2010 August N-400 tracker

Service center: Phoenix, AZ
Local office: Columbus, OH

Interviewed on schedule and approved. Waiting on oath letter.

Day -1886 : 04/28/1986 : Green card received
Day 0 : 08/26/2010 : N-400 Sent USPS 1st class
Day 4 : 08/30/2010: N-400 Received by USCIS
(sent cashier's check, so no date available on that)
Day 4 : 08/30/2010: NOA received date and priority date
Day 7 : 09/02/2010: NOA date
Day 12 : 09/07/2010 : NOA Rec.
Day 28 : 09/23/2010 : FP letter Rec.
Day 48 : 10/13/2010 : FP Scheduled
Day 48 : 10/13/2010 : FP done
xx/xx/2010 : Case sent to local off.
Day 53 : 10/18/2010 : Interview Letter
Day 85 : 11/19/2010 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2010 : Oath Date
xx/xx/2010 : USC Date
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Application
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Received

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, I received 54 text messages on my blackberry as acceptance of my application (for two N-400). Is this normal? has anyone received so many messages. I had filed G1145. After this I have started receiving other junk/Spam on my phone starting today. Never had a single SPAM on my blackberry before. Any expereinces with any one? I tried to do a search but could not find any thread covering this topic?? This already cost me more than $12.00

DO: Newark, NJ

08/31/2010 : N-400 Sent
09/01/2010 : N-400 recd @ Lockbox (Dallas, TX)
09/07/2010 : Text Message received
xx/xx/2010 : PD
xx/xx/2010 : NOA Rec.
xx/xx/2010 : RFE notice sent (txt/email xx/xx/10)
xx/xx/2010 : FP notice recd (scheduled: xx/xx/10)

DO:Atlanta
08/13/2010 : Received Date
08/13/2010 : Priority Date
08/24/2010 : Rec. FP Letter
09/08/2010 : FP Scheduled
09/08/2010 : FP Done
xx/xx/20xx : Interview Letter
xx/xx/20xx : Interview Date
xx/xx/20xx : Oath Date

I did send my N-400 a couple days ago my journey has start.Also I just create the September tracker. Good luck to every one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El calichin

This thread is pathetic, I don't see anyone doing anything. It seems as if in August, no one cared to naturalize, I am sure there many people here...

Al,

I can't wait till I get citizenship!!!!

Everyday seems like a month waiting for the mail to come!:mad:

I just want to know what's taking them so bleeping long to send me the IL letter!!!!;)

Al,

I can't wait till I get citizenship!!!!

Everyday seems like a month waiting for the mail to come!:mad:

I just want to know what's taking them so bleeping long to send me the IL letter!!!!;)

I am sure USCIS it waiting for the Boston weather to turn vicious, and will send you the interview letter, only to call you and cancel due to upcoming snow storm......lol!! It appears that they mailed the letter, was delivered to Mitt Romney's house who used it to straighten his hair....:(

Al, I'm starting to believe your right......there's got to be others in this time frame who are curious what other people are doing to keep their sanity while waiting....waiting......waiting....waiting......:confused:

I mentioned in the "Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine" thread that I was sent to Cranston RI for my FP even though I live in Plymouth MA.

Does anyone know if I'll have my Interview in the Providence, RI office or Boston, MA? Or does the USCIS just flip a coin.:confused:

I hope it's Providence, I hate going into Boston.

Folks,

Just got update from USCIS that my case got transferred to local office. Since many of you who filed in august got your IL, which is scheduled before 5yrs/3yrs(if filing based on marriage), I would like to know whether you are planning to reschedule your interview on or after 5yrs/3yrs or just go on the interview date itself?
I have seen many cases got put on hold when the interview happened before 5yrs/3yrs even though the applicant passed the interview.

Please share your thoughts.

see my signature for the actual timeline.

Well, aus, if you look at the thread I started at this forum under this very section in July, you would notice I had to withdraw the previous application and paid the fee again for the new application for filing 2 days before the 90 days mark (I am under the 5-yr rule). I received two letters confirming the withdrawal of my applications: one from the USCIS and the other from my local USCIS field office director. And the interview date (11/2/2010) they scheduled for me now is way passed the 5-yr cut (10/20/2010). So getting your FP done on the scheduled date may actually be beneficial to folks who try to get their applications through 90 days before the 5-yr mark, because you will end up waiting anyway if your interview day is schedule before your 5-yr residency is completed.

Hi aus
If you filed N-400 less than 90 day(to be safe about 80 days) before 5 yrs/3 yrs then you are fine going to the interview even if it is before 5 yrs/3 yrs residency completion. But if you pass, the decision can not be made until the residency requirement has been met. I will recommend not to reschedule the appointment if this applies to your case.

james18_1990,

You can find out on the spreadsheet for August here:

immigrat123: Thanks for your comment! Yes, I check that spreadsheet daily. However, those few August filers who received the "transfer to local office" notification have NOT indicated whether they received the yellow letter as well. And that made me wonder...

james18_1990,
immigrat123: Thanks for your comment! Yes, I check that spreadsheet daily. However, those few August filers who received the "transfer to local office" notification have NOT indicated whether they received the yellow letter as well. And that made me wonder...

Good point.

It's been almost six weeks since my FP was completed and I haven't heard a thing.:mad:

But hopefully soon I'll see some moment with my application.....:rolleyes:

james18_1990,

You can find out on the spreadsheet for August here:

\\\

James,

No Yellow Letter for me and I am scheduled for interview for Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 11am. I already received the interview letter. Once you receive a message for transfer to the local office, in another 3-7 days of receiving that message, your interview notice arrive in the mail by a horse. The interview notice comes from NBC, not the local office but it is the local office which handles all the rescheduling. I hope you won't wonder any more....lol!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
\\\

James,

No Yellow Letter for me and I am scheduled for interview for Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 11am. I already received the interview letter. Once you receive a message for transfer to the local office, in another 3-7 days of receiving that message, your interview notice arrive in the mail by a horse. The interview notice comes from NBC, not the local office but it is the local office which handles all the rescheduling. I hope you won't wonder any more....lol!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Al Southner and good luck with the interview.
What's your time line, if you don't mind...