2010 december N-400 tracker

Just had my interview today. The oath ceremony was done in the afternoon. Got the natualization paper with 28 other people from 20 countries.

The San Jose DO and San Francisco DO are generally taking 4 months on average for processing. By the time of oath ceremony my case processing time would be 10 days short of the 4 month average.

Also, since you have your interview on 3/21 in San Jose, once you are done with the interview, you can ask the IO if you can be accommodated for the oath on 3/24. There have been some people who have reported getting the oath letter in hand, in Oct and Nov last year at the San Jose DO. [posted in the San Jose N400 tracker ]

thank you for the information.

Happy to see things moving for all. Congratulations nnanz, Chloeguo and Sarah!

Thanks and congratulations to you too, JMG1010. You were amongst the first ones in and first ones out from the Dec '10 filers group.

Last edited by a moderator:
MY wife and I had our interviews today. passed with no issues. No same say day oath letter Oath letter will be sent via mail.

DO San Jose,CA
---

12/27/2010 - [day 00] Application mailed to Phoenix Lockbox . (my application and my wife's)
12/29/2010 - [day 02] Applications received.
12/31/2010 - [day 04] Checks cashed
1/06/2011 - [day 11] NOA received PD: 12/30/2010
1/26/2011 - [day 30] E-mail: Fingerprint notice mailed
1/31/2011 - [day35] Received Fingerprint notice for 2/18/11
2/2/2011 - [day 37] Walk in Biometrics done ( will really be traveling on 2/18)
2/4/2011 - [day 39] E-mail: case transferred to local office
2/8/2011 - [day 43] Interview letter received for March 11th DO: San Jose
3/11/2011 [day 74] Interview date - passed interview , recommended for approval wait for Oath letter via mail

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations to everyone who passed the test and are on the way to oath...congrats to dec2010... how long was the oath ceremony... in durham ,nc...

congratulations to everyone who passed the test and are on the way to oath...congrats to dec2010... how long was the oath ceremony... in durham ,nc...

Hi, my appointment was at 1:30, got there at 1:15, we started the ceremony at 2:00 finished at 2:50, it was cool. 59 people from 22 countries, actualy one guy did not show up.
national anthem, immigration director did the speech, we took oath, president Obama speech, than they called us by row and you get your citizen certificate, you need to check your name and info, because if you leave with a mistake on it or you lose it it cost more than $600 to replace it.

best wishes to everyone...

I did my FP on 1/24 and got my YL on 2/14. There are absolutely no updates after that. Online status has not been updated too and it still dates back to 12/28/2010 when the FP RFE was sent. Has it slowed down suddenly? Any updates from other members who filed during the same time-frame?

I did my FP on 1/24 and got my YL on 2/14. There are absolutely no updates after that. Online status has not been updated too and it still dates back to 12/28/2010 when the FP RFE was sent. Has it slowed down suddenly? Any updates from other members who filed during the same time-frame?

At this point, the case to be transferred to your local office, and some DOs are processing cases faster than the others.

The thing to check would be the tracker or timelines of other applicants, for your DO.

you are right nnanz :)

Just got an update today - "Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled"

Update

Updated my I-9. I work in a university, nobody knew what to do, I kept bouncing off between the international office, payroll and my department. Finally somebody researched it and it was established that the International Office should handle it. :mad:
Also, I applied for passport yesterday, I had to wait two weeks to get an appointment at the local USPS, so if you need your passport soon, you should probably request an appointment before the oath ceremony. :cool:

You need an appointment for the passport application?

For my wife's passport that she got two years ago, we had all the paperwork and the photos, etc., completed, and then simply walked into the main post office up to a counter. They directed us to an inner office, where the lady went over everything, including the taking of the photo. Took about 20 minutes, which is blazing fast for a post office in our town.

When my son turned 18, which was about 10 months ago, I took him to our local courthouse (no prior appointment) again with all the paperwork (sans the photos). They took the photos (there is a charge for that), went over everything, and accepted the application.

in Raleigh area the closest day to apply for a passport is April 19, i think they do it on purpose, they want to make you pay for the fastest way...
where else can we apply beside USPS stores ??