2010 december N-400 tracker

My DO is Los Angeles and also stuck in RFE and YL.

Dec 8 - mailed N400 to Phoenix AZ lockbox
Dec 10 - delivery confirmation by USPS
Dec 14 - check cashed
Dec 15 = email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
Dec 17 - received NOA in mail; PD Dec 10
Dec 20 - online status on USCIS website updated to RFE mailed on December 20, 2010
Dec. 28 - FP notice in mail (Jan 10, 2011 appointment)
Jan 7 - walk-in fingerprint
Feb. 7 - received YL in mail asking me to bring Driver's License to the interview

Updating tracker -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/04/10: N-400 sent to Phoenix
12/13/10: NOA received
12/28/10: RFE sent
01/04/11: Biometrics done
01/19/11: Case transferred to local office, DO: San Jose, CA
02/23/11: Interview done, passed [oath letter to be mailed]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deatils on interview experience here:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?151918-San-Jose-CA-N-400-Timeline&p=2272989#post2272989

Hi folks,
I had my interview appointment this morning at 7:45am, went there shaking because I did not disclose a speeding ticket (question16-citation), I do not have any paper to prove it, and 2 days ago I recalled that I have an ID in California with an address over there that I did not disclose, went through security, got my appointment ticket, waited for about 10 minutes, a nice IO, very professional called my name, walked me into his office, he reviewed some questions, not all, I forgot to check a question, he checked it with his pen.
NB: I have a speeding ticket, but I answered “NO” to question 16, he asked me, have you ever been arrested, cited… I said “NO” he passed to the next question.
After he finished he asked me to sign the application
Then he asked me 6 questions:
1-What is the supreme law of the land?
4-What is an amendment?
34-who vetoes bills?
44-what is the capital of your state?
52-what do we show loyalty to when we say the pledge of allegiance?
81-who did United States fight in world war-2?
Sentence to read : where is the white house?.
Sentence to write: the white house is in Washington D.C.
Than he put all the papers in my file, He gave me back my Green-Card and said go back to the waiting room, another officer will give you the paper with the oath date. Thanked him went to the waiting room, waited about 5 minutes, an IO called my name and gave me the oath letter, and it was it.
IN-7:45
OUT-8:15
good luck to everybody, do not stress like i did, it is pretty easy.

Congratulations december2010!! You must be very relieved. I'm still waiting for my IL.

I had my interview at Baltimore office earlier today. It was a standard interview:
Asked for passport, green card and driver’s license
Reviewed and updated N-400 (made about 12 notations for various changes, including Q17 -" Have you ever been charged..." where I had answer No, but it should have been Yes)

I had the oath ceremony later in the afternoon with 49 new citizens.

12/03/10: mailed N-400 application to Dallas, TX (USPS Regular Mail from MD)
12/07/10: Receipt date
12/11/10: email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
12/20/10: FP Notice. FP Scheduled on 1/10/11 in MD
01/10/11: FP Done
01/20/11: IL received
02/24/11: Interview and Oath
Total: 84 days

Called USCIS customer service this morning. The nice lady at Tier 1 escalated me to Tier 2 and I was told that everything was fine on my case and I have been on the interview queue since Jan 14 (4days after fingerprinting). I happen to be in Los Angeles CA where the interview schedules are very tight. So I guess patience is a must here...

Dec 8 - mailed N400 to Phoenix AZ lockbox (DO: Los Angeles, CA)
Dec 10 - delivery confirmation by USPS
Dec 14 - check cashed
Dec 15 = email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
Dec 17 - received NOA in mail; PD Dec 10
Dec 20 - online status on USCIS website updated to RFE mailed on December 20, 2010
Dec. 28 - FP notice in mail (Jan 10, 2011 appointment)
Feb. 7 - received YL in mail asking me to bring Driver's License to the interview

Congratulations nomadguru, it appears you are the first one of the December lot!

I had my interview at Baltimore office earlier today. It was a standard interview:
Asked for passport, green card and driver’s license
Reviewed and updated N-400 (made about 12 notations for various changes, including Q17 -" Have you ever been charged..." where I had answer No, but it should have been Yes)

I had the oath ceremony later in the afternoon with 49 new citizens.

12/03/10: mailed N-400 application to Dallas, TX (USPS Regular Mail from MD)
12/07/10: Receipt date
12/11/10: email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
12/20/10: FP Notice. FP Scheduled on 1/10/11 in MD
01/10/11: FP Done
01/20/11: IL received
02/24/11: Interview and Oath
Total: 84 days

Well finally I got an update.

Just got the text message this morning that my case was transfered to the local office.

Just received my YL. It asks to bring the DL the interview.
No mention of the Interview date and no changes on uscis web site :(

PS: I am the last one who mailed his N400 in December and I live in the DC area. Therefore, I am not expecting anything before Summer :(

D.

Oath ceremony update

I had my oath ceremony on March 2nd. 70 other people were getting their oath taken, it was very nice and quite moving. Proud to be an American. you'll get there soon.

Update just got my Interview date..
I guess I am looking at May before I become a citizen.

Received oath letter today. Oath ceremony on Thursday, 03/24/11 at Campbell Heritage Theatre.

01/24/11: Received interview letter, scheduled for 02/23
03/05/11: Received oath letter for Thursday, 03/24/11 at Campbell Heritage Theatre

Last edited by a moderator:

Received oath letter today. Oath ceremony on Thursday, 03/24/11 at Campbell Heritage Theatre.

01/24/11: Received interview letter, scheduled for 02/23
03/05/11: Received oath letter for Thursday, 03/24/11 at Campbell Heritage Theatre

You are so fast.

You are so fast.

The San Jose DO and San Francisco DO are generally taking 4 months on average for processing. By the time of oath ceremony my case processing time would be 10 days short of the 4 month average.

Also, since you have your interview on 3/21 in San Jose, once you are done with the interview, you can ask the IO if you can be accommodated for the oath on 3/24. There have been some people who have reported getting the oath letter in hand, in Oct and Nov last year at the San Jose DO. [posted in the San Jose N400 tracker ]

Last edited by a moderator: