2010 April N-400 Tracker

I and my spouse cleared our interview today. Our's was N-470 based application. Officer was very polite and professional. As he did not handled N-470 cases before he pulled in Director's help and was able to clear the case in most professional manner. He also helped us to get Oath Date 8/20 which is really nice on his part.

This forum has helped me a lot to prepare for N-470 based N-400 case.Thanks Everyone for your help.
Hello abc_xyz:Congratulations on your success.
I could not respond earlier, as I am travelling. In fact, I will be flying back just in time for my oath on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you take an infopass appointment and find out. Worth trying.

Sorry to hear that. My wife had interview 3 days before you. She got her OL. Hope for the best.

I call today USCIS customer service , the lady told me am not shedule until now and my case recomnded for approval . she told me u have to wait from 30-120 day's

Any way now am sure that they don't send me oath letter and lost in the mail:eek:

Hello everybody!!!

Finally i am home, i am a citizen now and still sounds surreal, my story start a 6am, getting ready to be there, got there at 7am, i live really close, my appointment was a 740am, at 745am i was outside of the building waiting to be open, I was like number 10 on the line, the security guy was very slow, i made it to the 15th floor by 750am, gave my appointment to the lady in window 1, i thought we were going to be call by the time of our appointments, to my surprise the start to call people randomly, i guess, because I was called at 940am. at this point my heart went to my stomach!

The officer was a black african american woman, she was very nice and kind of funny, she told me to tell the truth and I swore, and seat, the asked question of the end of the n400, like arrested, prostitution, drugs, all of those, after that she asked for my passport and my green card, she gave some papers, told me to check if everything was spell right, everything was ok, and she starts telling me to write: "lincoln was the president during the civil war" and i told her why lincoln, i am going to misspell it, and i was right, she told me to put the L in the right place, and told me to sing underneath.

after that the question:
1. longest river in the usa.
2. we elect the president for how many years?
3. who live in america before the european arrived?
4. when was the declaration on independence adopted?

I have been trying to remember and i am almost 95% sure that she didn't asked me for questions, but not sure the other 5% after that I signed more papers, and tole me told me to wait in the waiting area to be call for the oath.

The whole interview process took less than 5 minutes. I still can't believe that! was so fast!

I was call around 11am, check my names, everything was right, and they sent me to the room with the other new american citizens, around 1130am, i had everything in my hand!!! and i was taking pics with mr and mrs obama!

Now I am a US citizen...on my way tomorrow morning to philadelphia to get my passport. NYC passport office didn't have any appointments until next monday!

Once again!!!!

Thank yo so much to everybody in this forum for all your help all these years, I really appreciated!

Hello everybody!!!

Finally i am home, i am a citizen now and still sounds surreal, my story start a 6am, getting ready to be there, got there at 7am, i live really close, my appointment was a 740am, at 745am i was outside of the building waiting to be open, I was like number 10 on the line, the security guy was very slow, i made it to the 15th floor by 750am, gave my appointment to the lady in window 1, i thought we were going to be call by the time of our appointments, to my surprise the start to call people randomly, i guess, because I was called at 940am. at this point my heart went to my stomach!

The officer was a black african american woman, she was very nice and kind of funny, she told me to tell the truth and I swore, and seat, the asked question of the end of the n400, like arrested, prostitution, drugs, all of those, after that she asked for my passport and my green card, she gave some papers, told me to check if everything was spell right, everything was ok, and she starts telling me to write: "lincoln was the president during the civil war" and i told her why lincoln, i am going to misspell it, and i was right, she told me to put the L in the right place, and told me to sing underneath.

after that the question:
1. longest river in the usa.
2. we elect the president for how many years?
3. who live in america before the european arrived?
4. when was the declaration on independence adopted?

I have been trying to remember and i am almost 95% sure that she didn't asked me for questions, but not sure the other 5% after that I signed more papers, and tole me told me to wait in the waiting area to be call for the oath.

The whole interview process took less than 5 minutes. I still can't believe that! was so fast!

I was call around 11am, check my names, everything was right, and they sent me to the room with the other new american citizens, around 1130am, i had everything in my hand!!! and i was taking pics with mr and mrs obama!

Now I am a US citizen...on my way tomorrow morning to philadelphia to get my passport. NYC passport office didn't have any appointments until next monday!

Once again!!!!

Thank yo so much to everybody in this forum for all your help all these years, I really appreciated!

Congrats. Waiting for my Interview letter

Emmo, any word from USCIS regarding interview letter? What is going on, why the delay?

Thanks Smileorange,

Mine and my wife case transferred to local office yesterday and my wife got her interview letter today. But I did not get mine. I got both emails (mine and wife's) of case transferring together but only she got an interview. Any idea that this is normal to get the interview on different time.

Thanks Smileorange,

Mine and my wife case transferred to local office yesterday and my wife got her interview letter today. But I did not get mine. I got both emails (mine and wife's) of case transferring together but only she got an interview. Any idea that this is normal to get the interview on different time.

Emmo,

No worries mate, you'll get your letter tomorrow or Saturday. And yes, although you're a couple it is possible to get interviews for different dates. I, however, doubt this is the case with you. In any event, congrats man, I'm glad you're almost at the finish line.:)

Received Oath Letter (Thanks to the Lord for all HIS mercies)

Hello every one,

I am John, an April 2010 Filer. I thought of sharing my joy with you all. Even though I haven't registered with this thread, I have been following this thread right from the day I sent my N-400 application. This is really an excellent thread and the people are really nice and informative. I appreciate every one for posting their experiences and I wish the best for the people that are still waiting.

Looking forward to join the citizen's club.

DO: Philadelphia, PA

04/17 (00) : Sent
04/20 (03) : Received
04/28 (11) : Check Cashed
05/03 (16) : NOA
05/24 (37) : FP Letter
06/17 (61) : FP Done
06/28 (72) : YL
07/07 (81) : Case Transferred
07/12 (86) : IL
08/13 (118) : ID
08/19 (118) : OL
08/27 (118) : Oath Ceremony Date

I am officially an US citizen as of today :)
The ceremony was well organized and lasted about half an hour to 40 minutes in all. There were 36 people who took oath, from 20 different countries. After the oath, we went to the information room, where we submitted our applications for passport. We were promised that we will receive the passports in 10 business days if we submit the applications there. Let us see.

Did oath last thursday, applied for passport yesterday, and i am currently waiting for it to arrive. Thanks to everyone on here

OK Guys, Here I write you as citizen of the USA.
It was a great journey for me. I first came to this beautiful country in 2000 on H4 visa, I stayed here for couple of months but things did not work out with spouse so went back to my home county. Later in March 2002 I got my H1B and came here as temporary worker. I applied for my GC through my employer with labor substitution. Got my GC on 3/2005.
I applied citizenship in April 2010 and here I am a US Citizen in Aug 2010.
My interview actually was on 23rd August, I messed up with my signatures (corrected now).
I reached the Newark office at 7:50 AM for my 8:40 AM interview. There was a big line outside the building; I finally cleared the security at about 8:20 AM. Went up and gave my interview letter to the clerk. My name was called at 9:35 AM. The lady who took my interview was a bit rude and rough. She took me into an office, asked me not to sit and raise my right hand. I swore and then she asked me to sit down. The interview went very very fast. About 5 minutes at the most. She started with Civic test:
Who is the vice president?
What people came to America as slaves?
Who make federal laws?
Why did America fought with British?
How many amendments?
How many justices ?
Then she very quickly went over the application as asked for routine questions like arrest, prostitute etc. Then she said that she is recommending me for approval and I should wait outside for the oath letter.
I waited outside and got my oath letter just before the 11:30 oath began. They directed me to the room (on the same floor) for the oath.
Note:
I did have traffic tickets and did not mention them on the form.
I am currently on unemployment benefits.
Soon after the oath at about 12:15, I rushed to New York Passport Office. I did not have an appointment but decided to try my luck. I printed a letter on my company’s letterhead stating that I have urgent need to travel (8/27) and have to get a visa to the country I am going.
The lady at reception asked me if I have the appointment, I said no and showed her the letter. She accepted it and asked me to wait. My number was called in the next 55 minutes as it was a full house. The passport officer was very polite and took all my paper work, I asked him if I can get my passport today and he said yes!.
I had my passport in hand at 4:10.

At the end I like to thank everybody on this forum to share their experience and insights. Special thanks to UnitedNations, He gave me pointers about the labor substitution which even my lawyer didn’t know. I was able to utilize the substitution just because of his advice.

Finally... US Citizen!
My story is exactly the same as JS485 described, except for the passport for which I applied at a regular post office since I don't need it in a hurry.
Thank you for your support, good luck to all future fellow citizens!

DO: Newark, NJ
04/05/2010 : N-400 Sent to Dallas, TX via USPS
04/09/2010 : N-400 Rec.
xx/xx/2010 : Checks Cashed (Used Money Order)
04/17/2010 : NOA Rec.(I-797)
04/27/2010 : Rec. FP letter
05/20/2010 : FP done (as scheduled, in Elizabeth NJ)
07/13/2010 : Case sent to local off.
07/16/2010 : Interview Letter
08/19/2010 : Interview Date, APPROVED. Same day oath. US CITIZEN!
08/19/2010 : Passport Application Sent.
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Received

OK Guys, Here I write you as citizen of the USA.
It was a great journey for me. I first came to this beautiful country in 2000 on H4 visa, I stayed here for couple of months but things did not work out with spouse so went back to my home county. Later in March 2002 I got my H1B and came here as temporary worker. I applied for my GC through my employer with labor substitution. Got my GC on 3/2005.
I applied citizenship in April 2010 and here I am a US Citizen in Aug 2010.
My interview actually was on 23rd August, I messed up with my signatures (corrected now).
I reached the Newark office at 7:50 AM for my 8:40 AM interview. There was a big line outside the building; I finally cleared the security at about 8:20 AM. Went up and gave my interview letter to the clerk. My name was called at 9:35 AM. The lady who took my interview was a bit rude and rough. She took me into an office, asked me not to sit and raise my right hand. I swore and then she asked me to sit down. The interview went very very fast. About 5 minutes at the most. She started with Civic test:
Who is the vice president?
What people came to America as slaves?
Who make federal laws?
Why did America fought with British?
How many amendments?
How many justices ?
Then she very quickly went over the application as asked for routine questions like arrest, prostitute etc. Then she said that she is recommending me for approval and I should wait outside for the oath letter.
I waited outside and got my oath letter just before the 11:30 oath began. They directed me to the room (on the same floor) for the oath.
Note:
I did have traffic tickets and did not mention them on the form.
I am currently on unemployment benefits.
Soon after the oath at about 12:15, I rushed to New York Passport Office. I did not have an appointment but decided to try my luck. I printed a letter on my company’s letterhead stating that I have urgent need to travel (8/27) and have to get a visa to the country I am going.
The lady at reception asked me if I have the appointment, I said no and showed her the letter. She accepted it and asked me to wait. My number was called in the next 55 minutes as it was a full house. The passport officer was very polite and took all my paper work, I asked him if I can get my passport today and he said yes!.
I had my passport in hand at 4:10.

At the end I like to thank everybody on this forum to share their experience and insights. Special thanks to UnitedNations, He gave me pointers about the labor substitution which even my lawyer didn’t know. I was able to utilize the substitution just because of his advice.

Great. Congrats and thanks for posting your experience.

Emmo,

No worries mate, you'll get your letter tomorrow or Saturday. And yes, although you're a couple it is possible to get interviews for different dates. I, however, doubt this is the case with you. In any event, congrats man, I'm glad you're almost at the finish line.:)
thanks Smileorange