2010 August N-400 tracker

Hi Al Southner

You mean that your interview has been scheduled on Jan 5, 2011? So the IL was mailed about 3 months in advance?

Thanks

Al souther
Wow interview date 3 months in advance? thats a killer wait!!! my interview date was about 5 weeks after i got the letter in the mail and it was a more painfull wait than when i was waiting for them to issue the interview letter after i did the finger print (which was about 5/6 weeks also)
Anyway congrats and i wish you all the best!!

CBlinx + Sp Under 5-yr rule,
DO: Raleigh-Durham, NC
PR since Sept 2005

07/29/2010 (Day 1) Mail to Lewisville, TX 75067
08/01/2010 (Day 4) Application Received
08/02/2010 (Day 5) Priority Date
08/05/2010 (Day 7) Money Order Cleared (Cahsed)
08/09/2010 (Day 11) NOA rec'd
08/11/2010 (Day 13) RFE Date
08/13/2010 (Day 15) RFE Email received
08/16/2010 (Day 18) FP Notice Rec'd
08/25/2010 (Day 27) FP Done
10/07/2010 (Day 70) Case trasferred to Local Office
10/09/2010 (Day 72) Interview Notice recv'd
11/10/2010 (Day 102) Interview Date
12/10/2010 (Day 132) Oath date
12/10/2010 (Day 132) USC :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

It's been seven weeks since I had my FP done and I haven't heard a thing.
Think it's worth giving USCIS a call and see if they can tell me anything?

John

Hey guys,

It's been seven weeks since I had my FP done and I haven't heard a thing.
Think it's worth giving USCIS a call and see if they can tell me anything?

John

Hopefully my comment wouldn't discourage you, but the folks on the other end of the 1 (800) 375-5283 is useless, all they can tell you (at least in my friend's case) is to wait...
I wonder if an infopass is helpful...

No reason to call USCIS now.....

Got email/txt message today......case Transferred to Local Office.:D

Hopefully will get IL letter in a couple of days.

Never received a Yellow Letter....not sure if that's good or bad....:confused:

Finally moving along again....

Congratulations immigrat123!!!

What's the date you became perm resident in 2005?

No reason to call USCIS now.....

Got email/txt message today......case Transferred to Local Office.:D

Hopefully will get IL letter in a couple of days.

Never received a Yellow Letter....not sure if that's good or bad....:confused:

Finally moving along again....

Received my Interview Letter today. Interview is scheduled for 11/23/10.

The letter specifies that I bring:
IL Letter
Green Card
Evidence of Selective Service Registration
Passports.

Are those pretty generic items requested of everyone?

John

John,

My interview is on Nov 19. I had exactly the same list, with an additional line for items that don't apply to me (i.e., if I were applying through my spouse or if I were applying as a member of the US armed forces).

- Trevor

Trevor,

I had that additional line too, I should have mentioned it. They don't apply to me either.

My appointment is scheduled for 7:00 am! Which is great for me but I can believe they actually get up that early!:rolleyes:

Good luck with your interview and let us know how you make out.

John

CBLinx: Our processing dates are moving exactly at the same pace. Still 5 working days apart :)

How did the interview go? I published my interview experience in the July N-400 thread. Our Oath Date will be 12/10. When is yours?

Cheers.

How did the interview go? I published my interview experience in the July N-400 thread. Our Oath Date will be 12/10. When is yours?

Cheers.

Congratulations to you CBlinx. I haven't had a chance to sit down and write, but here it is!

I arrived 15 minutes before the appointment. My name was called around 20 minutes after the appointment time. The officer came to the door and invited me in. I will say that I have rarely met people in my life with the respectful and smiling demeanor this officer had. After the oath, I sat down. He asked me smilingly if I was prepared for the test. I said I haven't prepared for a test like this since my graduate school. He smiled and started going through the application from the beginning and reconfirmed some of the answers I gave. He asked me if my wife was outside. I said no and that we have 2 little kids who would neither sit still nor stay quiet :) He asked me if I wanted to change my name. I said yes and he printed some additional forms. Then we got to the "arrest" section. I had a DUI from early 2006. Believe it or not, he empathized with me and said an incident like that can change one's life. He even recounted a story of someone in his family getting a DUI. He asked me if I had any tickets (I had not declared any tickets on the application form). I asked him if he is referring to the last 13 years I have been in the US. He said yes. I mentioned there were 5 moving violations. I don't know if I am imagining, but he seemed a little surprised (may be because DUI + 5 tickets is a character issue?). He asked me if they were all speeding tickets. I said no and explained what they were - improper lane use, speeding, running red light etc. I also said one of them was reduced to parking ticket and another given PJC. He then looked at the dates and said the probation for DUI has coincided with the 3 year statutory period (marriage based) and that there might be a problem. Without acting like he knows everything, he started reading the related rules from his rule book. He was trying to understand the clause and made no secret of the fact that he is not sure. He said he also doesn't come across SIS that often. I had a 2 year SIS, at the end of which my conviction was removed. It is also not on my driving record. The last part of the rule he read out said that probation falling in the statutory period cannot be considered as "lack of good moral character", but that it can be used in making the determination whether the applicant is of good moral character. At this point, he left the office after excusing himself. He returned a few minutes later and said "You should be good to go". He then referenced various clauses in the remarks section of the application and then approved it! He even joked about him over-writing section namea - (a) over (b) etc to the point that it was unreadable :) The entire time he had a remarkably pleasant and friendly demeanor that actually kept me very calm and collected. He then asked me to read and write a sentence. Next step was the test. He asked me 6 questions and he wrote down all the answers I gave. I got all 6 right. He even joked about one of my answers that I thought was pretty gutsy coming from an immigration officer (I think he was working real hard to keep me at ease). He said congratulations and that I passed the test. Asked me to wait outside for another officer to give me my oath letter. He said my oath might have to wait till Jan because of the name change. At this point I requested if I could get the oath done after Jan 15, since I will be traveling outside the country. He made a note on a sticky note and put on top of the file. I waited outside and in 2 minutes he came outside and smilingly said "Today I am doing everything. Congratulations!" He handed me the approval notice and said I should get the oath date in the mail. I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet but I am traveling for a month starting mid December. Hopefully I will get something soon.

Friends - Here is my only advice. Don't drink and drive! Even if you manage not to kill yourself or anyone around you, you are very likely going to destroy something else that you value in your life!

Oath Ceremony: Baltimore, MD
Guys,

I am done with USCIS. I had a ceremony this morning at 9am, and the entire process was just chaotic. We arrived there at 8:45am, sat in RM 101 which also handles info pass people. At 9am, the Sr. Officer came and directed us to the elevators, which took us to the 7th floor to a room called "naturalization room"... I would estimate about 45 people were naturalizing this morning. Naturalization candidates and their families sat together, they didn't separate people. The first order was an instruction on how to complete the N445 form, followed by a video presentation of the The Star-Spangled Banner. We were ask us to line up with our green cards and oath ceremony notification, to submit the N445 and the green card, which were quickly taken and the naturalization certificates shown to each candidate to verify that the data was correct. We were given an envelope, containing A Voter's Guide, Declaration of Independence, Citizen Almanac, Certificate Folder, Letter from President Obama, and the flag. We proceeded to sit down and watch a small video on what other naturalized candidates said about their naturalization and becoming US citizens. The judge we were told, was en route and he didn't show-up for about 10-15 minutes. When he finally showed up, was about 9:50 or so, nice gentleman wearing a "judgy robe". He gave us a short speech about the importance of being citizens, implored us to consider serving in area of national security importance and our government really need us. He proceeded to ask us to stand and take Oath of Allegiance. All naturalization candidates stood to their feet (what else would they stand on?), except that 90% of the people were still 1/2 asleep and no cheering or waiving of the flags, pretty early to be a patriot already, I thought quietly. As soon as we finished the Oath, we were congratulated and the Judge was on his way. The Sr. Officer took the podium and ask us to all stand, so we can pledge our loyalty to the flag, it was at the time the flag decided to flee the venue, by doing back flips through the window and all way down to the garden. However, we continue reciting until we were all done. It was at that time, they started handing out the certificates to all candidates, your name was called and you went forward received the certificate. Observation, we had candidates who received their naturalization certificates with the original photos which they initially mailed in with their application, and those who had a digitized photo taken at the ASC during finger printing. I have a digitized photo and except it is a little dark, due to poor lighting, not a big deal. People were implored to check again, that the information contained there was correct and if changes needed to be made, immediately inform the officers there. After handing out the certificate, people stood and started taking pictures and celebrating with each other. Unfortunately, one guy didn't bother to bathe or iron his clothes, because lack of hygiene is not a dis-qualifier but he looked happy to be done, I implored him to consult his shower in a celebratory mode too...

Overall, nothing to write home about, far from memorable due to poor organizational skills displayed there this morning. I am glad I left my Nana at home, she would have gone crazy at the inefficiencies there. As for how to sign your naturalization certificate, we were told that it has to be legible, not your check signature. By 10:15am we were done and my wife and I were headed to our car. I celebrated by going at 120mph on I-95, which helped me cover 27 miles in 10 minutes. I am an American now, you can throw me out or judge my morals....yupppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!....