2010 February N-400 Tracker

So is it safe to assume that the RFE you guys got was referring to the FP letter? I noticed most of you got an RFE.

I read about this bug with USCIS system in late 2009 and did not realize it spilled to 2010 filer also. Do we know if they have fixed it yet?

a quick stupid question

what are the test topics at the interview,

English, written and oral. (very simple)
History and Civics - are they 2 different tests or is it the same thing ? isnt reading through the red book with mt rushmore on the cover (the one we get after we do the finger print) enough ?

?

...History and Civics - are they 2 different tests or is it the same thing ? isnt reading through the red book with mt rushmore on the cover (the one we get after we do the finger print) enough ?

?
History and Civics is a one test - 10 questions from 100 from that "red book". IO will stop when you give 6 correct answers, so it could be said that there is only 6 questions.
Reading through the book and/or listening to the CD that comes along with the book is completely enough. I myself used a CD mostly in a car and looked into the book only if something was not completely clear for me.
Don't worry and good luck. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i just found my redbook, i wasnt sure if that was the only one ? its been a while since i got it. kinda lost the cd:(

Hi Every one,

I have my naturalization interview scheduled this Friday. I am applying based on the 4year + 1 day rule.
I got my GC in 2003. stayed in america for a month left to my home country, returned in 2004 and stayed in america for 2 month,
secured a re-entry permit and returned after 22 months on February 2006. When i got my GC i was doing school in india, and i graduated in 2005. the convocation (graduation walk)
was in feburary (my degreee certificate holds the date of February 15th). Hoping that i am eligible for naturalization based on the 4year +1 day rule. I sent in my N400 on the 3rd of February
2010. Now reading posts it scares me that you need to show evidence to prove that America was the primary residence while you were abroad.

As of now for the years 2003-2006 my dad claimed me as a dependent on his tax returns.
I have a state Driver's License that I obtained in 2003
I have spent significant amount of time in America after entering in USA in 2006.

What I do not have as proof are:- I do not have any utility bills for the period 2003-2006.
I did not have any bank accounts during the period 2003-2006.
I do not have any mortgage or any such financial proof.

Guys what do you think of my chances at the interview ? how can i present things in such a way that it favors me (the above mentioned things i have).
Any tips ? anything that helps will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
Sreeleshk

I have oath ceremony in the Federal court in a couple of days. Any clues based on your experience as to how long it should take? I've taken about 3 hrs off from my work, and its close to where I work, hope its sufficient time.
Are minor kids allowed there and are we allowed to take a toy or book to keep him busy?

Citizenship Timeline
DO SAN DIEGO, CA
1/13/2005 LPR
2/4/2010 Sent N-400 Application To Phoenix Lockbox (certified mail and tracking number)
2/8/2010 N-400 Delivered To Phoenix Lockbox
2/12/2010 Received Certified Mail Return Receipt From USCIS
2/12/2010 Check Cashed ($675.00)
2/12/2010 Priority Date Per NOA
2/20/2010 Received USCIS Receipt NOA I-797C
3/18/2010 Received SMS and E-mail at 1:34 a.m., Case Transferred For Standard Interview
3/19/2010 Received Interview Notice Letter (PD rolled back to 02/08/2010)
4/26/2010 Interview Date ( I passed!)
5/8/2010 Received Oath Ceremony Letter
5/19/2010 Oath Ceremony Date
5/19/2010 Applied For US Passport
6/10/2010 Received US Passport

Today I got my passport. The journey is over. The time it took from start (N-400) to finish (passport) = 126 days

Completed Oath Ceremony yesterday and applied for passport today. Oath ceremony was fun... lots of humor and congratulations all around the room filled with 90 new citizens. Its something about the ceremony process and the colorful naturalization certificate that makes one feel really proud to be an American citizen.
We went there with our 4 yr old son and took a lot of pictures. The judge was kind enough to stay back for some pictures too. Surely a day we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Hi guys,

the interview was OK, the IO was not that great, he asked me questions, made me read a sentence on his sheet and write the answer on a different sheet. i was asked if i had been arrested, told him i had a traffic ticket, he replied that it was a citation, i showed him the disposition papers, asked for my marriage certificate, showed me the name change information got my signature, verified dates of trips against my passport, and he requested 2 copies of my 2009 tax returns.he asked me where i was working, and asked me to sign initials against a few stuff in the n400 application. made me sign the photos.

i was unemployed last year, 2009, he asked me how i supported myself, i told him i was living of my savings and that i did collect unemployment
i did collect unemployment while i had a 2 months trip (to india)march to may of '09.

towards the end i was handed a sheet "Naturalization Interview Results"

X You have passed the test of English and US history and government
X INS will send you a written decision about your application
X Do not wait for the letter, You will be notified by mail . Time ____( left blank)

The IO said that he is awaiting a file and he cannot make a decision until he gets it. I asked him what kind of file it is and he said that its confidential and that he spent too much time with me already and its time for me to leave.

I am applying based on the 4 year + 1 day rule. The IO didnt ask me to show documents that demonstrate my ties with America while the time i was away ( i had a re-entry). As advised by friends in the forum, i didnt volunteer any information.

GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK
BOB, JACK, TRIPPLE CITIZEN ALSOUTHERNER YOUR INPUTS WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

thanking you in advance
Sreelesh

Received my passport yesterday (06/20/2010).

Here are my details

N600 filed 02/13/2010
Receipt Date 02/16/2010
FP done 03/09/2010
Interview& approved 04/27/2010 (Self and Wife)
Oath 05/18/2010 (Los Angeles Convention Center) - Self
Passport Applied 05/18/2010 (At Local Post Office)
Passport Processing Completed 06/07/2010
Passport Received 06/10/2010

Wife's Oath Scheduled for 06/23/2010 at Los Angeles Convention Center

Sreeleshk,

You should get your oath letter soon. For some cases they have to wait for approvals on account of documents requested and it should not take time. Good Luck

towards the end i was handed a sheet "Naturalization Interview Results"

X You have passed the test of English and US history and government
X INS will send you a written decision about your application
X Do not wait for the letter, You will be notified by mail . Time ____( left blank)

The IO said that he is awaiting a file and he cannot make a decision until he gets it. I asked him what kind of file it is and he said that its confidential and that he spent too much time with me already and its time for me to leave.

Sreeleshk, I wish you to get your oath letter soon. IMHO the worst part of this process is waiting... :(

I completed Oath Ceremony yesterday, registered to vote at the ceremony, attended SSA office with Naturalization Certificate to update my status, and applied for passport in Passport Agency, so my passport will be ready to pick up on Monday.

Sreeleshk, I wish you to get your oath letter soon. IMHO the worst part of this process is waiting... :(

I completed Oath Ceremony yesterday, registered to vote at the ceremony, attended SSA office with Naturalization Certificate to update my status, and applied for passport in Passport Agency, so my passport will be ready to pick up on Monday.

thnx vyle,

were u recommended for approval as a the normal course should go or was it unfortunate as mine, as its decision cannot be made ?

thnx vyle,

were u recommended for approval as a the normal course should go or was it unfortunate as mine, as its decision cannot be made ?
I've got "A decision cannot be made" at the interview, see post #456 on this page. :(
Then I spent additional 3 days being nervous, analyzing again and again every detail of my interview trying to find a reason... So I can uderstand very well how you feel... Then I've got an OL in the mail. :)
So, again - I can only wish you to get your oath letter soon.

I've got "A decision cannot be made" at the interview, see post #456 on this page. :(
Then I spent additional 3 days being nervous, analyzing again and again every detail of my interview trying to find a reason... So I can uderstand very well how you feel... Then I've got an OL in the mail. :)
So, again - I can only wish you to get your oath letter soon.

thanks for the wishes and the support.

congrats

Here is the updated tracker.

If something is missing or incorrect please let me know.
It seems that too many people are waiting for OL... If some of you, folks, already got thier OLs, please update your information.

Good luck to all.

Congrats and thanks, VYLE.

I had my appointment this afternoon and passed.

I was there about an hour early and pleasantly surprised by how empty it was. It took no time from clearing security, checking in and then to the waiting area for my name to be called. About 30 minutes after my appointment time, my name was called and I was interviewed by a guy who was very professional and seemed to know all questions on N-400 by hearts. He could ask me questions listed on N400 while checking other sections. He asked me if I had filed taxes. I showed him my W-2 but he said they could not prove that I had filed taxes. I had prepared tax transcripts so he was glad to have them. I had many short trips oversea and he actually looked through my passports to check the stamps with the list on the form. This seems to take most of his time during the interview.

Then, he asked me to sign photos, N-400 and a sheet of my information. Finally, it was the test. After the test was finished, he handed me the form (N-652) (congratulations! your application has been recommended for approval....) and asked me to wait downstairs for my OL. The interview process took about 15 minutes and the wait for my OL took a bit less than an hour. It was smooth - even no traffic on I-495. I am happy to receive the oath letter right away and don't have to wait for it in the mail.

Good luck to everyone who is still in the process and good life to everyone who has done!!

sreeleshk, good luck to you!!