2010 February N-400 Tracker

Thanks, VYLE and IPL-fan. Good luck to you, IPL-fan.

VYLE, great job with the spreadsheet. Thanks for keeping up the good work. Threads like this make the process more bearable.

congrats bro.... i dont have a clue of how much longer i should be waiting, the turn around time might even take upto 120 days for sending out a mail from uscis :(

Thanks, VYLE and IPL-fan. Good luck to you, IPL-fan.

VYLE, great job with the spreadsheet. Thanks for keeping up the good work. Threads like this make the process more bearable.

I guess its time for you to change your user name to something else like 'NoMoreWaiting' or 'EnoughWaiting' or something like this....

Have tons of fun.

congrats bro.... i dont have a clue of how much longer i should be waiting, the turn around time might even take upto 120 days for sending out a mail from uscis :(

Thanks. I am really sorry to hear that and hoping that your OL will be on its way soon.

I guess its time for you to change your user name to something else like 'NoMoreWaiting' or 'EnoughWaiting' or something like this....

Have tons of fun.

LOL. Thanks! Both names are good ones. I am still waiting for the Oath (three weeks away :mad:). It ain't over until it is over.

I received my oath letter today. Oath is scheduled for Sept 14th at the Fenway Park. Thanks to Boston DO, I would probably the last person from February thread to take the oath. Well, after waiting for 10+ years, what's another 3 months!!

I have become a proud American citizen today. Interview experience in the Atlanta thread - See the signature for time line.

Good luck to the fellow Feb applicants. Wish the very best. It was a pleasure to be in the gang for the past few months.

Updates of my case

1/27/2020 Sent N400 to Lewisville TX.
1/28/2010 N400 Forwarded to Dallas
1/29/2010 N400 Received in Dallas.
2/4/2010 Application receipt email and text @ 7.12 AM
2/6/2010 NOA Received. PD 2/2/2010 , Cheque Cashed on 4th Feb
2/19/2010 Email/txt received @ 4.46 AM - RFE (Says mailed on 2/17/2010)
2/22/2010 Got the FP Letter by mail and PD changed to 1/29/2010
3/11/2010 FP Complete as scheduled
3/12/2010 Received YL for me
3/31/2010 Received email and text message "This case has been sent for a standard interview" @ 4.00 AM in the morning
5/7/2010 Interview Date & Oath Date

guys,

i am getting worried not hearing anything so far from the USCIS regarding the approval/denail of n400 application. I am not recommeded for approval, rather than that i was gioven a notice that says that i would hear from uscis regarding the application. when i called uscis, they kinda mentioned that it may take upto 120 days to recieve the information i am anticipating and its considerd as the norm. if 90 days has passed since the date of the interview, i could call uscis and they would look contact the local office where the interview was conducted and get some more information. right now i am confused and frsutrated and all i can do is wait :(. the IO who interviewed me mentioned that they were awaiting a file and once thats with them they would get the mail out to me regarding the status of the case. The IO counter checked my travel dates with stamps on the passport, asked me to sign a document for the court for a legal change. and said that i passed the test. the IO also made me put my initials against the travel dates (is this normal). I was anticipating questions of proving ties with america while my extended stay abroad ona re- entry permit ( i am applying based on the 4 year + 1 day rule). I even saw the cover letter that i had sent with my n400 demonstrating my elgibility and stating the 4year + 1 day rule.

i am wondering if the legal name change is at any cost causing the delay. if you guys have any inputs it would comfort me alot.

Thanks in advance
Sreeleshk

Congrats..

vvlabor,
congrats and thank you for sharing your details with us. 3 months and 1 week - it's a very good result, btw! :)

Finally!!! :D :D :D I got my oath letter today for a ceremony at the Western District Court in Roanoke, VA on July 23! I am supposed to report at 9:00 am for an 11:00 am ceremony. Praise the Lord!!!!!!

Hi Sree,

Sorry to hear you haven't gotten your OL yet. As VYLE said above, it is quite likely that your OL might take longer, as the federal District Court has to first approve your name change and then schedule your ceremony. I did not do a name change, but the District Court with jurisdiction over my residence has retained the exclusive right to perform naturalizations (which is why I couldn't have my oath on the same day). Even so, I was told if I did not hear back after a whole 3 months, only then should I contact the DO. So, I don't think what you are experiencing is unusual--although it can be very frustrating...

It is my understanding that once you get to 60 days past your interview, you can call the NCSC and initiate a Service Request to "prod" the DO. You can also schedule an INFOPASS at any time, though you are not likely to get very far with that. By law, USCIS has up to 120 days to decide your case after the interview. If they go past that, you can technically file a lawsuit to force them to make a decision. You can also contact your congressman and/or senators and ask their office to help (but from what I read on the forum, they are not usually willing to help until it's been 120 days).

I know you are very frustrated with how long this is taking... and I hope you'll get your OL before too long without having to go to these lengths. I was fully prepared to fight USCIS at every step after the 3-year delay in my green card process and was surprised that, so far, I haven't had to do so.

hi goldin03,

your words are very comforting. the IO just told me that they are waiting for " a file", he didnt bother to spend a minute with me to explain what it was, i am wondering if its some file or "A" file. If he mentioned the name change would cause this extra time, i would have decided to have it done in a future time. I think i am giving away the wrong impression as if i am dying to become a USC. Actually being apart from my wife for so long is whats driving me nuts and she had high hopes and i gave her a time line that we can count on and this spoils everything. I got married in 2008, and after that i was just able to go to my native country (India, as my wife is there) 2 times on 4 weeks vacation. I feel like going to India now, would it be a bad call to go for a 4 weeks trip in case the letter from uscis comes through ? or is that there no chance at all ? what the USCIS people say is that, it may take upto 120 days to get a decision from them but in case i dont get any notice after 90 days, they can initiate some process at the DO to get more information.

My immigration history dates back to 1986 when i had my first gc, and ssn, after 4 years i left america and the gc expired. and its that in 2003 that i got a new gc (the ssn is the same though).
I am wondering whether they would have to dig those.

thanks for your support

-Sreeleshk

I had my oath today and am now a citizen. No more waiting for USCIS!! It is a great feeling. All the best to you all.

Applied passport today.

sreeleshk, I am really sorry to see how yours turns out and hope it will get resolved soon.