2010 december N-400 tracker

Chicago N-400

I'm from Illinois. Below are the details of my N-400:

12/30/2010 : N-400 Sent to Phoenix, AZ (USPS Priority)
01/03/2011 : N-400 Received Date
01/03/2011 : N-400 Priority Date
01/10/2011 : NOA Received

I did a walk-in for my biometrics today at 8:00 am. My original schedule is on Monday Jan 10 at 12noon. Everything went smooth, and no issues at all. The technician told me that it takes only about 3 hours to get the results transmitted.

Dec 8 - mailed N400 to Phoenix AZ lockbox
Dec 10 - delivery confirmation by USPS
Dec 14 - check cashed
Dec 15 = email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
Dec 17 - received NOA in mail; PD Dec 10
Dec 20 - online status on USCIS website updated to RFE mailed on December 20, 2010
Dec. 28 - FP notice in mail (Jan 10, 2011 appointment)
Jan 7 - Fingerprint walk-in

according to my experience, early walk in FP doesnt make any difference. it still takes 4-5 business days to transfer the case to the local uscis office. if you did fingerprint on jan. 7th, then your case will be transferred to local office after 4-5 days which is by jan 12th or 13th ... but since your original FP appointment was scheduled for jan 10, 2011, your case will be transferred by the 14th or the 17th... kindly let me know when you get your case transferred to the local office so i know FOR SURE that the early FP doesn't matter.
I've seen some posts where users are saying it makes a difference, but so far i haven't seen any difference...

Hi. I mailed my N400 app package on Dec 23rd. It was received on Dec 27th, check encashed on Dec 31st and received the NOA around Jan 3rd and dated Dec 29th (my dates might be off by a day or two. I dont have my receipts with me right now.). I signed up for e-mail updates and yesterday, Jan 10th I received a RFE notice. I am applying based on LPR 3 years married to an U.S. citizen (....yes still living with her and our two lil's girls, our siberian huskies ! :)...). As far as we are concerned, we both went over the docs checklist and we are pretty sure we mailed out more evidence than what it is normally required, so we are a bit confused about what is it that we might have missed? Anybody has any idea? Btw, I sent everything to the Lockbox in Lewisville, TX, and so far they seem to be doing a speedy job!!! Thanks!

Hi ask_gc,
do you know that you can get finger print process before your appointment ? you cango and get rid of it as soon as you can as we did... you don't have to wait to the 24th.

Hi ask_gc,
do you know that you can get finger print process before your appointment ? you cango and get rid of it as soon as you can as we did... you don't have to wait to the 24th.

Sure, I will.. Most probably sometime during next week. I hope getting FP done before the scheduled date is alright..

I got an email notification today that a letter with an interview appointment has been sent to me. The step on USCIS website: Testing and interview. Wow, it is going pretty fast, I had my FP taken 8 days ago. So I guess I need to start going through the questions... :)

Website says its taking 5 months to complete the proccess. seems like things are moving along faster :))
Anyone from tampa? How advisable is it to do a walk-in for the finger printing?
G'luck all

Dec 27, 2010 - mailed n400 (to Dallas)
Jan 10, 2011 - RFE letter mailed
Jan 15, 2011 - FP notice in mail (scheduled for Jan 25)
Jan 25, 2011 - FP done

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know when you case is transferred to local office, do you get a text message? I did my FP since Dec 30, I'm not sure if my case have been transferred of not.

How do you know when you case is transferred to local office, do you get a text message? I did my FP since Dec 30, I'm not sure if my case have been transferred of not.

You will get an email/sms if you setup for automatic updates.

I did mine on the 30th but I wasn't scheduled until the 7th of Jan.

I wouldn't be surprised if I get an SMS this week ( although not today since its MLK)

I hoped to be able to edit my signature (hereunder) but couldn't. Any help will be appreciated.

N400 Process: Washington DC Office
12/31/10 Application mailed
01/06/11 Application received
01/06/11 Priority Date
01/07/11 NOA Date
01/09/11 Check Cashed

I hoped to be able to edit my signature (hereunder) but couldn't. Any help will be appreciated.

N400 Process: Washington DC Office
12/31/10 Application mailed
01/06/11 Application received
01/06/11 Priority Date
01/07/11 NOA Date
01/09/11 Check Cashed

click on settings... go to left side of the screen...click on my signature under my settings... change it

congrat JMG1010 you are the second one to have case transferred from December. have you received a letter or seen on the website ?

Thanks!, so far it's been very smooth. I got the notification on the website. I'm curious to see how fast it goes in the local office in Philadelphia.

Walk-in FP done today, the security lady and immigration officer made a big deal out of it. I explained to them I could not make the scheduled appointment next Monday because of traveling, they oked it after some discussion but told me that I might have to wait two hours. It turned out much faster than they estimated, my name was called in 15 minutes, because there were only FIVE customers were waiting in the whole service center!!!

Anyway, it is not advised to do early walk-in in Portland OR office unless you have legit reason.