2010 december N-400 tracker

On 16th Received a text message and email - Case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled :)
Staus on the site changed to Testing and Interview :)

Yes, it varies from place to place and from time to time. When my wife applied three years ago, we just showed up and applied, now we tried to do the same for my daughter and they told us to get an appointment. The application process takes 5 minutes or less including taking the picture, maybe there is some behind the scenes work that warrants doing this by appointment.
If you go to http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/ you'll get a list of places where the apply and whether or not you need an appointment.

a week after oath my status in the website still testing and interview... i don't know if they just do not update sometime.
in Raleigh NC, you need to wait more than 4 weeks for an appointment to apply for passport.
Sarah18 if you plan to travel somewhere book an appointment now....

My wife received an interview letter with an interview date of 4/25. But I haven't received any interview letter yet. Both of our cases got updated at the same time and online status shows Testing and Interview.

Is this normal or should I call USCIS to inquire about my letter?

My wife received an interview letter with an interview date of 4/25. But I haven't received any interview letter yet. Both of our cases got updated at the same time and online status shows Testing and Interview.

You should probably wait until next week, in all probability you should receive your IL by then. It is not unusual for the interview for you to happen on a different date than your spouse.

It's been 2 months and 3 weeks since I did my finger prints, my case is yet to be transferred to local office. Does anyone have any idea if this is normal or not. I'm getting very frustrated, every time I call USCIS they tell me I'm still within the precessing time frame. Every one in my time frame have gotten their IL or have been interviewed already. My DO is Atlanta. Please!! help with your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might very well be normal situation depending on how busy your local office is. In most cases the local office refuses to accept transfer if they already have enough cases at hand which can case delay in your application.
That been said you still need to call USCIS and somehow manage to get your call passed to a 2nd level supervisor. Only 2nd level can tell you the exact reason of the delay. The 1st level will give you generic info like your case is still within time or so
I know this is very frustrating but I am sure that you will hear something very soon. You have already waited long enough

It's been 2 months and 3 weeks since I did my finger prints, my case is yet to be transferred to local office. Does anyone have any idea if this is normal or not. I'm getting very frustrated, every time I call USCIS they tell me I'm still within the precessing time frame. Every one in my time frame have gotten their IL or have been interviewed already. My DO is Atlanta. Please!! help with your comments.

We are on the same boat. My PD is December 10 and my DO is Los Angeles. I was told by tier 2 customer service at USCIS that Los Angeles DO is very busy, and that my application is still waiting for the next available slot.

a week after oath my status in the website still testing and interview... i don't know if they just do not update sometime.
in Raleigh NC, you need to wait more than 4 weeks for an appointment to apply for passport.
Sarah18 if you plan to travel somewhere book an appointment now....

thankxxx for the info.. i called the cary and apex postoffice.. they require a one week prior appointment... when applying for passport , can someone tell me, when you click on processing fees its says $140 for passport book and card.. is this card like a citizenship card.. and can it be used to travel to canada instead of the passport.

I am in the same boat. Wife received IL on friday i.e. 03/18 with the date of 04/25.. No letter received for me yet.

Status were updated on the same day.

thanks nnanz. got the interview letter today for 4/25.

up2010_dec17 - we can meet up on 4/25 at Newark... :)

Yay! :) My online status finally changed to "Testing and Interview". It's been a long wait!

Dec 8 - mailed N400 to Phoenix AZ lockbox DO: Los Angeles
Dec 10 - delivery confirmation by USPS
Dec 14 - check cashed
Dec 15 = email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
Dec 17 - received NOA in mail; PD Dec 10
Dec 20 - online status on USCIS website updated to RFE mailed on December 20, 2010
Dec. 28 - FP notice in mail (Jan 10, 2011 appointment)
Jan 7 - walk-in fingerprint
Feb. 7 - received YL in mail asking me to bring Driver's License to the interview
March 22 - online case status updated to "Testing and Interview"

Finished my naturalization oath ceremony today, details here: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?151918-San-Jose-CA-N-400-Timeline&p=2281363#post2281363

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/04/10: N-400 sent to Phoenix
12/13/10: NOA received
12/28/10: RFE sent
01/04/11: Biometrics done
01/19/11: Case transferred to local office, DO: San Jose, CA
01/24/11: Received interview letter, scheduled for 02/23
02/23/11: Interview done, passed [oath letter to be mailed]
03/05/11: Received oath letter for Thursday, 03/24/11 at Campbell Heritage Theatre
03/24/11: Naturalization oath ceremony done
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------