2010 April N-400 Tracker

Hello everybody!

I just came back home last nigh from a long work weekend. and Surprise! the IL letter was here, I never get the notification by e-mail, anyway i am rally happy that newark is finally moving! my interview is going to take place in newark on august 17 at 740am
Did you sign up for email and text message notification?

another thing: with my interview i got another piece of paper( white in color) telling me all the documents that i need to take to my interview, is that the YL?

Congrats dfvm!! You got it! :)

Now you have something else to worry about! LOL!! The additional information you received along with the IL is not the YL. The YL is a letter written on yellow paper! I got one a couple days after my IL asking me to get my NJ state license along with me. Basically, it's for additional documentation they want you to get along with you for the interview. From what I've read, some never receive it...

Application sent to the Lewisville office, which was re-routed to the Dallas office.
DO: Mount Laurel, NJ
1. 04-15-2010 : N-400 Sent
2. 04/20/2010 : N-400 Rec
3. 04/20/2010 : Receipt ND & PD
4. 04/27/2010 : Check Cashed
5. 04/30/2010 : NOA Rec. (confirm personal information, if incorrect)
6. 05/05/2010 : Rec. FP letter;
7. 05/26/2010 : FP Scheduled
8. 05/26/2010 : FP done
9. 06/17/2010 : Case sent to local office (txt & e-mail notification)
10. 06/18/2010: Interview Letter
11. 06/22/2010: Yellow Letter
12. 07/20/2010 : Interview Date

[My YL is talking about the following items. What is second item means ? do i have take original traffic tickets ? i dont have one of those. By the way i mentioned list of traffic tickets in application.

1] Bring your state-issued driver's license or state-issued photo id
2] You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved.

Looks like we have same interview date at the same place Baltimore DO. Me and my wife both have morning 8am, what is yours?

Had my Interview. Was taken by a friendly lady. The first thing she did was to go through the questions and then the written part. After that she said that I passed. Then she went over the form. She asked if I had taken any trips outside USA since submitting the application. Since I had, she asked for the dates which I gave her. Finally she said that I was approved. I was given an option of taking the oath today but for some technical reason, I asked if that could be taken after August 1. She wrote that out and put it in top of the packet and said not to worry and I should hear about it soon. My wife also passed her interview but a decision could not be made in her case as she is oath eligible after the 18th. Hopefully both myself and my wife could get the same oath day but I dont know if that will happen.

@MKSHIRSA Hopefully your interview went smoothly...

I had my interview today. Went through the civics, which i passed, and then the form i filled out. Nothing was collected from me. I cant believe I've prepared the documents these while and nothing was asked, but it was all good. We went through the same ol' questions on the form, and in the end, i signed. She told me i passed and was recommended for approval. Right now, i am just waiting for the oath letter

Hi guys,

I had my interview and it went well the usual stuff. The IO was very cordial and went through the usual stuff, first Swearing, then signature and he ran through the Questions in the application. The Civics interview was very fast like a 60s rapid round.He had a big file of all the Docs and I94's and he went through them thoroughly while asking questions.
Finally he said I passed the test and gave print out that I passed the test. the whole thing was for 20-30 minutes, including the waiting time.

04/26/2010(0): Sent N-400 Phoenix
05/05/2010 (10): Checks Cashed
05/06/2010 (11): Receipt ND & PD
05/07/2010 (12): NOA Rec.
05/13/2010 (18): RFE Recvd. for FP.
05/15/2010 (20): Rec. FP letter;
06/01/2010(35): FP Scheduled
05/24/2010(29): FP Done
06/07/2010 (): Case sent to local off. LUD changes
06/07/2010 (): Interview Letter
07/12/2010 (): Interview Date ( Done)

xx/xx/2010 (x): Oath Date
xx/xx/2010 (x):USC Date
xx/xx/2010 (x): Passport Application
xx/xx/2010 (x): Passport Received

[My YL is talking about the following items. What is second item means ? do i have take original traffic tickets ? i dont have one of those. By the way i mentioned list of traffic tickets in application.

1] Bring your state-issued driver's license or state-issued photo id
2] You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved.

did you ever get arrested. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Passed my interview today. yay!!

My interview was at the San Jose DO in the morning today. I was there 25 minutes before time. But for some reason they were running late. They called me in about 40 mins AFTER my allotted time (about 65 min total wait which was nerve wracking..). Anyways I got called in by the officer lady who was ok. She wasnt warm and friendly but she wasn't bad either. She first made me take the oath then asked me for my GC, passport and DL. She then asked for my old passports too. Then she asked me to sign my pictures that I had submitted with my application. She had a thick file with my "records".

She went through the application and asked my name, address, phone, and other details. Basically we went through almost the full application. She noted that I had several trips (10 in the last 5 years) and asked if I liked to travel. I said yes. She was ok with that but she did go through my passport to verify the visa/entry stamp dates (of a few trips, not all) and match it with my application details. She asked me if I had any kids, I said no. She asked again if I have any kids anywhere in the world. I said no again. She asked me twice if I was arrested for any reason anywhere in the world. No again.

After that she started the civics test. I answered first 6 right.

(ocean on west coast - pacific
national anthem - star spangled banner
what happen on 9/11 - terrorists attacked USA
rule of law - no one is above the law
at what age can we vote for president - 18 and above
why do we have 13 stripes in the flag - represent 13 original colonies)

She asked me to read a sentence
"How many senators do we have?"
and write
"we have one hundred senators"

She said I had passed and that she was recommending me for citizenship. She asked me if I had any questions for her. I asked what are next steps. She said I will get Oath letter in next 2 months and it will let me know when to come in for oath. She then remarked that I brought along a big file with many papers in it and asked me what I had brought for the interview. I said I had got Income tax returns for last several years in case they were needed. She didnt say anything to that.

That was it. Overall fairly smooth

(P.S. my wife also interviewed and passed on Jul 13. Her interview was similar but smoother and faster. Almost no additional questions asked other than civics, read and write questions. Only GC was asked, no passport or DL.)

Next oath, then passport.. :)

Interview was at 8.00am, we arrived there at 7.00am. Checked in at 7.30am. I was asked to wait in the room for about 5 minutes and then called in by the officer who interviewed me. First she asked me to write a sentence (Thanksgiving is in ...) then she asked me to read a sentence (Abraham Lincoln....). After that she started asking questions, after 6 questions she stopped and reviewed with me the whole Application submitted by me. At the criminal Citation question I answered No and added that although I had a Traffic Citation in the past and paid the fine. The Officer did not react to that and said that you have passed the English Reading, Writing and Interview and I am recommending you for Citizenship.
She then mentioned if I would like to appear for the Oath Ceremony that was at 3.00pm the same day, and I replied yes.
Thats all that was it, I was out of the office just within 10 minutes.
At 3.00 pm went for the Oath Ceremony and received the Certificate.Same with my spouse.
And now here I am writing as a US Citizen that it was really a good Interview. So folks the long Immigration Journey is over.

Even though i did not receive any email confirmation. my online status says as follows...does this mean i will get my IL soon ? Usually how long does it take to receive IL after online status change ?

Testing and Interview
Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I got 3 traffic tickets

If you read uscis instructions it clearly states not to mention the traffic tickets unless there is an arrest involved.
Now you will have to get the records from DMV to prove to the officer that there was no arrest involved.

Passed my interview today. yay!!

My interview was at the San Jose DO in the morning today. I was there 25 minutes before time. But for some reason they were running late. They called me in about 40 mins AFTER my allotted time (about 65 min total wait which was nerve wracking..). Anyways I got called in by the officer lady who was ok. She wasnt warm and friendly but she wasn't bad either. She first made me take the oath then asked me for my GC, passport and DL. She then asked for my old passports too. Then she asked me to sign my pictures that I had submitted with my application. She had a thick file with my "records".

She went through the application and asked my name, address, phone, and other details. Basically we went through almost the full application. She noted that I had several trips (10 in the last 5 years) and asked if I liked to travel. I said yes. She was ok with that but she did go through my passport to verify the visa/entry stamp dates (of a few trips, not all) and match it with my application details. She asked me if I had any kids, I said no. She asked again if I have any kids anywhere in the world. I said no again. She asked me twice if I was arrested for any reason anywhere in the world. No again.

After that she started the civics test. I answered first 6 right.

(ocean on west coast - pacific
national anthem - star spangled banner
what happen on 9/11 - terrorists attacked USA
rule of law - no one is above the law
at what age can we vote for president - 18 and above
why do we have 13 stripes in the flag - represent 13 original colonies)

She asked me to read a sentence
"How many senators do we have?"
and write
"we have one hundred senators"

She said I had passed and that she was recommending me for citizenship. She asked me if I had any questions for her. I asked what are next steps. She said I will get Oath letter in next 2 months and it will let me know when to come in for oath. She then remarked that I brought along a big file with many papers in it and asked me what I had brought for the interview. I said I had got Income tax returns for last several years in case they were needed. She didnt say anything to that.

That was it. Overall fairly smooth

(P.S. my wife also interviewed and passed on Jul 13. Her interview was similar but smoother and faster. Almost no additional questions asked other than civics, read and write questions. Only GC was asked, no passport or DL.)

Next oath, then passport.. :)

congrulations.

Interview was at 8.00am, we arrived there at 7.00am. Checked in at 7.30am. I was asked to wait in the room for about 5 minutes and then called in by the officer who interviewed me. First she asked me to write a sentence (Thanksgiving is in ...) then she asked me to read a sentence (Abraham Lincoln....). After that she started asking questions, after 6 questions she stopped and reviewed with me the whole Application submitted by me. At the criminal Citation question I answered No and added that although I had a Traffic Citation in the past and paid the fine. The Officer did not react to that and said that you have passed the English Reading, Writing and Interview and I am recommending you for Citizenship.
She then mentioned if I would like to appear for the Oath Ceremony that was at 3.00pm the same day, and I replied yes.
Thats all that was it, I was out of the office just within 10 minutes.
At 3.00 pm went for the Oath Ceremony and received the Certificate.Same with my spouse.
And now here I am writing as a US Citizen that it was really a good Interview. So folks the long Immigration Journey is over.

congrulations