thread is almost naturalized completely.
Good luck to all of you guys,
Thank you for your help and comments.

MMmmmmkay so I got my FP done on thursday 08/12.

Today 8/14 I got what I think is the infamous "yellow letter".. It says THIS IS NOT AN INTERVIEW NOTICE

bring the following documents to the your interview... bla, blah, blah

I'm I right? it was mailed to me on the 10th before my FB. I just thought it was wierd.

MMmmmmkay so I got my FP done on thursday 08/12.

Today 8/14 I got what I think is the infamous "yellow letter".. It says THIS IS NOT AN INTERVIEW NOTICE

bring the following documents to the your interview... bla, blah, blah

I'm I right? it was mailed to me on the 10th before my FB. I just thought it was wierd.

I actually got my interview letter a day after I got a 2nd notice for FP (my 1st ones were unreadable). At my interview, I was told that the 2nd ones were unreadable still. It was a good thing that I brought the police clearance.

I'm almost there, waiting for my Oath date!! To the rest of you be patient. There was a time back in the late 90s' where it would take 18-24 months to complete the Nat. process from application to oath. Atleast, we are not dealing with those timelines.....

(Local Office- Houston)
5/8/10 - Mailed application via Certified to Lewisville, TX
5/11/10 - PD Assigned
5/27/10 - NOA sent
6/1/10 - FP notice recv'd for 6/11
6/11/10 - FP done
7/6/10 - Interview Letter
8/9/10 - Interview Date
8/25/10 - Oath Date

Passed the interview, but my file is in suspense because I got a 'lack of evidence' sheet. Inspector wanted proof of why I was in Germany for 4 years due to military orders (to meet the US residency requirement), and even though I brought orders, she demanded that it be a certified copy. Wish I would have known that ahead of time as now I'm going to have to track someone down in Germany and hope they can come through. I have 30 days to send it in, or my application will be denied.

Inspector didn't look at any other documents other than my driver's license, passport, and green card. Test questions included who wrote the declaration of independence, who the commander in chief is, and name 3 of the 13 original colonies.

Signature updated
Got SMS and email at about 4;30 am saying that my case has been transferred to local office, At least NYC is moving again

Last edited by a moderator:
Receive Interview letter for Sep, 29th at Federal plaza, I thought that since i live in brooklyn i will get garden city,

All done and successful for my family and me. Process in Dallas is very good. Timeline is quick.

We had our interviews (3 of us each had separate interviews) this morning in Irving, Texas office. My wife and son were about 15 minutes each, while mine was a bit longer...around 25 minutes. We were all approved and could come back for the 1:30PM Oath ceremony. So all is done and we are American citizens now!