2010 April N-400 Tracker

We received the FP notice for my wife's application. Her case was slower initially (compared to my timeline just 3 months earlier), similar to what others see who filed in April. But now the FP date is within a couple of days of my timeline.
Her online status finally became visible on Saturday (took them close to 3 weeks), with the RFE announcement dated for 5/13. So I kinda knew that her FP notice would be in Monday's mail. BTW: It still puzzles me why they call it RFE in the online status, as this forum proves, it still causes anxiety with some of the applicants

Interesting difference in the verbiage of the FP notice: Mine rather casually allowed for an informal walk-in after the scheduled date for up to 3 months. In her notice, the language is more serious: either make the original date or one must formally reschedule a FP appointment or else...

I am getting a little concerned It has been almost three weeks and I still have not received fingerprint letter as of yet. Anyone experiencing the same delay? I did an online status check and it said that a RFE notice was sent out on 05/06/2010.
That is indeed a bit unusual, since the FP letter typically arrives within a week after the RFE shows up in the online status. Consider calling if they can tell you your FP date or resend the FP notice letter

That is indeed a bit unusual, since the FP letter typically arrives within a week after the RFE shows up in the online status. Consider calling if they can tell you your FP date or resend the FP notice letter

I called the customer service center and they told me that I will have to wait until the 21st of May as fifteen days needs to pass before they can resubmit a new notice. I wonder if I can pick up notice if I set up an infopass and go into the local office. Any suggestion?

kcambridge, your finger printer letter must have been lost. Don’t worry, jut print your online status out and walking in for the FP every Wednesday. Years ago, my FP letter for green card was returned to the USCIS by the postman because he thought my name was not on the mail box and there must be had no such a person living in there (what kind of a postman), then I walked in with my online status and have my FP done successfully.

kcambridge, your finger printer letter must have been lost. Don’t worry, jut print your online status out and walking in for the FP every Wednesday. Years ago, my FP letter for green card was returned to the USCIS by the postman because he thought my name was not on the mail box and there must be had no such a person living in there (what kind of a postman), then I walked in with my online status and have my FP done successfully.

Printing online status and walking in for FP might not work. What I noticed while FP, they use the bar code on FP notice to get/update FP info into their system. I would NOT encourage this and would schedule InfoPass, get FP notice and go for FP on due date.

This is my personal opinion.

~

Fingerprint notice

The online all that was sent was a RFE notice. I am not sure if it is actually the finger print letter. I called the national center and they told me that I must wait until the 21st of May before they can resend letter. I wonder if i set up info pass i can receive letter?

Try it. If you don’t try it, how do you know what will happen? Tomorrow is Wednesday, just go there with your green card, first Action of Notice with your case number over there and your online status in the early morning, tell the register that you called costumer service and they ASK you coming for FP every Wednesday, he maybe will take you to meet the supervisor. And then see what will happen. It’s better than you sitting on your computer and worrying about your case unless you prefer to wait.

By the way, I did call costumer service when I lost my finger printer leter and they did tell me I could do it every Wednesay.

Fingerprint notice

Try it. If you don’t try it, how do you know what will happen? Tomorrow is Wednesday, just go there with your green card, first Action of Notice with your case number over there and your online status in the early morning, tell the register that you called costumer service and they ASK you coming for FP every Wednesday, he maybe will take you to meet the supervisor. And then see what will happen. It’s better than you sitting on your computer and worrying about your case unless you prefer to wait.

I will go there next week Wednesday if I dont receive notice by this Friday as I will have to schedule time off from work. That way I can say that 15 days passed and adhere to their procedures. When I called they told me that I must wait the full 15 days from the 6th of May. Thanks!

Sethu
I recvd my FP notice today. I will walk in tomorrow.
In your case 'nothing happend' because you did not completed 5 years yet ? is that the reason ? I read on posts they keep you on hold if the 5 year term is not complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rawjuice

All the best for your walk in FP; Be there around 9.30 AM. I hope i will get some update this week. It is less than 2 weeks after FP, so i guess it is normal time frame

Update - finger print done today as scheduled.

DO: Newark, NJ
04/15/2010 : N-400 Sent to Dallas, TX
04/20/2010 : N-400 Received.
04/20/2010 : PD
04/26/2010 : ND
04/28/2010 : Check Cashed
04/30/2010 : NOA Rec.
05/07/2010 : Rec. FP letter;
05/18/2010 : FP Scheduled
05/18/2010 : FP done

xx/xx/2010 : Case sent to local off.
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Letter
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2010 : Oath Date
xx/xx/2010 : USC Date
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Application
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Received

FP done as per schedule at Alexandria ACS. Was asked for the notice, GC & DL. In and out in 20 mins.

The machine rejected a few of my finger scans and to me, it seemed that the rep re-did only some of the rejected ones. Does anyone know of issues with bad FP scans, meaning they have to go for FP again? Just a bit worried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Case trfd. to local office
DO: Baltimore. I live in Maryland.

03/29/2010(0): Sent N-400 Dallas Lock Box
04/01/2010(3): N-400 Rec.
04/09/2010 (12): Checks Cashed
04/07/2010 (10): Receipt ND & PD
04/12/2010 (15): NOA Rec.
04/14/2010 (17): RFE Recvd. for FP.
04/16/2010(19): LUD changes
04/17/2010 (20): Rec. FP letter;
05/07/2010(41): FP Scheduled
05/07/2010(41): FP Done
05/19/2010 (53): Case sent to local off. LUD changes

xx/xx/2010 (x): Interview Letter
xx/xx/2010 (x): Interview Date
xx/xx/2010 (x): Oath Date
xx/xx/2010 (x):USC Date
xx/xx/2010 (x): Passport Application
xx/xx/2010 (x): Passport Received

Online status on my application has following update. I have filed N-400 on 4/28 and received NOA on 5/8. Is there any red flag here?

"On May 17, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Thanks In Advance

I just spoke with an IO officer at the National Customer Service center and he told me that they are waiting on clearance from the FBI as they are currently performing a name check on my file. This has be explained to me as the reason for the delay. Has any of you all have this problem? Further the officer went on to say that it can take up to six months before I receive my fingerprint notice.

Online status on my application has following update. I have filed N-400 on 4/28 and received NOA on 5/8. Is there any red flag here?

"On May 17, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Thanks In Advance

No red flag. This is your Finger Print Notice. Just wait the notice arrives in mail soon.
Good Luck!

Congrats, your finger print notice is on your way. =)
Looks like your case move really fast, did you mailed your application to TX lock box? Cause I mailed mine to AZ lock box on 4/29, so far there is nothing updated online.

Thanks In Advance