2010 April N-400 Tracker

Hi
After sending N400 two weeks ago, I received notice of action with application number but there is NO receipt number (the box is blank). Why is that? Did anybody experience the same?

I guess application number is receipt number. who got two difference number?

Hello all,

I've updated my signature. Things seem to be going quickly! Lyn5033, I am surprised it took that long to cash your check.

The text message and email I received from USCIS, after cashing my check, includes a case number that begins with NBC. Is this normal? I thought it would begin with TSC for Texas Service Center?? Please comment. Anyone got the same text/ email with case number beginning with this prefix? Thanks.

There might be difference in payment processsing time as to what form of payment we sent
I mean
1. Money Order, 2. Cashier's Check or 3.Personal check
Can you please state what was your payment method?
So that we can relate time lines to that.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
text message

How do USCIS know your email address? From N400? I put my email address too, but didn't get any emails from them just notice of action in regular mail. BTW, mine does have NBC number in application number box, but receipt box is blank.

Hello all,

I've updated my signature. Things seem to be going quickly! Lyn5033, I am surprised it took that long to cash your check.

I feel ver lucky they did not lost my package. I was very confused how come my package was delivered on Sunday night. I dont get any text msg or email. How lucky you are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to register at USCIS case status, https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

How do USCIS know your email address? From N400? I put my email address too, but didn't get any emails from them just notice of action in regular mail. BTW, mine does have NBC number in application number box, but receipt box is blank.

To receive email or text message, you need to register at

My case status is updated as per online

RFE Recvd. for additional Information as per online case status check-- I hope this is for FP.

Please see signature update. Checks Cashed on 04/20/2010.

04/05/2010(0): Sent N-400 to Phoenix, Arizona
04/06/2010 (x): N-400 Rec. According to USPS
xx/xx/2010 (x): Receipt ND & PD
04/20/2010 (x): Checks Cashed
xx/xx/2010 (x): NOA Rec.
xx/xx/2010 (x): Rec. FP letter;
xx/xx/2010 (x): FP Scheduled
xx/xx/2010 (x): FP done
xx/xx/2010 (x): Case sent to local off.
xx/xx/2010 (x): Interview Letter
xx/xx/2010 (x): Interview Date
xx/xx/2010 (x): Oath Date
xx/xx/2010 (x): USC Date
xx/xx/2010 (x): Passport Application
xx/xx/2010 (x): Passport Received

me too sent Phoenix on April 2nd, received over there on April 5th. Check cashed on April 19, received letter of Receipt of the fees etc. (not finger printing stuff) on april 21 from MO. Interestingly there is no receipt number but Application number starting with NBC*000XXXXXXXx, is this common, can we check case status with application number. Any thought?
Thanks

NBC*000XXXXXXX.. is your receipt number, once they issue RFE (Probably FP Notice) then you will be able to track your case online..until then the online message says.. your case not found...

me too sent Phoenix on April 2nd, received over there on April 5th. Check cashed on April 19, received letter of Receipt of the fees etc. (not finger printing stuff) on april 21 from MO. Interestingly there is no receipt number but Application number starting with NBC*000XXXXXXXx, is this common, can we check case status with application number. Any thought?
Thanks
yes, this is your "tracking" number with USCIS, you can add track it on https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, might take a couple days until your case shows up. Also, if one sends form G-1145 along with the N-400 packaged, you'll get a one-off SMS and email notification with the NBC* application number once it has been accepted (great for the overly impatient like myself :)).

yes, this is your "tracking" number with USCIS, you can add track it on https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, might take a couple days until your case shows up. Also, if one sends form G-1145 along with the N-400 packaged, you'll get a one-off SMS and email notification with the NBC* application number once it has been accepted (great for the overly impatient like myself :)).

Fellow members:

My online account is active this morning...It says request for evidence sent on Aprill 20th...Things are moving smoothly....

I feel ver lucky they did not lost my package. I was very confused how come my package was delivered on Sunday night. I dont get any text msg or email. How lucky you are!

Congratulations Lynn with the cashing thing...in my experience that was the most difficult aspect the process...it is a big relief to know that your check is cashed because you know that your application got in the process....

Is the USCIS processing applications by PD. My PD is 13 Aprill...they sent RFE 20th Aprill....your PD is April 9...RFE is sent 22...
I think the PD does not matter much, since different lockboxes, centers and eventually DOs handle a application. I assume they PD only is used to order within one "stack" at a particular handling unit?

faysal, good luck, looks like your FP notice (the RFE) is on its way.

Looks that I'm not done with my N-400 tracking addiction yet, but this time on a newer N-400 tracker thread:
Today, we mailed my wife's N-400 application, thus sending her on this exciting journey. Her filing date almost coincided with my ID/OD since she had to wait with her application until she received a permit to preserve her native German citizenship.

What is more "fun" than dealing with one bureaucracy? Having to deal with two...!

Since her application is now past our 5 year GC anniversary, there shouldn't be any artificial wait time to become oath eligible. So maybe by Independence Day, she'll be a citizen, too?

Checks Cashed

After spending eternity of time in Phoenix center, my checks have been cashed. I guess it calls for a celebration.

It seems it is taking on an average 14-15 days to cash the check after receive date of N400 in Phoenix, Arizona.