2010 May N-400 Tracker

I had my naturalization interview today. The appointment was scheduled for 1:50 PM. I arrived at 1:30 PM but was not called until 2:45 PM. The waiting room was packed with a very diverse crowd. A middle aged lady called my name. We went into her office and she swore me in. She was very pleasant and put me at ease. She asked me to read 'Which state has most people?' She then asked me to write 'California has most people'. She then asked me the following questions:

1. There are 4 amendments on who can vote. Name one.
2. Why did colonists come to America?
3. Who is the head of the executive branch?
4. If the president cannot serve, who becomes president?
5. What is one right or freedom from the first ammendment?
6. During the cold war what was the main concern for the United States?

The immigration officer reviewed my application line by line. She asked me to print my new name on the 2 passport pictures. She asked me why I did not register for selective service and I explained that I did not know of the requirement. I had written an explanation letter when I mailed in my N400. She asked me what was my status between ages 18 and 26 and I informed her that I was out of status at that time. She asked me what my previous status before that and I informed her I was an F1 student. I was expecting more questioning but thankfully she moved on. She told me everything looked fine and she would get me into the next oath ceremony which happens to be 8/4/10. I was pleasantly surprised as my DO has an average waiting time of between 1 and 2 months for oath ceremony. She asked me to wait in the lounge and 20 minutes later I got an oath letter for 8/4/10. I had brought in a boatload of documents but she only asked to see my marriage certificate. All in all, it was a good inverview and I can't wait to be a USC.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you get interview letter, you will get document checklist too. Those documents are good enough. However, if in case you want you can carry bunch of other documents too. Just check sticky threads of this section. One topic covers all the details in that regard

Hi, Thanks for the Info. I just received my Interview letter yesterday, and I went through the checklist, and it says they only need GC, Passport, ID and two photos.Since I got the Yellow letter asking me to bring the Court Disposition, I will be taking that but in the checklist they clearly mentioned not to bring anything if I got a citation which does not involve accident and fines less than $500. Quite confusing here.

Update on my status:

Green Card on 8/11/2005
I'm filling under 5 years.
Las Vegas, NV

5/14/2010 : N-400 Sent
5/17/2010 : N-400 Rec.
xx/xx/2010 : Checks Cashed
5/17/2010 : Receipt ND & PD
xx/xx/2010 : NOA Rec.

6/14/2010 : Rec. FP letter;
7/08/2010 : FP Scheduled -- I had a cut in one of my finger so I was told to come back when it heals
7/12/2010 : FP done -- My finger has healed and the officer accepted my prints -- I hope the FBI accepts it too.
08/2/2010 : Case sent to local off.
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Letter
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2010 : Oath Date
xx/xx/2010 :USC Date
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Application
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Received

Does anybody knows what all the docs we need to take to the Interview? Any employment letters? I got a ticket and mentioned in my application, they are asking me to bring the "Court Disposition" does anybody knows how to get it? I am planning to go to DMV office and get my Driving history Record (which tells about my tickets and pay offs).

in my case Houston ( I am in DC now) i called City of Houston Municipal Court . filled application online , paid $15 , took few days to get it by mail. check http://www.atlantaga.gov/government/courts/municipalcourtofatlanta.aspx ...

in my case Houston ( I am in DC now) i called City of Houston Municipal Court . filled application online , paid $15 , took few days to get it by mail. check http://www.atlantaga.gov/government/courts/municipalcourtofatlanta.aspx ...

Thanks very much. I went to the county court site and filled a form "Certified Citation Copy Request", I guess that should be it.
http://www.gwinnettcourts.com/#courtjudges_recorders_certifiedcitationrequest/, I am hoping to get it soon. And also I requested IRS to send me last 5 years of Tax Transcripts, I donno how long that takes?

Thanks

Hellothatsme,
Your tax transcript shouldnt take long, mines took exactly 1 week, but order account transcript because there is more information on it example[ if you owe taxes, how much u paid and what are your balances]I havent got my interview letter yet but i send for my tax transcript since june,i like to be ahead

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I got YL (stating Bring Your State Issued driver license ) .. do I need to carry any other items? is it normal to get this YL?

Mymott.......
You need to take all the evidence/documents that you can put your hands on, because its best to have too much than not enough, we dont know what the I0 would ask for, each IO is different and each case is different,Personally i feel that the Yellow letter is crap,

YAY I got my interview appointment ! Sept 8,2010

Green Card on 8/11/2005
I'm filling under 5 years.
Las Vegas, NV

5/14/2010 : N-400 Sent
5/17/2010 : N-400 Rec.
xx/xx/2010 : Checks Cashed
5/17/2010 : Receipt ND & PD
xx/xx/2010 : NOA Rec.

6/14/2010 : Rec. FP letter;
7/08/2010 : FP Scheduled -- I had a cut in one of my finger so I was told to come back when it heals
7/12/2010 : FP done -- My finger has healed and the officer accepted my prints -- I hope the FBI accepts it too.
08/2/2010 : Case sent to local off.
08/5/2010 : Interview Letter
09/8/2010 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2010 : Oath Date
xx/xx/2010 :USC Date
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Application
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Received

YL received today!
Bring you state-issued driver's license or state-issued photo identification card.

Got SMS and email saying that my case has been transferred to Denver local office. Waiting for interview letter now.

LATEKNIGHT

Look how nyc taking 5 weeks after NOA, just to issue a fingerprint notice, that just to show we will have to wait 2x that for the interview letter.

LATEKNIGHT

Look how nyc taking 5 weeks after NOA, just to issue a fingerprint notice, that just to show we will have to wait 2x that for the interview letter.

I see that, but Mr. yupi.. had FP about a month ago. Im jealous!!

I have to go to Westchester ave in The Bronx at 2pm.

All,

I just finished my interview on July 27th and waiting for Oath letter. Any idea on how long it takes to get the Oath letter? My online status still says that it's in the "testing" phase.....

At the interview, the officier did say that I was recommended for approval...

Thanks in advance...