2010 december N-400 tracker

Hi, i apologize folks i have updated my signature a while ago, somehow did not go through, or i did not save it. i thought you could see it.
i have been reading your posts, i think this answer sarah18 questions.
i did not receive a yellow letter, just IL.. but they almost asked me to bring my neighbors with me lol, it ask for... Green-card, taxes, passport, selective service even though i got here at age 30, driver license... i'll keep you posted.
thanks.

FP done today in Alexandria, VA. I got there at 12:40pm ... found 5 couples waiting. My turn came .. had my FP and an "horrible" picture taken ... was out at 12:55pm

December- where do you get such "selective service" document? I came to the US at age 29 .. and I thought we were concerned by this.

Today evening I received YL for me but the online status is the same. No change in it. Still shows the RFE sent - FP Status.
We both H&W applied but received YL only for me.. Documents needed is DL only.

That's great. I hope I'll get my YL/IL soon.

we are not supposed to register for selective service after age 26, but i did 4 years ago because financial aid office asked me to do.
the selective service website is w w w . s s s . gov without spaces.

received Y/L today.. asking to bring driver licence.

Y/L mentions that immigration has completed studying your file and requires you to bring documents mentioned in the letter.In my case driver licence.
I/L is the actual date you are appointed to have your interview, in my case IL came before the Y/L.... the interview letter comes with a white paper also mentioning to bring tax records, passports, ID etc.

I got 3 traffic tickets 5 years back all of them were minor and I paid fine for each them less than $120 each. I mentioned them on the N400 application and I got a letter(YL) saying that you indicated that you have been arrested (I was never arrested). Please bring originals or certified copies of the court dispositions showing how each incident was solved.

What should I do?

I already have copies of court dispositions since I requested them before applying for N400 so that I can use that info on N400.

Now is this enough or do I need certified copies of court dispositions? I should tell the IO that I have never been arrested and show him the court dispositions.

Any one Please clarify ?

N400 instructions say that tickets that didnt result in an arrest need no mention. But anyway ... I would think if you can take certified copies you should to avoid any delays.... this is my personal opinion, I am not a lawyer.

Just received email that case has been transferred to local office. DO: NYC, NY
This is going much faster than I thought. (timeline below). Haven't received YL.

Hi folks,
I had my interview appointment this morning at 7:45am, went there shaking because I did not disclose a speeding ticket (question16-citation), I do not have any paper to prove it, and 2 days ago I recalled that I have an ID in California with an address over there that I did not disclose, went through security, got my appointment ticket, waited for about 10 minutes, a nice IO, very professional called my name, walked me into his office, he reviewed some questions, not all, I forgot to check a question, he checked it with his pen.
NB: I have a speeding ticket, but I answered “NO” to question 16, he asked me, have you ever been arrested, cited… I said “NO” he passed to the next question.
After he finished he asked me to sign the application
Then he asked me 6 questions:
1-What is the supreme law of the land?
4-What is an amendment?
34-who vetoes bills?
44-what is the capital of your state?
52-what do we show loyalty to when we say the pledge of allegiance?
81-who did United States fight in world war-2?
Sentence to read : where is the white house?.
Sentence to write: the white house is in Washington D.C.
Than he put all the papers in my file, He gave me back my Green-Card and said go back to the waiting room, another officer will give you the paper with the oath date. Thanked him went to the waiting room, waited about 5 minutes, an IO called my name and gave me the oath letter, and it was it.
IN-7:45
OUT-8:15
good luck to everybody, do not stress like i did, it is pretty easy.

Hi folks,
I had my interview appointment this morning at 7:45am, went there shaking because I did not disclose a speeding ticket (question16-citation), I do not have any paper to prove it, and 2 days ago I recalled that I have an ID in California with an address over there that I did not disclose, went through security, got my appointment ticket, waited for about 10 minutes, a nice IO, very professional called my name, walked me into his office, he reviewed some questions, not all, I forgot to check a question, he checked it with his pen.
NB: I have a speeding ticket, but I answered “NO” to question 16, he asked me, have you ever been arrested, cited… I said “NO” he passed to the next question.
After he finished he asked me to sign the application
Then he asked me 6 questions:
1-What is the supreme law of the land?
4-What is an amendment?
34-who vetoes bills?
44-what is the capital of your state?
52-what do we show loyalty to when we say the pledge of allegiance?
81-who did United States fight in world war-2?
Sentence to read : where is the white house?.
Sentence to write: the white house is in Washington D.C.
Than he put all the papers in my file, He gave me back my Green-Card and said go back to the waiting room, another officer will give you the paper with the oath date. Thanked him went to the waiting room, waited about 5 minutes, an IO called my name and gave me the oath letter, and it was it.
IN-7:45
OUT-8:15
good luck to everybody, do not stress like i did, it is pretty easy.

congratulations december2010. great news!

Congratulations december2010!!! :). I am still stuck to the YL I received first week of February :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys, do not worry, i have learned from people's experience that ones you receive the Yellow letter it is just a matter of time, YL means your file went through all the steps needed, they just need to schedule a time for the interview, and this depend of the number of applicants in your area, that's why you see for some people it takes less time than others... in Raleigh, NC the process takes between 2.5 and 3 months, in the other hand in new york it is up to 5 months and some times more depending on the number of questions they need to investigate.
best wishes for everybody.

received Y/L today.. asking to bring driver licence.

Y/L mentions that immigration has completed studying your file and requires you to bring documents mentioned in the letter.In my case driver licence.
I/L is the actual date you are appointed to have your interview, in my case IL came before the Y/L.... the interview letter comes with a white paper also mentioning to bring tax records, passports, ID etc.

just let you know my oath ceremony appointment in Durham,NC is march 11, you might get it the same day..

Online status still shows RFE sent in Dec last year .. :(
Has USCIS slowed down?

I am on the same spot. My priority date is nov 30 I took my finger prints on 1/11/2011 recieved YL on 1/24/2011 since then nothing all silence, no activity at all what so ever. Online status RFE since DEC 20. I'm starting to panic. DO NEWARK NJ :(