2010 February N-400 Tracker

update:
Did late FP today 03/10 at Seatte DO/ASC as a walk-in, I couldn't make the original scheduled date (03/01). The checkin person suggested I could make an appointment and come back another day but I preferred to take my chance and wait. This is the approach the FP notice suggests: show up on any of the following Wednesdays.

Once inside, the ASC was moderately busy but I sat through a still tolerable wait time of ~1.5 hrs until they could slot me in. There were about ~8 other FP walkins and 40+ of scheduled numbers got called while I waited. The FP checkin lady would call 4-6 of the scheduled folks, then draw a couple of the walk-ins to slot them in.
Glad I brought my kindle to read while I waited, although it almost confused the security guy at the scanner...

Now that I paid closer attention to the FP notice, I realized they backdated my PD (from 1/29) to 1/26, the actual receipt date. That will make all the difference :)

Good that you have your FP done.

It seems that PD gets backdated on FP notice. My PD was also changed to the receipt date on FP notice.

Update: Fingerprint done today

DO: Washington, DC
LPR from: 04/24/2005

02/05/2010 Sent N-400 using usps priority mail
02/07/2010 N-400 recd @ Lockbox (Dallas, TX)
02/10/2010 Check cashed
02/10/2010 PD
02/15/2010 NOA
02/24/10 RFE notice sent (txt/email 02/26/10)
03/02/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: 03/10/2010)
03/10/2010 FP done
XX/XX/20XX Transferred to local office
XX/XX/20XX IL received
XX/XX/20XX ID
XX/XX/20XX OD

Yellow letter received today.

3/5/10 - date on the letter
3/8/10 - date on the envelope
3/11/10 - YL received date

No case status or LUD changes.

Updated info following my fingerprinting today.

DO: Seattle
02/01 n400 mailed USPS Priority to PHX lockbox
02/03 n-400 received per USPS tracking
02/03 priority date (reassigned after FP notice received)
02/16 NOA received
02/22/2010 FP notice received (scheduled: 03/11/2010
03/11/2010 FP done

Friends-

Good news, called today nice lady who picked up the phone confirmed that our application are processed and gave us NBC*.. She also indicated that bio metrics notice is sent yday for both of us... but online status says following..

"On February 12, 2010, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

PS: IF you sent app to TX its taking about 30 days to process so please hang in there.. good luck

glrao, that is a great news. Glad to know that your applications were well received and are in the process. Let's hope it will be no more delay.

My wife got Yellow letter today. All it says is bring Driver license. Her PD is before mine, hope i will get it next week

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrapped up my FP appt today. Got to the Charlotte ASC just as they were opening the doors. There were probably about 10 people ahead of me. The lady at the first counter asked for my Appt Letter and Permanent Resident card and then handed me a short form to fill out. (I also got a booklet with the civics test so I guess I better start studying!) I must be a quick writer because I was done with my form first and was the first person to be fingerprinted. The finger printing itself took about 10 min because the machine was having a hard time scanning my prints. All in all the whole process from arriving at the ASC to leaving took about 25 min.

Wrapped up my FP appt today. Got to the Charlotte ASC just as they were opening the doors. There were probably about 10 people ahead of me. The lady at the first counter asked for my Appt Letter and Permanent Resident card and then handed me a short form to fill out. (I also got a booklet with the civics test so I guess I better start studying!) I must be a quick writer because I was done with my form first and was the first person to be fingerprinted. The finger printing itself took about 10 min because the machine was having a hard time scanning my prints. All in all the whole process from arriving at the ASC to leaving took about 25 min.

Good job.. one more down one to go (interview).. did you notice if they check for Appt date in Charlotte ASC?

Hi Anya4ever,

What time is your interview? I am scheduled at 9am but my wife ID is 4/10/10.
Your process is quicker than me.

Hi Anya4ever,

What time is your interview? I am scheduled at 9am but my wife ID is 4/10/10.
Your process is quicker than me.

My interview is at 2:40pm. Do you know if they're strict about time, or can we walk in earlier like with FPs