Below is my wife's citizenship case
DO: Houston
06/8/10 N-400 Sent
06/13/10 Check Cashed
06/14/2010 PD
06/18/2010 NOA Received
07/27/2010 FP Done
08/5/2010 yellow letter received

Its been close to 2 months and there has been no correspondence from DO office.
What should we do? We are getting a bit worried now......
PS: This is our second application for N-400. Our previous appln was rejected since we applied 3 months too soon. Can this be the reason for delayed response from DO office?

Recieved IL today after 3 months. ID on 11/4. Still waiting for wife's and son's IL. Tracker updated

Hello All,

Just had my interview at Philadelphia yesterday. It took just 10 minutes. the officer said that i should receive the oath letter soon. Good luck to everyone who are waiting for their interview.

I had my citizenship interview today in Phoenix. I reached there 15 min before my scheduled time but I had to wait for 1 hr 45 mins before they called me for interview. Actual interview took less than 10 minutes. The only "documents" he asked for were DL and GC. He recommended me for the citizenship. :D

Waiting for Oath letter now....

Dear Friends,
Sorry for not posting my status last week as I got held up with other work.
At last I got my US citizenship on 10/19. Process was very straightforward. My interview appointment was at 2 PM. I reported at 12:30 and was called in at 2:10. The officer was very polite. He went thru the N-400 application questions again. Then came the naturalization test. There were 10 questions of which I had to answer 6 corectly. Here were the questions I was asked:
1. What is the national anthem of US called ?
2. What is the "rule of the law" ?
3. Which ocean is on the west coast ?
4. What happened on 9/11 ?
5. 4 amendments to the constitution about who can vote. Describe one
6. Why does the flag have 13 stripes ?

After answering the above 6 correctly, he didn't go ahead with the other 4 and directly went to the reading test. I was asked to read "How many US senators are there ?". Then I was asked to write "There are one hundred US senators".

After that he congratulated me on passing the test and acquiring the citizenship. Due to technical difficulties and power failures that day, the oath timings had to be rescheduled and I got to the 3:30 oath (which was actually the 2:00 PM oath). After the oath, they gave me the naturalization certificate. Next day, applied for the passport.

GC: 8/1/05 (employment-based)
SC: Houston, TX
DO: Newark, NJ

06/11/10: N-400 Mailed
06/14/10: ND/PD
07/1/10: RFE for FP
07/6/10: FP letter
07/29/10: FP done
09/03/10: YL received
09/15/10: Transferred to local office
09/18/10: IL received
10/19/10: Interview and Oath. US citizen

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. It was very helpful to me. Congratulations to all who have got their US ctizenship and good luck to those who are awaiting.

Hope to see some of you again in the OCI forums. I am hearing it is a very cumbersome process.

Dear Friends,
Sorry for not posting my status last week as I got held up with other work.
At last I got my US citizenship on 10/19. Process was very straightforward. My interview appointment was at 2 PM. I reported at 12:30 and was called in at 2:10. The officer was very polite. He went thru the N-400 application questions again. Then came the naturalization test. There were 10 questions of which I had to answer 6 corectly. Here were the questions I was asked:
1. What is the national anthem of US called ?
2. What is the "rule of the law" ?
3. Which ocean is on the west coast ?
4. What happened on 9/11 ?
5. 4 amendments to the constitution about who can vote. Describe one
6. Why does the flag have 13 stripes ?

After answering the above 6 correctly, he didn't go ahead with the other 4 and directly went to the reading test. I was asked to read "How many US senators are there ?". Then I was asked to write "There are one hundred US senators".

After that he congratulated me on passing the test and acquiring the citizenship. Due to technical difficulties and power failures that day, the oath timings had to be rescheduled and I got to the 3:30 oath (which was actually the 2:00 PM oath). After the oath, they gave me the naturalization certificate. Next day, applied for the passport.

GC: 8/1/05 (employment-based)
SC: Houston, TX
DO: Newark, NJ

06/11/10: N-400 Mailed
06/14/10: ND/PD
07/1/10: RFE for FP
07/6/10: FP letter
07/29/10: FP done
09/03/10: YL received
09/15/10: Transferred to local office
09/18/10: IL received
10/19/10: Interview and Oath. US citizen

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. It was very helpful to me. Congratulations to all who have got their US ctizenship and good luck to those who are awaiting.

Hope to see some of you again in the OCI forums. I am hearing it is a very cumbersome process.

Congratulations!! You are lucky to get everything done on the interview day. In phoenix, on my interview day, interview officer told me that I'll receive Oath letter in next 2 weeks and then Oath would be sometime between thanksgiving and Christmas.

Guys :

I had my interview on Nov 4. After a week of wait finally i got my oath letter today. Oath will be on 19th Nov at bridgeport.

2010 june 11 priorty date
2010 july 22 fp done
2010 october 18 interview passed but uscis will send you a notice in the mail
2010 novmber 18 still waiting for response

My interview was today (12/2) at 7 AM. I arrived there at 6:30am. The officer called me in at 7:30am and by 7:45am I was out of there.

She went over my N-400 application, asked if I wanted to change my name and asked me to sign.

Interviewer: F. Figueroa

She was very nice, but her accent was hard to understand at times. She handed me the N-652, Naturalization Interview Results paper, checked of that I passed the tests of English and U.S History and government. Checked off where it says: Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for Approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony.

I asked her why I couldn’t get an oath letter with an appointment on the same day and she politely answered that they stopped giving the oath letter on the same day because they are very busy at the moment and with not enough staff. I asked if she knew how long it would take, once again she politely answered that it shouldn’t take too long, just a couple of weeks.

I am just hoping that is true. But in any case I am very happy that I passed the interview and now I will wait patiently for my oath letter!!!

1- What is the Supreme Law of the Land: The Constitution
2- What is an Amendment: a change and/ or addition to the Constitution
3- Who vetoes bills: The president
4- What is the capital of your state: Albany
5- Who do we show loyalty to when we say pledge of allegiance? The united states and the flag (I first answered the United Stated and she asked AND, so I said and the flag)
6- Who did we fight the United States in World War 2: Japan, Germany and Italy

Read: When is Columbus Day?
Write: Columbus Day is in October

2010 june 11 priorty date
2010 july 22 fp done
2010 october 18 interview passed but uscis will send you a notice in the mail
2010 novmber 18 still waiting for response
2010 dec 18 still waiting for any response